“Average”

Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Average mercure hotel, stayed here for 4 nights whilst on a training course .the food is good however service is slow and the food is pricey .also I feel 4.20 for a pint is a little on the pricey Side.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Mads N, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

I am so glad you enjoyed the food however disappointed to hear that you felt the service was slow. The food is freshly prepared on site and our restaurant staff are trained to a high standard. I will look into why the service was slow that evening.

Beverages in a hotel are generally more expensive than in a public house and our prices are in line with all other hotels in the area.

I do hope that you will give us another chance and visit us again on your next visit to Milton Keynes,

Kind Regards
Carol Bates, Sales Manager on behalf of

There are newer reviews for Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Unfortunately we only stayed one night but from the moment you step into the lobby of this hotel you know that you have arrived somewhere special, the corridors are lined with large modern paintings and the room did not disappoint. It was large beautifully decorated with a huge comfortable bed. The bathroom had a large shower with overhead rain shower and hand held shower head all beautifully clean. The staff were friendly and attentive, one of whom tried hard to help resolve an issue I had with the wifi. Would be very pleased to stay here again when we are in the area, if they have any vacancies as I am sure a hotel of this quality is very popular.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We have spent so much time on getting the decor and comfort correct but always fantastic to obtain such positive feedback.

I must agree with you that our beds are very comfortable and we do pride ourselves of having the best beds in Milton Keynes.

I do hope to see you again in the near future.

Mads Nielson

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Fantastic hotel with excellent staff, nothing was a problem and always very helpful! We had a suite which was well worth the extra money and had our breakfast served to our room. Dinner in the hotel was of a very high standard and was reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Book a suite, well worth the extra 20 quid.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your review, what fantastic comments.

The team at the Mercure Hotel, Milton Keynes, Abbey Hill are hand picked to offer the best customer service. I am so glad you enjoyed all the extras in the suite.

I do hope to see you in the near future and thank you once again for your lovely comments.

Mads Nielson

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We attended a party at the Golf Course next door so booked overnight into this hotel. Easy to find just off the A5; easy to park and felt welcome as soon as we walked through the front door. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made booking in straightforward. Room was clean, modern and had all the facilities expected from a top hotel. Sadly, we had a long journey ahead so missed the breakfast but would definitely recommend this hotel without hesitation.
Milton Keynes is one of my 'old haunts' so can recommend it to young and old alike! Plenty to do and see in and around this green and attractive city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mads N, Director of Sales at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review regarding the hotel.

It is quite unique to find free car parking in Milton Keynes right outside the hotel door.

I must agree our staff are so friendly and hand picked for their exceptional manner.

I do hope to see you again in the very near future.

With Kind regards

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband & I stayed for one night in a superior room, & loved every single minute of our stay! The super king bed was incredible & gigantic - & we were happy that we could make more use of it with the late check out time of 12pm.

We were overjoyed to find that we had a jacuzzi bath, & even better was that the bathroom floor was heated! I've also never seen so many complementary toiletries! We loved that the room even had a sofa & included a fridge - but we wondered why there was a nespresso machine, yet no capsules were included? The only other criticism is that my bedside lamp didn't work - which wasn't a huge problem, but being a luxury hotel, I was surprised it hadn't been checked! I guess that my other suggestion would be that instead of so many toiletries, perhaps a small complementary box of chocolates would be an extra special treat, & something to enjoy in the jacuzzi bath?

The food was amazing, & I loved the novelty of having my dinner cooked on a boiling hot volcanic rock - it really was worth every penny! The staff were very friendly, & extremely helpful. The only thing that I thought was strange is that most of the other tables around us had jugs of water & ice. I asked for some tap water to go with dinner & a half filled pint glass with no ice, was given to me. I guess it just surprised me being such a luxury hotel, I at least expected some ice - although only a minor point & not a problem!

The breakfast buffet had everything that you could ever want on offer, including vegetarian sausages which I was so happy about! An amazing choice of fruit, croissants & jam on offer, as well as cereals & a full English. You can even order some extra special breakfast treats from the kitchen!

The only downside that I could find about the hotel, is that there was no lift! My health problems mean that I struggle to walk upstairs. This was sorted straight away, however, & the receptionist moved us to a downstairs room - & we were extremely happy to find that we had been moved to a room with a golf course view!

We were so sad that we couldn't stay longer, & really didn't want to leave! Hopefully we can stay again soon. This hotel may be more pricey than some, but I would stay that it is worth every penny, & it's definitely worth paying extra for the superior room & the amazing food! The best hotel that I've ever stayed at in the UK!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so very much for your review.

I must agree with you about the beds, we pride that we do have the most comfortable beds in Milton Keynes.

I am so sorry that you didn't get your pods for your coffee machine, I will bring this up with the housekeeping team.

I am so glad you enjoyed our "hot rock" it is a relatively new concept to the hotel and guests are truly loving it.

I am truly sorry that you were allocated a room on the second floor, however the next time you book then please let us know you would like a room on the ground floor and we shall accommodate. I am glad you made our reception team aware and they managed to move you to a room on the ground floor.

It is always a pleasure to read such a great review and I will share with the team at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Many thanks

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Thank You to All the staff of the hotel especially Alice / Mayai / Tracey.
Great good at Moltens restaurant and the rooms were very clean & tidy & spacious.
really enjoy our stay and change our Golf tee times when running late due to traffic

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you so very much for such a lovely review, it is always great to read such comments.

Our reception team were hand picked because of their amazing customer service and friendliness.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your dining experience in our Moltens restaurant.

I truly look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again the next time you are in the Milton Keynes area.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

As I travel with business, sometimes it is pot luck as to the hotels that I get allocated but I can say that this was a pleasant surprise! Have had a few stays here and I have now advised my company that I would like this as my preferred hotel (I was lucky enough to have a "privilage" room for one stay which even has a fridge and nice big bed and a sofa!)

Good beds - not too low - nice and firm (although a plethora of extra cushions on the bed - feel guilty stacking them on the floor) - excellent TV - lovely bathrooms - quiet air con - under floor heating in the bathrooms - room keys that do not get accidentally wiped by your mobile phone - decent lighting - room safe - everything that you need for a comfortable stay.

The restaurant is lovely - the new "Molten" experience is well worth a try and the food is relatively reasonably priced for a hotel - however I do find the bar on the expensive side.

The staff are fantastic, will always do their best to help you out and resolve anything that may happen.

Did have a few niggles on a couple of nights with a couple of things, but after speaking to the staff they were quickly resolved.

So - to summarise - a really nice hotel, different to the MK norm - let the stays here continue!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to put such a fantastic review on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for all the comments regarding our bedrooms. We have done an incredible amount of research and the higher the bed a better nights sleep one gets. The guest comfort and enjoyment is paramount.

The Moltens restaurant is a wonderful concept and yes you are right it is very reasonably priced for the standard of food and the service you receive.

Thank you once again.