“Good food, a little pricey.”
Review of La Tasca - Milton Keynes - CLOSED

La Tasca - Milton Keynes
Price range: US$28 - US$56
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A fleet of authentic Spanish tapas restaurants established in 1993, La Tasca offers an award-winning range of sumptuous Mediterranean flavours. Sourcing ingredients from artisan suppliers dotted across Spain, head chef Antony compiles a range of boldly flavoured sharing dishes, all complemented by a range of Spanish wines, sangrias and sherries. Ever family-friendly, younger diners can enjoy delicious miniature tapas plates at La Tasca - Milton Keynes.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I visited here with a friend last week - our food was tasty, all the dishes came together so it was good to try everything at once. The portion sizes were quite small and a little pricey due to their small size, we ordered potatoes with spicy tomatoes and garlic mayonnaise and the dish came with the smallest amount of sauce which was a little disappointing - would definitely order 3 dishes per person if you want to feel full!

It was nice to try something new however I probably will not go again.

latascam2013, General Manager at La Tasca - Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Hi, thanks for the review I am glad you enjoyed the food. Have you signed up for a loyalty card? It gives you great offers and discounts and makes visiting even better value for money!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Met a pal today for lunch..

Don’t often do that so was a nice change.. Or was it.. Ahhhh hmmmm!

Well it was great to catch up with the pal and share some thoughts…

We were going to eat in Coal , a grill type place yet to be fair the menu wasn’t taking my fancy .. I think unfortunately when you have been lucky enough to eat ‘proper’ grill food it becomes tough to go to a regular chain grill joint.. Right?

So decided on las Tasca .. A Spanish style place.. Although as my pal is actually Spanish this could be interesting!

Went for a selection of tapas, pardon peppers even though they aren’t in season so interesting as to how they have them .. Our server couldn’t tell us where they come from apart from saying they come in a bag.. Ah well.. they didn’t taste the greatest anyways..

A tortilla of two slices.. Chef ping ping musta helped out here..

Battered white fish.. That was ok.. Not greasy..

Chorizo fried on the plancha.. I’ve had much tastier to be honest.. Although was ok..

Belly pork with rosemary scented beans.. That was nice.. Big lump also!

And ‘angry eggs’ .. Turns out it’s skinny fries with patas bravas sauce and a fried egg on top.. Posh egg and chips.. Yet a dish I would for sure have again!! Great skinny fries!

The service was ok.. There were only four others in at the time although I think there was a big party upstairs..

The cost? Well my pal paid which was kind of her.. Yet I don’t think it was that good value.. That’s what you get in a chain I suppose .. ?

Desert? Churros and a cheesecake.. Cake good .. Churros not the super tasty street snack you may know and love.. And I think they were fried in the same oil as the fries perhaps?

Would I go back.?

Sorry no ..

latascam2013, Manager at La Tasca - Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry you were dissapointed with the value. I would like to speak to you about your visit so if you could forward contact details it would be great

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very good lunch with good service and food. Despite the fact that we were in a hurry, they managed everything well! They have a good mix of tapas and a good value for quality.

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca

Hi, thank you for the lovely review I am really glad you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Have used for some years and, as always, good food and wine, good value for money and a warm welcome and excellent service from Steve!

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca

Hola! Thank you for the great review, I have let Steve know and he is over the moon. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

From the second we walked in the door the service was excellent, food was spot on, deffo return soon

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca
latascam2013, General Manager at La Tasca - Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hola. Thank you for the lovely review, I am really pleased you had a good anniversary and hiope to see you soon.