“Highly recommended”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We had a takeaway and the service was brilliant and the food was amazing would defiantly be going again :-)

Date of visit: September 2013
6  Thank Becky1006

Reviewed 18 September 2013

A group of us meet up every month for a curry and the Red Rose has made a lot of money from us over the years - we have been there a lot! Good food and sensible prices but the service is so variable. You can wait ages for a meal sometimes (as usual, the take-away service takes precedence) but the waiter tipped (pun intended) us over the edge one night when he asked "shall I keep the change" as his tip. After a couple more dodgy service evenings, we went to the Spice restaurant 1/2 mile away. Food was very good there - but way more expensive than the Red Rose.

1  Thank vetoevo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I am lucky to have this restaurant as my "local" curry house. There is plenty of choice in Basingstoke and I have tried all of them and keem coming back to The Red Rose. The service, quality of food and cleanliness of customer areas is always consistant.
I would not hesitate in recommending the Red Rose to anyone looking for a good curry with good service.

4  Thank mac_the_dog43
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Given we arrived at 10pm (booked) apres tennis, I was wondering what sort of food/service we would get. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. The staff were very courteous and efficient, there was a little wait for the food but we could see into the kitchen where it was freshly prepared. I am not a great fan of Indian restaurants as I am vegetarian and abhor the practice of Halal. That said the vegetarian dishes here were superb. So thanks to the boss for letting us book late and to the staff for looking after us.

Date of visit: September 2013
4  Thank ebbcourt
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We visited here last night and I have to say it is probably the best curry I have had.
From the moment we walked in the service was excellent.
The restaurant was extremely clean and welcoming. The atmosphere was brilliant too. We were seated straight away for a booking at 8:45pm and there was just 1 table spare at this time. It was busy and lively which spoke volumes to me. I knew we'd have a good meal.
Both my boyfriend and I had a beer, poppadoms with the chutney tray, a starter, main and side dish. All for the bargain price of £34!!!
It really is excellent and the portions are huge.
Thoroughly recommended and we will definitely be returning here.

10  Thank Kerry Louise D