“We loved and we are booking our next visit for next month.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
London, United Kingdom
“We loved and we are booking our next visit for next month.”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Superb Hotel exceptional value. A major bargain, fab cookie as you book in, very comfy bed wonderful bathroom with a great supply of towels and toiletries. Wonderful relaxing bar on the second floor. Amazing breakfast. :))

Room Tip: WE love the view of the football pitch
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
HotelMiltonKeynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
Hi

Wow great review, short and sweet and right to the point!! Great to hear such a postive review and that all area sof your stay met your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming your back next month for another enjoyable stay, we will have the cookies ready for you!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Absolutely fantastic stay! I booked to go with my mum and 8 year old son as we had a day out planned at woburn safari. We had a junior suite with a pitch view and the room was excellant. Very clean and comfortable. The staff were all brilliant and the we loved the novelty factor of it being built into the MKDons stadium. Hot cookies on arrival were amazing and breakfast was very good. All in all a fantastic stay with excellant top quality room and helpful staff and yummy food. Will definately be booking again!

Room Tip: pitch view room was fantastic!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I chose the Doubletree because it was rated #1 on TripAdvisor. I am starting to realise that there probably needs to be at least 300 or so TA reviews before you can start to feel that ratings are valid and accurate. The Doubletree was a real disappointment.

The novelty of it being part of the MK Stadium just starts to wear off, when fire warning lights come on (and stay on) in the middle of the night, when pipes rattle, when staff continue to knock on your door when you have the Do Not Disturb sign on, and when the staff smoke their cigarettes directly below your bedroom window. The rooms are dirty and feel grubby. And the "leather" chairs have the smell of deeply embedded smoke about them.

The staff are all very nice, but the hotel is a bit of a disaster. Clearly it is set-up for the conference crowd, but I would have thought a good night's sleep would be the minimum requirement for any hotel. Don't expect it here.

Most of the staff in the restaurant are also nice, but the food is horrific. Not sure where to go from here.

That said, I wouldn't be sure you would find anything better in Milton Keynes. Clearly there is a gap for service and room quality that someone should try to fill.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
HotelMiltonKeynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Hi

Thanks for your review although not the best review we have received and I am sorry that we have left you down. The hotel has been ranked number one for two years now and I am confident that our service and facilities justify that position. With regards to the fire alarm this was an isolated incident which was caused by equipment failure which is something we were not directly in control of but we did everything possible to quickly resolve the problem.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Hotel forms part of the MK Dons football ground, looks relatively new and we were greeted by a friendly receptionist that booked us in efficiently.
We decided to eat in the restaurant, which looks out over the football pitch, the staff were again very friendly, although I wouldn't say the food is more than OK. Not the most impressive menu didn't quite get the cook your own on a hot volcanic stone choices, but then each to their own. As I say service was good but food nothing to write home about.
Room was a good size and very comfortable with a good bathroom.
Breakfast was good, seemed to use good quality ingredients, and we enjoyed it. However, one couple were not happy as they had run out of marmalade and then they ran out of butter. Considering a 24 hour supermarket is 2 minutes walk away could have been easily solved. There didn't seem to be anyone really in charge, but I enjoyed breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
HotelMiltonKeynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Hi

A great review however we seem to have not quite met your expectation with our food offering? We have many positive comments about our food especially in our Pitchside restaurant. The steak stone concept is really popular which is all about a "fun" concept and bringing something different to the table. Clearly not everyone’s choice but most guests who have dined with us on the steak stones have really enjoyed the concept. I do agree with your comments on breakfast, we should have quickly resolved the lack of marmalade and butter portions although we did have many other preserves and flora available.

Maidenhead - UK
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Positioned next to (and overlooking) the stadium the hotel is clearly targeting people coming for the games however the hotel also rents the rooms for business courses which is why I was there. For an above average chain, this definatly let the side down. Hallways and rooms were dirty, some of the public loos were broken, lights not working and food switched from inedible one day to great the next.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Hi

I am sorry if we let you down during your stay with us as I was most concerned to hear your comments especially about the cleanliness of the hotel. In the 2 years we have been opened this is the first comment about cleanliness I have received and would be really interested to hear why you felt our cleanliness did not meet with your expectations. I do think your headline is not a true reflection of the hotel but I respect it’s your own personal opinion.

London
Reviewed 29 July 2011

If you can book ahead and get the Doubletree for the £45.00 inc breakfast rate you certainly couldnt do any better! Just ensure the dont have anything major going on there as they service doesnt stand up well when the hotel is full!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Hi

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel and I am pleased that you thought our breakfast was "amazing"!!

I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Nielsen
Leicester - UK
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stopped off in Milton Keynes partly to see somewhere which previously only visited on business but in part to experience a hotel style which had intrigued me for some time.

MK has a reputation for being "concrete and roundabout central" and in many ways thats truebut it is also innovative and offers some interesting features. The massive shopping centre, indoor snow-dome, the National Bowl and now the new MK Dons football stadium. Such venues are used maybe only 25 days a year so what better than to find complimentary use for a big building.

DoubleTree I have used before in the US and never been disappointed. A good roon standard, attention to detail, great breakfasts and value for money put them on my list when looking for accommodation. So trying the DoubleTree at the Dons Stadium was an easy choice.

As I expected the rooms were of a very high standard. I'd been upgraded (because I'm inthe Hilton Honors programme and I asked !) to a Pitch-View room. That was the novelty part and watching the pitch being prepared for a game the following evening was interesting. Everything I expected was there - great bed, comfortable duvet and pillows, fantastic bathroom with super shower. Fre parking and free wi-fi is also a good touch especially for the business traveller.

Its located a littleoff the centre so you need a car to visit the shopping/restaurant/theatre district but after 6pm the parking seems to be free and plentiful.

The hotel has a good pitchside bar and restaurant, room service and a supermarket a short walk away if you want to stock up on shacks for in-room munchies.

Breakfast was OK. I think a little pricey and the selection (perhaps because the hotel was not full so they would limit the volume they provide) may appear a little thin by American standards. But what I had was good and if thats the worst I can find to critisise then its hardly bad.

Just check the dates of fixtures - the room rates and availability willbe affected and you may also find the busy match day not to your liking.

Room Tip: Pitch-view rooms are a novelty but not everyone's preferred view.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Hi

What a superb and detailed account of your stay which I believe will really help other Trip Advisor users make a decision when it comes to accommodation. I will definitely share your review with my team. I do particularly like your review of Milton Keynes as MK it is often miss understood, as you have suggested in your review.