“Ordered delivery and glad I did”

The Red Rose Tandoori
Ranked #25 of 264 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Ordered delivery as I was dying for a good Indian meal. Very glad I ordered from here, quite good quality even for delivery (things can sometimes lose quality in transit). Had Garlic Jahl Chicken which was very tasty. I will order again from here, maybe today!

2  Thank Ronbdavies

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I am a regular customer of Red Rose Tandori, Food is beautiful. Usually good service and friendly atmosphere, unfortunately rang to book a table and was shocked at the response from certain members of staff, very rude and unhelpful, needless to say, I will not be using this restaurant again. Shame but I'm sure I will find another Indian restaurant to equal the Red Rose.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have been a regular customer of the Red Rose for many years and during that time have frequented every other Indian restaurant in the Basingstoke area. Each time I choose to eat elsewhere I wished I had chosen the red rose. Having read previous reviews from other customers I was amazed to see that several wrote poor reviews. In my experience I have never had a bad meal, the food is always well cooked, tasty and extremely varied. The staff are polite and welcoming and the restaurant is clean, nicely furnished and accommodating. As I said I have been a regular customer and thought it about time to publish my review through trip advisor. I will continue to dine at the Red Rose as they are miles ahead of the stiff competition in Basingstoke.

3  Thank GARYGOONER59
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Upon our arrival we were asked to take a seat whilst our table was being prepared. Some minutes later, having been completely ignored, we called over the manager and asked when our table would be ready as we had been waiting some time. He was unable to give us an answer. We pointed out to him that during our considerable wait no one or nobody asked us if we would like a drink. He replied that when he spoke to us on our arrival he told us we would be waiting some time. We told him that we had never spoken to him at all, only to one of the waiters. He stormed off in a hump and with no apology of a long wait or asking if we would like a drink. Absolutely appalling service. Disgusted by his attitude we left the restaurant, with an overall impression that this restaurant is only after your money and has no regard to customer service. Shame on them.

1  Thank alicia k
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Have eaten here a few times now. Very clean and staff seem friendly. Each time it has been very busy.

Food is ok although the dish I have is usually hotter in other restaurants that I've eaten in. Also sauce lacked freshness on each occasion I have eaten here.

Starters were nice but on the whole I would rate the food as average.

If eating in or ordering a takeaway I would avoid ordering too late as they get busy which does reflect on the quality of the food.