“Poor service means I won't be ordering again :(”

The Red Rose Tandoori
Ranked #61 of 270 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Price range: £0 - £24
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I've used The Red Rose for deliveries for years. It has been excellent for a long time but has gone downhill over the past year or so. The problem is they tell you how long it'll take and then let you down. Tonight is the final straw - they did say they were busy so it would take between 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes but I went with it. After 2 hours I rang them with the intention of cancelling it if it wasn't ready and was told it was just going out the door so would be with me in 7-8 minutes. 20 minutes later it finally turned up and was tepid at best. Busy or not, I'm not impressed and won't be ordering from there ever again. The Spice is much more reliable and the food is great too.

1  Thank tinajordan

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Service slow food fair... which was a disappointment as it has been better in the past... reason given it was busy1

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Ordered delivery as I was dying for a good Indian meal. Very glad I ordered from here, quite good quality even for delivery (things can sometimes lose quality in transit). Had Garlic Jahl Chicken which was very tasty. I will order again from here, maybe today!

2  Thank Ronbdavies
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I am a regular customer of Red Rose Tandori, Food is beautiful. Usually good service and friendly atmosphere, unfortunately rang to book a table and was shocked at the response from certain members of staff, very rude and unhelpful, needless to say, I will not be using this restaurant again. Shame but I'm sure I will find another Indian restaurant to equal the Red Rose.

Date of visit: January 2014
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have been a regular customer of the Red Rose for many years and during that time have frequented every other Indian restaurant in the Basingstoke area. Each time I choose to eat elsewhere I wished I had chosen the red rose. Having read previous reviews from other customers I was amazed to see that several wrote poor reviews. In my experience I have never had a bad meal, the food is always well cooked, tasty and extremely varied. The staff are polite and welcoming and the restaurant is clean, nicely furnished and accommodating. As I said I have been a regular customer and thought it about time to publish my review through trip advisor. I will continue to dine at the Red Rose as they are miles ahead of the stiff competition in Basingstoke.

Date of visit: January 2014