“Touch of France”
Review of Cafe Rouge - Basingstoke - CLOSED

Cafe Rouge - Basingstoke
Price range: US$53 - US$53
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Touch of France”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Good weekend lunch,reasonably priced with that could be in France atmosphere. One of our favourite places to eat. Staff friendly but then thats the way I found the french in France.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“A huge disappointment having heard good things previously.”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Upon arrival we were told chips were not available and asked to chose something else. I opted for the beef bourguignon which for the price was distinctly average. Low quality meat and a poor range of veg. The starter prior to that was probably the blandest I have ever had. Literally a few pieces of chorizo left cold, un-tended and to their own devises on a plate. Then, after a call of nature I noticed chips were apparently back on the menu but nobody had thought to advise us of this! The whole operation also had me sat there for over 2.5 hours. After a good Christmas meal there in 2012, the whole thing was a colossal disappointment.

3 Thank BaldMaster
London, United Kingdom
“Raw Chicken”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Me & my husband don't get out much as 2 babies under 2yr old...so wanted to try somewhere different, this place not nice on the inside & out, Service was good....

Then my husband got his main...it was chicken which looked nice, he took a bite into it and it was very pink, bleeding & very cold in the middle....I was discussed so called the waiter & he said sorry & took it to the kitchen who was gone less than 5mins & brought back the same bit of chicken (which we think was just put in the microwave!) my husband at this time was already put off so said he did not want it, it had also made my stomach turn!! We was offered free puddings!! Which we said no to as really just wanted to go...they gave us bill & we did not have to pay for hubby's other than that that dud no care less...Truly outraged & gutted for what was Ment to be a nice evening of rest & enjoyment...I'm so pleased I can add this review!! Don't go there, Mc Donald's is just up the road & far better!!!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Malakaiess
Alton, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Went in on 1st Sunday in January at lunch time. Service very good but not pushy or rushed. The best steak in months, at last someone knows how to cook a steak! Wonderful creme brûlée. Will certainly being returning.

• Visited January 2014
“Nice staff, nice food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We used some tesco club card vouchers as a birthday treat on 23rd Dec, the staff gave us a very pleasant greeting and were really polite.

The food was served promptly, was hot and tasty.

What more can you ask for?

We will be returning.