“Anniversary weekend made even better by the hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Anniversary weekend made even better by the hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We recently stayed here for 4 nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary and really could not fault the hotel.

We stayed in one of the king size bedrooms overlooking the golf course. The room was spotless, the bed was huge and really comfy. Best of all was the very quiet but efficient air conditioning given it was over 30 degrees outside.

On the Saturday night we were joined by family and 14 of us had dinner in the restaurant at the hotel. Now we weren't expecting too much given that there was a wedding on at the hotel at the same time, and the restaurant was full. However the food was excellent and the service prompt and courteous. We were also really impressed by the man behind the bar making us cocktails all night. He really knew his stuff and he made the evening for us.(unfortunately I can't name him as he wasn't wearing a name badge).

The hotel is situated next to a golf course where there is also a crazy golf course for the kids which is a short walk from reception.

I would recommend the hotel to anyone

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the golf course are lovely and quiet
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mads N, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I was just delighted to read your comments and I shall certainly pass them onto all the team.

Our privilege rooms are a delight to stay in and I am pleased you enjoyed our comfy beds. Air-conditioning is a must at the hotel so I am glad you kept cool.

I will pass on your truly wonderful comments regarding our restaurant and staff.

Thank you once again for your lovely review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
basildon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just spent a night at this hotel The staff are fantastic very friendly and nothing to much trouble the room was very nicely furnished the bed is to die for so comfortable wanted to take it home we would definately stay there again

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and writing such a fantastic review.

We really do hand pick our staff at the hotel so guests can have the service and friendliness they deserve.

We believe that our beds are the most comfortable in Milton Keynes so I am delighted you wanted to take the bed home!

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had booked a fabulous VIP weekend at Silverstone Race track , and needed a nearby hotel to stay overnight last weekend

We arrived well after 4pm .
On arrival we were greeted by a receptionist who told me our special request for a room with a bath had not been noted , and please could we wait while they prepared another room .
So we sat in the reception area for 20 mins while they prepared another room .

The other room turned out to be a small room at the end of a long passage , having lugged our cases up some narrow stairs ourselves because they do not have a porter and there is no lift .

Whilst the other room admittedly had a bath , trying to reach the taps around the glass shower door without actually getting in the bath was impossible .
Additionally the complimentary products were so basic and there was no hair conditioner with the result I could not do my hair properly for a formal dinner we were invited to

Even more importantly , our room looked out onto a car park and some bins - with no net curtain to give us privacy ,so all and sundry could see right into our room from the car park ,unless the block out curtains were drawn !

All in all a most uncomfortable stay if you take into account the hard lumpy pillows and the fact that we had to lug our cases up and back down the narrow stairs on top of it all .

I really believe that they have some serious issues to sort out regarding the accommodation at this hotel . The decor is attractive , modern and clean but the basics of a good comfortable hotel and service are lacking !
I wrote to their customer services and they have not even bothered to acknowledge the email let alone reply , which I think says it all !

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you like warm intelligent staff and little luxuries like good pillows , decen...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank evieb_11
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I was disappointed to hear that your request for a bath was not communicated to our team but delighted they managed to source a room with a bath for you.

Our reception team always offer to help clients with luggage so I am a bit confused why this did not happen on this occasion as this is not the norm. I will discuss with the team to find out why.

In our privileged rooms we do offer hair conditioner but not in our standard rooms. I am sure if you stay with us again and request this at reception we will be able to accommodate.

Thank you for your comment about net curtains, we are looking into that.

I will discuss your email with all the team at the hotel and I do hope to welcome you to the hotel again soon.

roscommon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

excellent hotel, comfortable beds and rooms/bathrooms excellent.
taxi to city centre gbp 4 each way.
it would definately help if the decking area was cleaned and paid attention to.
we had to ask each day to have it cleaned.

Room Tip: rooms excellent, breakfast excellent, rooms very comfortable, staff in bar area excellent. recepti...
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank patrick090
Mads N, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

We are so glad you found our beds comfortable, we believe that we do have the most comfortable beds in Milton Keynes.

I am sorry you found that the decking area was not cleaned, this is not the norm and I shall investigate why. Rest assured you will not find this again.

I hope to welcome you to hotel again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Abbey Hill! From the moment we arrived the staff were wonderful, couldn't have done more for us and made sure we had everything we needed! Everyone is so friendly, relaxed and you feel at home straight away!
The hotel is set in fantastic surroundings, we sat out on the terrace in the sunshine on the stylish wicker sofas over looking the gardens and felt like we were abroad!
We enjoyed some fabulous spa treatments in the afternoon, followed by a a super 3 course meal in the evening, we finished our night back out on the terrace with cocktails - what more could you want from a hotel!
We (my Mum, Sister and friend) stayed for pleasure but if I had to travel for business I would highly recommend Abbey Hill - as it has all that you need to help ease the stress and strain business travel can bring!
The beds are super comfy (and I love that the mirror 'self clears' in the bathroom while you're showering - it's a girl thing!) and the WiFi works - simple! The decor is superb, eye catching yet subtle creating a relaxed and fabulous atmosphere!
This is where we'll be staying the next time we come back to Milton Keynes!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the gardens and for easy access choose a room to the right of reception for less...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joanne W
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

We really do hand pick our staff and we are so proud of them the way they make all our guests feel so welcome.

We have put a lot of thought into the hotel with our decor, bedrooms and our outside area. Guests feel relaxed and, yes indeed, when looking out on the golf course and the sun is shining you could be anywhere in the world.

For either business or pleasure Mercure Abbey Hill Milton Keynes is such a magical place to eat and relax.

We believe we have the most comfortable beds in Milton Keynes so I am glad you found them Super comfy!

It really does sound like you had the most wonderful stay at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the Milton Keynes area again.

Many thanks, once again.

Guests Relations Manager
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We recently had our Wedding at the Mercure Abbey Hill Hotel and it couldn't have been more magical.

We booked our last minute wedding a few months back and the events co-ordinator Beth put up with me and my changing mind from the first time we met. She was efficient and always well prepared, I'm very disappointed for her that she didn't get to see all her hard work on the big day, but I'll send photos soon!

The actual day went without a hitch, even down to Lee phoning one of my suppliers for me to ensure they corrected a mistake - sending me off to get ready stress free!

The food was fantastic, when me and my partner did our walk around during dinner all of the plates were empty - they even cooked some sausages later in the day for my son who decided to sleep through dinner. We were entertained, very uniquely, by Felix the barman all night who had us in hysterics!

The ceremony room looked beautiful and our hotel room was also decorated for us too! All the guests told us how well they slept.

All in all I could not be happier - thank you all so much for making me feel extra special and making sure we all had a wedding to remember!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah M
Mads N, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest

It was such a pleasure to read your fantastic review on tripadvisor.

I am just delighted that your wedding was magical.

We really do hand pick our team here at the hotel and I am so pleased you were looked after by all. I will pass on your comments and praise to all the staff.

I would like to wish you all the best and happiness for the future.

Guests Relations Manager
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked two rooms , one twin, one double . Without breakfast the two rooms were less than £100, tremendous value. The beds were really comfy, they must have had feather toppers or similar , pillows were good too. The bedroom was tastefully decorated and finished , I was not expecting the quality to be as high as it was ,for the room rate we paid .The bathroom , although small was beautifully done . The shower was amazing ! All the bathroom fittings were of a high standard and the toilet had a soft close seat .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rachel1096411
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

I am delighted that you found our newly refurbished bedrooms comfortable and tastefully decorated. We believe we have the most comfortable beds in Milton Keynes.

I do hope to welcome you again to the hotel in the future.