“Not just for Golfers”

Kingfisher Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The club has excellent staff and great facilities. I woke the duty manager at 1am for a late checkin, and although im not sure he was actually awake, he was very professional and polite. Rooms are spacious and quite. Breakfast and dinner we also very good. Plenty of free parking and lots of fresh air.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to the slightest noise, get a room as far away from the stairs as possible. Jus...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan M

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Kingfisher. All the staff are extremely helpful and nothing was too much for them. The food was excellent and you certainly get enough of it. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and you get free Wi-Fi, unlike certain hotels where you have to pay stupid amounts of money for it. i would recommend this hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: All rooms over look the lake, but the 1st floor rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sampyantha
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as we went to the British Grand Prix. We travelled with our 5 month old son, so we needed a venue close to the circuit. The room was basic and asking for extra towels was no problem. The staff were very accommodating and extremely helpful which is rare to find these days. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Hjmogster
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Having Stayed at many 4 star Hotels through the UK, I would say the Kingfisher is one of the best I have stay at.

The welcome I received from the staff was very professional and very welcoming,
My Room was large well equip, and heating was put on prior to my arrival which was great very much attention to detail which you never get in a other Hotels.
There is a Gym on-site, one of the reasons for booking the Kingfisher, It was well equipped , would highly recommend the facilities.

The Food was superb, The Menu had plenty of choices, very well priced and the quality of the food was brilliant.

Breakfast menu was as good as my evening meal, again BRILLIANT.

I Would highly recommend the Kingfisher to anyone,Looking for friendly,professional Hotel.

Congratulations to the owners and Staff for a wonderful Stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Neil f
Reviewed 22 October 2012

After reading the reviews I was a little bit apprehensive of staying! After a long journey on a damp Autumn day I was very pleasantly surprised at the warmth of the welcome from the staff. My room did look a little 'Hi-de-Hi' from the outside, but certainly not from the inside. Large well equipped room, in excellent condition and the heating system very efficient. Back in the clubhouse I enjoyed a beautifully cooked meal of Toad in the Hole......proper sausages and proper batter....very tasty. I was in my element sitting eating dinner and watching Strictly on the bar TV!! A very comfortable night at the hotel (so peaceful there) and then a meeting in the excellent conference room the next day. Breakfast was so good I didn't have room for lunch, but my colleagues did and were extremely well fed. I can only recommend this venue for a peaceful weekend and fabulous working surroundings (we did get a lot of work done). Congratulations to the owners and the staff. And by the way.......the driveway is not full of potholes now.....all repaired!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SolwaySunSeekers
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The Kingfisher is outside of Milton Keynes, located next to a golf course. The accommodation block is getting a bit dated, however it's kept in good condition. Heating was of when I arrived in my room which was not very welcoming during the autumn months. Food is average, i've only eaten breakfast there so I couldn't comment on the evening meals. Because the accommodation block is separate from the bar and restaurant area means you have to go outside to get from one to the other. All in all the Kingfisher offers good value, straightforward accommodation, 15 minutes drive from Milton Keynes.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I booked the Kingfisher as it was a reasonable distance from Silverstone and the photo's and description looked OK. The hotel is accessed down a long muddy and potholed dirt road leading to a large tarmac car park.

The wooden clad accommodation "block" which is separate to the golf club/restaurant/bar looked like something from a holiday camp. The rooms are small and of average standard.

The staff were very friendly - couldn't fault them, but if you want a beer or sandwich they charge you there and then, rather than put it on your room. One other curious thing - they took the full amount from my credit card the day I made the booking - which I've never experienced before. I honestly believe this is because they know once a new guest has seen the place they won't stay more than one night and so they take the money for the entire stay all upfront!

If you are looking for an economy hotel then I would recommend somewhere like Premier Inn rather than the Kingfisher which has seen better days.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo