“Not bad but not that great either...”

The Red Rose Tandoori
Ranked #61 of 269 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Price range: £0 - £24
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Have eaten here a few times now. Very clean and staff seem friendly. Each time it has been very busy.

Food is ok although the dish I have is usually hotter in other restaurants that I've eaten in. Also sauce lacked freshness on each occasion I have eaten here.

Starters were nice but on the whole I would rate the food as average.

If eating in or ordering a takeaway I would avoid ordering too late as they get busy which does reflect on the quality of the food.

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

This is a really nice little restaurant in kempshott basingstoke. the meat curry dishes are good especially the lamb which was succulent and tender! Prices are reasonable it's about 10 pounds for a curry and rice. Toilets are clean!

Date of visit: December 2013
2  Thank lazzarini007
Reviewed 28 November 2013

A hidden gem in a small parade of shops. I have been going here for the past 10-15 years, within the last couple of years it has had a 'make-over', the quality of food has always been of a very high standard. Like most Indian establishments they have a 'chef speciality' menu.

I guarantee if you visit you won't be disappointed....

5  Thank GrumpyOldGit_007
Reviewed 26 November 2013

It was a our third visit to the the red rose and boy they do not disappoint. The food was great and a very impressive service for a very busy restaurant. The restaurant is immaculately clean and so are the restrooms, yes and i would like them mirrors in my bath room too lol.. i would highly recommend as in my opinion its the best Indian restaurant In Basinsgtoke!

7  Thank SuzieB0213
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Really nice hidden gem. Don't expect this from the outside. Really felt looked after and surprisingly not too pricey for curry. Find lots these days over priced.

The toilet has the coolest mirror ever! Next time I go I'l ad a photo!

Date of visit: October 2013