“Absolutely brilliant”

Ranked #4 of 33 Milton Keynes B&B and Inns
HongKong
“Absolutely brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I'm writing this review from the B&B on my last night here. Without a doubt this is the best B&B you will find - bar none. I can confirm that the other reviews are accurate: Shaun is an excellent host, he's thought of everything, goes out of his way to make you feel welcome and at home. The rooms are spotless, the beds are comfortable and the food is simply too good! Nothing is too much trouble for Shaun and several times on my stay here in MK he picked me up from the station; he even did a laundry for me. This is really much more than a b&b and much friendlier than a hotel. Value for money 11/10.
I will be coming to Milton Keynes 4 times a year for a number of years and I've already booked up my trips for 2014!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank John G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I had to relocate from East Croydon to Milton Keynes and went on the internet to locate a suitable B&B. I decided to contact Shaun of City Central B&B located in Mitcham place -
which happened to be within walking distance of my new place of work.
Shaun told me that I could move in, there was a room available for 3 weeks. I asked him about the advance - the reply - just come over, do not worry about advance payments, invoice
day is Wednesday.
I was puzzled - no advance? No Credit card details? There is little trust in today's world where money is everything.
Coming to the point - the B&B was excellently maintained, the atmosphere genuinely warm, truly that of a home away from home with the owners, Shaun and Jill treating their guests like family.

Sampath Kumar

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sampath K
Tasmania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at A City Central B & B in July having chosen it because of previous reviews and everything they said was true. You would be hard pushed to find a better B&B in Milton Keynes - the rooms are immaculate, clean and very comfortable. Shaun has thought of everything but then that is the type of person he is. Nothing was too much trouble for him. He arranged for ice cold beers to be waiting for the three cyclists who were in my party and who arrived hot and sweaty after a 100km ride. He made a dinner reservation for us at a great hotel and even rang them to say we were going to be a bit late, due to the late arrival if the cyclists. I cannot speak highly enough of this very friendly, kind and generous host. You would be mad to stay anywhere else in Milton Keynes. Thanks, Shaun!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Brentwood, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I spent 4 nights here and could not have felt more safe and looked after. The rooms are always spotless, and Shaun honestly really seemed to care about the people staying in his home. I am a 20 year old who has never stayed at a B & B alone before so was quite anxious about my stay, however Shaun extinguished these worries from the moment he picked me up from my place of work experience. His enthusiasm for life is contagious and I definitely will never forget him or my stay here. I am in fact trying to think up more reasons to travel to Milton Keynes so that I can experience his welcoming and friendly home again.

I am a vegetarian, and every morning I had a big bowl of fresh fruit salad waiting for me at breakfast and then a huge (there were always leftovers) plate of a variety of vegetarian foods ready for me in the evening. I have been a vegetarian for 2 years now and still almost every night he gave me something which was completely new to me, and loved it all! Absolutely fantastic. He even on the last day made me a vegetarian (quorn) salad for me to eat at lunch, even though it was that morning that I left the B & B.

Shaun, thank you for an amazing stay and you definitely will not be forgotten,
Sabina xx

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sabina R
Milton keynes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have stayed with Shaun for 6 months and its been an absolute pleasure to stay here!!
Too be honest i am going to miss it,!

The attention to detail to his customers is beyond anything ive seen, he takes time to know the people, he works as hard as anyone I know and him and his wife are probably two of the nicest and considerate people I have met.

The meals are legendary, one thing about staying here is you will never be disappointed whether you have a big appetite or small, the selection of food is astonishing.

Its quite a sad time leaving here, as i consider Shaun and Jill more than just good friends, Shaun is like a father figure and im going to miss his enthuiasm and drive it really is infectious.

Any reservations in staying here should be the bottom of your thought processes, the man is a legend and the 6 months i have been here has been like a home from home!!

Jon T

Network Rail

Room Tip: Just ask Shaun what you want, he will cater for all your needs
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank jonathan t
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Hello Shane, sorry for the late review. I stayed there at the end of may with Skip. Thank you for the excellent, service & food. Also for going out of your way offering to or dropping us off at the venue. I would highly recommend anyone going to Milton Keynes to get in touch & stay there. Hopefully I will be back again next year.
Paul.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I wrote my previous review of "A City Central B & B" back in November 2012 after a 1 week stay.

That stay impressed me so much that I booked the double ensuite from December 2012 to June 2013 to cover the length of my contract working in CMK. Perhaps that might say enough on its own - but if it doesn't....

The location, right on the doorstep of CMK, is brilliant, the rooms are very clean & comfortable, the food is outstanding (and by the way, when Shaun says he does a substantial evening meal, he really means it!), there's a free wi-fi connection and the value for money is excellent.

The owner, Shaun, is a proper star - his enthusiasm for life is infectious, he never seems to stand still and frequently goes the extra mile to make sure your stay is top notch. He's also great company with a quick wit and has helpful advice by the bucketload - really useful when spending nights away from your family.

All in all, I cannot recommend this place enough, thanks Shaun.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business