“City Central B & B”

Ranked #4 of 33 Milton Keynes B&B and Inns
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
“City Central B & B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great stay , spacious clean rooms, ample breakfast with evening meal provided at additional and very reasonable rate.

Shaun is a great host who will go the extra mile to ensure your stay is a pleasant one.

I'll certainly not hesitate to re-book when I'm next in Milton Keynes.

Nice One..!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Stuart L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

My recent stay in Milton Keynes (5 days in July 2014) was some kind of "having been here before..." - and having chosen Shaun's B&B was the best choice, also as I was fortunate to be in the en suite-room - - from the moment he picked me up at coachway until he dropped me off again there, I found Shaun an extremely friendly, polite, generous, integer, good humoured and caring gentleman. The whole of his B&B is very tidy, clean, well looked after, with room and bathroom being cleaned every day, clean towels, excellent breakfast, phantastic fruit bowl, excellent evening meal if you wish and also laundry is being done, if so wished,, whatever wish his guests may have, Shaun is more than happy to fulfill. I was travelling on my own and felt safe and extremely well looked after. And what a beautiful garden, extremely well kept and lovely looked after plants, great facility to relax in the sun under a parasol. Shaun even had a spontaneous solution for a huge problem caused by National Express on the way going back to Heathrow. Thus I managed to catch my flight. Thank you Shaun

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank beba207
Montpellier, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very Very very Happy after my two weeks at Shawn's B&B, Shawn is a great person, welcoming and friendly who makes your stay the best, with clean rooms, good meal and good wives helping me during my Cisco training at Winnets! The place to be in Milton keynes!! Guilhem

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Guilhem82
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Shaun is a brilliant host and nothing is too much trouble.
I stayed for a week while completing a summer vacation scheme at a global law firm in Milton Keynes. Shaun is extremely welcoming and supportive, picking me up from the station, driving me to the office and showing me the walking route to get back. He provided me with tea after a long train journey on the day I arrived. Shaun is friendly & open and helped give me the confidence to be relaxed during the vacation scheme. My parents felt I was safe with someone they could trust.
I can't recommend Shaun and his B&B enough!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank steveredpowell
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here with friends for the grand Prix weekend. Shaun and his wife are very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Nothing was too much trouble even insisting on driving us down the shops. Fantastic food would highly recommend a stay with this very friendly B+B. Fantastic service there's never a empty drink in front of you or an empty plate. We will definitely be staying here again. Shaun you are a legend.
Mark and Dan

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic and spotless!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Everill89
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I can only confirm what the other reviewers have posted about Shaun's generously endowed and appointed bed breakfast. In some respects the term 'Bed and Breakfast' is a misnomer as its so much more. Here I get my room cleaned daily, my breakfast lunch and dinner made, my laundry done, the bathrooms cleaned, fresh towels etc etc. Okay so you expect these services at hotels. Shaun does all this with aplomb and grace, also he does those things we take for granted at home with stealth, he is that household fairy that magically unifies a home, indeed he MAKES a home from home for you with his special package. The food is hearty and certainly you will NEVER go hungry!

The bedrooms and bathrooms are spotless and clean. The communal areas such as dining room and kitchen hall are all spotless and fresh. Sail into the dining room in a morning and you will find thirteen different breakfast cereals which clearly says "this guy can't do enough for you"

Shaun will sit you down and make a list of all your dietary requirements so if you have allergies or are on a special diet for whatever reason, he will make a plan with you and stick to it. What a fabulous business model and certainly one designed to offer a bespoke service. I have never experienced anything like this before, EVER!!!

I think Shaun has created a market for himself, he isn't competing with anyone and frankly he doesn't need to. What he has here is a totally unique and original B&B that puts the customer first in everywhere. All this is enhanced by the man himself, he is outgoing, very friendly and eccentric and extrovert in the right quantities.

I love the place.

Thank you thank you thank you.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank JBrabusLimes
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I am a Malaysian who had stayed there for about a week for a seminar held around the area. The host, Shaun was just the most excellent host ever! He came all the way to pick us up as soon as we arrived, and even offered to drive us to the city and pick us up from the seminar everyday. The breakfast that he prepared was truly a must try if you ever head over to Milton Keynes.

Last but not least is the rooms, it was very comfortable and he kept it clean everyday. The best of all, he even offered to do our laundry as we stayed there for quite a few days.

So, where ever you come from, if you want to look for a place in Milton Keynes, from the bottom of my heart, try this place out!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business