“Best takeaway I have ever had!”

The Red Rose Tandoori
Ranked #28 of 264 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I am only writing this as a review on the takeaway not the restaurant. We have purchased twice now and used the online ordering. Very easy to use and the delivery was speedy. Food was also hot even though we live the other side of basingstoke. I ordered from here as it had been recommended by a few people to me. The food was very tasty and not greasy. I had a lamb rogan josh and it was amazing plus nan which was fresh. Value for money and you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Isaac9990

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We mainly get our take outs from here and have never been disappointed, they have always been delivered within the time given more importantly hot! We have also eaten here a few times and never had a bad experience, the staff have always been friendly and accommodating.
Oh, and we appreciate the Christmas card every year!

5  Thank Charles H
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Decent food (6-7/10),,, good atmosphere (6/10),,, nice staff (although I didn't like the way the staff lounged about on their phones on the chairs as it made the place feel less professional which is a shame as this place looked quite nice),,,, quite expensive overall but a place that i would recommend to try... I had the chilli chicken masala and was nice medium spice and tasty

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Have been going to the Red Rose for many years now and never had a bad meal. Food always fresh and very tasty, and the staff are very friendly and welcoming. This is the best indian restaurant in basingstoke.

1  Thank John D
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The Red Rose is our local Indian Restaurant.
We have had a takeaway probably once a month for the the last 5-10 years and eaten out in the restaurant there a fair few times as well. Have never had a bad meal and staff always very friendly.(I've eaten curries all over the UK as I travel a lot for work so am in a good position to judge!)
Googled out of curiosity as we take the place for granted, felt compelled to add my view as there were one or two negative reviews (3 x 1 star reviews because it was very noisy on a Friday night, seriously??, get real guys) The reason it's very busy on a Friday night is because it's a very good place to eat, people travel there just for that as there is no 'passing / tourist trade' at a local parade of shops in a suburb of Basingstoke...

Anyway, take it from a local, this is a great Indian with excellent food and is good value for money. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank AntonyM43