“Dreadful Experience”
Review of La Tasca - Milton Keynes - CLOSED

La Tasca - Milton Keynes
Price range: US$27 - US$53
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A fleet of authentic Spanish tapas restaurants established in 1993, La Tasca offers an award-winning range of sumptuous Mediterranean flavours. Sourcing ingredients from artisan suppliers dotted across Spain, head chef Antony compiles a range of boldly flavoured sharing dishes, all complemented by a range of Spanish wines, sangrias and sherries. Ever family-friendly, younger diners can enjoy delicious miniature tapas plates at La Tasca - Milton Keynes.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Ok so we thought we've give this place a try as it's something different - it was our 5 year wedding anniversary 04 July 2014.

Setting is nice enough, staff were friendly, however this is where it all ends.

Firstly the cocktails - My wife's was over £5, and mine was over £6, we thought we'd treat ourselves as it's our special day. Well, it came out in 2 minutes and was like someone grabbed one of the Ikea glasses out of my kictchen cupboard and sloshed some OJ and 3 ice cube in it. Now come on La Tasca, if you're charging more than the actual FOOD for your drinks, you better damn make sure it comes in a nice glass, and generous amounts of alcohol, as well as a slice of fruit. Hell for £6+ I want a bloody sparkler in it!
DRINK VERDICT - AVOID the cocktails like the plague!

Now on to the food - curious as to what all the fuss is about Tapas (and there doesn't seem to be any "plate meals for one" at all on the menu, we ordered 4 of them between us, ranging for £5 - £7 per dish. So approx £20 was spent on our food order, bringing the bill up to £32 including the cocktails.

Now lets bear in mind you can get a whole roast dinner (3 roast carvery) at a lovely riverside pub for under £5 in MK. Well sadly, like the cocktails, when the tiniest little bowls of food came out we both looked at eachother - the wife said "If we had our 2 little boys with us this wouldn't even be enough for them!" She was absolutely correct - in fact my 2 year old would be screaming for more food.

What we got in one of the dishes was 4 little slices of chorizo, and 4 little bits of preformed diced chicken floating in a greasy sauce.

Anyway, to cut the story short, we paid our £32, then headed straight next door to Weatherpoons where we ordered another meal each as we left La Tasca starving!

We were both absolutely gutted our experience turned out this way, as the Mrs really wanted to try Spanish food for a change. Needless to say we won't be heading back in a hurry!

Tips for La Tasca -

put some effort into the presentation of the cocktails if you are going to charge these prices. Las Iguana's do great cocktails.

The tapas portions are too small, and need to be bigger than 2 tablespoons for £5+ a pop

Staff could be more tentative - "Have you eater here before? Here's how the menu works. Can I get you a drink?" (we had to call service for our first drink, as we were seated then the waiter walked off)

3  Thank Rhythmicstu
latascam2013, Manager at La Tasca - Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hi, I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit to La Tasca. I would like to speak to you about it so if possible could you forward your contact details. Many thanks

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Went on a Friday evening at 8pm during the world cup and although it was busy the staff were polite and courteous.
Having coeliac disease, there is a good variety of food other than salad that most restaurants seem to offer.
Although the service was a little slow the food was hot and tasty and they didn't seem to mind when we wanted to order more!!

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca

Hi, thank you for the great review, I am pleased you enjoyed your visit. See you again soon

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Thank you for accommodating us so well with the special menu - making it affordable for our students. The salsa dancing was also great - the vibe and atmosphere were electric! Looking forward to the next one!

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca
latascam2013, General Manager at La Tasca - Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Hi Ann, thanks for the lovely review. I am glad you all enjoyed your visit and we look forward to doing it again. See you soon

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Once again La Tasca service was good & the taste of the food was great. I have 2 comments which should be brought to your attention.

The carafe of Sangria was very expensive at £13.95, we only got 1.5 glasses each.
We ordered a portion of french fries, the ones which came to the table were so thin, and were cold after a minute, at £1.95 these were very expensive.
Other than my rant of the above it was good, & the same quality as other La Tasca restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca
latascam2013, Manager at La Tasca - Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hi, thanks for the review, I am glad you enjoyed your visit. Your comments have been passed back to our head office. I hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 23 June 2014

me and my girlfriend went on our "date night" to la tasca and cineworld and we had an excellent evening. the staff were brilliant and we were never forgotten about and the food was wonderfull :) all in all a great evening in a restaurant with a happy and lively atmosphere. will definately go again.

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca
latascam2013, General Manager at La Tasca - Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hola, Thank you for the lovely review, I am pleased you had a good time here. Please come again soon.