“Xmas meal”

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
england
“Xmas meal”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We had our Xmas meal here & it was £44 a head very Expensive! I personally didn't like the meal atal. The entrance was lovely with a lush fire place. One young barman had abit of attitude. The hotel itself is in the middle of no where! Loved the white lights on the celling of the marquee!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback which has been very helpful. I was very pleased to read that you found the hotel welcoming and the fireplace and marquee gave the right setting for your Christmas Party. However I was sad to read that the food offer was not to your liking, we had worked closely with the organizer to create a menu that would offer variety and choice and I will be reviewing this with the head chef to make sure that we keep improving both quality and service.

I would very much like to discuss your experience in more detail and would be grateful if you would contact me on 01908561666 at a time convenient to you,

Can I take this opportunity to send you and your family well wishes over the festive season.

Mads Nielsen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel. Rude woman who pushed in front of us before we was served but overall lovely stay. Hotel room was great with superking size bed. Bathroom was immaculate with heated tiled floor. Shower could if been a little warmer but nothing to complain about.
We had a lovely time and would go bsck again for the price we paid.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be visiting us again next time you are in Milton Keynes.

Me and my team wold like to send our well wishes to you and your family during the festive season,

Thatcham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Whilst when you approach Abbey Hill it looks like the Crossroad Hotel, inside the recent renovation has totally transformed it. Superb beds, quiet, good quality shower and facilities. Perfect for the night we stayed. Receptionist was friendly and the restaurant staff attentive.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be refurbished to a very high standard. We like to think of our rooms as the best in Milton Keynes with state of the art equipment and fantastic beds.

My team and I are all looking forward to your next visit to Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill,

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Nice Getaway, Stayed For One Night, The Room Was Very Spacious And Clean, The Bathroom Had Heated Floors, Excellent Service, Staff Were Very Friendly And Welcoming. The Food Was Excellent. I Really Enjoyed My Stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ATee676
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your encouraging comments regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests and I am confident that yours will be an encouragement to the entire team.

Can I take this opportunity to wish you and your family well during the festive season,

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed here for 1 night, they had 2 Xmas parties going on so it felt a bit uncomfortable in the bar whilst they moved every thing to make way for the guests. Our room was well equipped, modern, very clean. Nice bathroom ( shower only), coffee, ironing board and iron, smart flat screen tv. It was however freezing! I complained at reception and within 15 mins the manager arrived with a radiator, which worked well and apologised and said they would try to get the main heating fixed. We went for dinner and were shown to a large side room away from the party, the food was excellent, the staff very friendly and the wine very good although it took a while to come. I would definitely stay here again, the price for the room was very reasonable at £49.
The breakfast was also very good, nice fresh food and very good selection.

1 Thank Mikey954HighWycombe
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff friendly and attentive. I was especially pleased to that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant and found our wine list satisfactory.

We did experience some a few issues with one of our external our air-condition unit which has since been fixed please accept my sincere apology for the heating issues, however I was very happy to read that the issues was fixed swiftly.

We all look forward to you next visit to our hotel,

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Each year we spend a day Xmas shopping, followed by an overnight stay in a hotel to recover from the day's chaos!! This year we went to the Mecure Hotel in Milton Keynes as we'd been shopping for the day in MK.

The approach to the hotel was interesting as we drove through a residential estate, wondering if we were in the wrong place, but we weren't!! We checked in to be told that there were some Xmas functions and dinner would be in one of the conference rooms. That was fine. The room was very reasonable - we'd booked on line a few weeks in advance. We stayed in Room 107. Firstly there was a path right in front of our window (without any nets or blinds) and having had gardening and hotel staff, plus guests, walk by as we relaxed on our bed, it was time to close the curtains and turn on the lights (by about 1530 in the afternoon, which was a bit irritating).

We then thought we'd wander to the bar for a relaxing drink. We had been told there were functions, which was fine, and sat on a sofa watching the TV while the staff around us cleared the area for the forthcoming function. It was rather bizarre as we watched more and more furniture disappear while we continued to sit on the sofa in the middle of it all. We did offer to move but were told we weren't a problem (although clearly we were)!! We decided to take our second drink back to our room, with curtains still closed. After a while (when my nose was cold and about to grow an icicle), we realised that we had no heating in the room. We tried everything to get the heating going and I resorted to getting under the duvet to warm up. My husband gave up and went to reception to tell them the heating wasn't working. Twenty minutes later a member of staff arrived with a fan heater saying the heating wasn't working in other bedrooms and that he needed to re-set it but it might take a while before it was working effectively again. He was right, it didn't work until the morning.

Dinner was in the conference room - the food was excellent and the staff were very pleasant. However, we ordered a bottle of wine. Because of the xmas functions, the waitress came back to us to say it would be 10 minutes before our wine would arrive because she couldn't get to the bar. 20 minutes later, after our starter had arrived, we had to remind the staff to get the bottle of wine. Apart from that the meal was very good and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

The room was very clean and modern, with plenty of room. There were coffee making facilities and a bottle of water - being fussy, I did notice that only one glass was left in a double room, which was a bit odd. Breakfast was very good, although we'd been told on our booking form that it was £9.95 each and we were charged £13.95 each. After a chat with reception, they refunded the difference.

So, overall it was quite a mixed bag. Nice, modern hotel with good facilities in general, but a few mishaps, including the heating. However, we'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Get at upstairs room so you don't have all and sundry walking by and looking in at you !!!
1 Thank Heather P
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Heather,

Thank you for choosing the Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill for your yearly Christmas shopping trip to Milton Keynes.

I am sorry that you had picked the busiest weekend of the year as we had all our function rooms in use for Christmas functions. When the hotel is at it's full capacity I agree that it can sometimes be difficult to meet each individuals needs however you have made some valid points which have been acted upon immediately.

Being a new hotel we have unfortunately had some teething problems with our air-condition units which is currently being rectified please accept my sincere apology and assurance that this is being rectified.

Finally I am pleased to read that you will return to Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill and we very much look forward to welcoming you back,

I would like to take this opportunity to send well wishes to you and your family during the festive season,

burton on trent
Reviewed 3 December 2013

1 night stay on the 30 November 2013. Found the hotel to be of excellent standard. The bedroom was very good, it had a golf course view and the added benefit of a living area with sofa bed, nespresso coffee machine,large bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath.The evening meal was also done to a excellent standard.

Room Tip: Go for a Privilege room overlooking the golf course
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Dave0007,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback which I have shared with my entire team.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our Mercure Privileged rooms and enjoyed your visit to our restaurant.

Me and my team all look forward to welcome you back to our hotel,