“Cheap and Nasty Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2022 via mobile

Had a night in on my own so decided to have a curry delivered. Curry is my favourite food and I’ve eaten in most places in Basingstoke, and have not eaten at the red rose for years. So decided as I did not want to leave the house this evening that I will get a takeaway delivered. So I decided to give the red Rose another try.

I ordered a mixed starter, it was a very small dish when it arrived and consisted of an onion bhaji and two small pieces of chicken. I would consider it a below-average starter and was slightly disappointed.

My main course dish was a lamb madras with mushroom and Keema rice. It looks reasonable on first inspection, but it’s taste considerably let it down. It was very bland and I did not enjoy it at all so I only ate approximately half, then the other half ended up in the bin.

I personally would not eat at the red Rose again or order another delivery. There are many other places in Basingstoke that could do better even on their worst day. I have heard many people say they enjoy the red Rose, but as a curry lover I would certainly not say the same myself.

I however am pleased I did try the red Rose this evening, does it confirmed my long-standing opinion of the red rose to be an accurate one. In other words cheap and nasty.

Date of visit: July 2022
1  Thank F0ODJUNK1E

Reviewed 28 June 2022 via mobile

Excellent service and excellent food excellent customer service and excellent management and staff and friendly service from the management team to the staff and the kitchen

Date of visit: June 2022
3  Thank David G
Reviewed 19 June 2022

Chicken Jalfrezi was bad had no red peppers and 1 chilli lol poor won’t be ordering again for the price they are charging exspect better

Date of visit: June 2022
1  Thank Jon141084
Reviewed 11 April 2022 via mobile

Excellent service and excellent quality of food and great atmosphere fantastic food and manager to staff and kitchen staff excellent

Date of visit: April 2022
3  Thank christinasanettej
Reviewed 27 March 2022 via mobile

My mother loves an Indian so we went to the Red Rose for mother's day. It was an excellent choice, the food and service were outstanding.

Date of visit: March 2022