“Best Curry in Basingstoke - eaten here probably 50-100 times”

The Red Rose Tandoori
Ranked #28 of 264 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The Red Rose is our local Indian Restaurant.
We have had a takeaway probably once a month for the the last 5-10 years and eaten out in the restaurant there a fair few times as well. Have never had a bad meal and staff always very friendly.(I've eaten curries all over the UK as I travel a lot for work so am in a good position to judge!)
Googled out of curiosity as we take the place for granted, felt compelled to add my view as there were one or two negative reviews (3 x 1 star reviews because it was very noisy on a Friday night, seriously??, get real guys) The reason it's very busy on a Friday night is because it's a very good place to eat, people travel there just for that as there is no 'passing / tourist trade' at a local parade of shops in a suburb of Basingstoke...

Anyway, take it from a local, this is a great Indian with excellent food and is good value for money. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank AntonyM43

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I've used The Red Rose for deliveries for years. It has been excellent for a long time but has gone downhill over the past year or so. The problem is they tell you how long it'll take and then let you down. Tonight is the final straw - they did say they were busy so it would take between 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes but I went with it. After 2 hours I rang them with the intention of cancelling it if it wasn't ready and was told it was just going out the door so would be with me in 7-8 minutes. 20 minutes later it finally turned up and was tepid at best. Busy or not, I'm not impressed and won't be ordering from there ever again. The Spice is much more reliable and the food is great too.

1  Thank tinajordan
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Service slow food fair... which was a disappointment as it has been better in the past... reason given it was busy1

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Ordered delivery as I was dying for a good Indian meal. Very glad I ordered from here, quite good quality even for delivery (things can sometimes lose quality in transit). Had Garlic Jahl Chicken which was very tasty. I will order again from here, maybe today!

2  Thank Ronbdavies
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I am a regular customer of Red Rose Tandori, Food is beautiful. Usually good service and friendly atmosphere, unfortunately rang to book a table and was shocked at the response from certain members of staff, very rude and unhelpful, needless to say, I will not be using this restaurant again. Shame but I'm sure I will find another Indian restaurant to equal the Red Rose.