“Generally great experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Generally great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here for an event being held at Silverstone (within 30 minutes drive). Really can't fault it, the room was large, clean and quite unusual, looking out onto the MK Dons pitch. What really made it was the awesome breakfast and the assistant who was organising it. Staff could not be helpful enough and the food was great.

The rooms were large and very clean, the free cookie was a bonus.

Small negatives were that one of the eating spaces was closed on the evening, and it was a little difficult to find.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pitch, a little bit different!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelMiltonKeynes, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear thelight2,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milton Keynes. I will pass on your kind words to our staff with a special mention to the breakfast team.

Jacqui Cullen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here for one night and had outstanding service right throughout the hotel. The staff in all areas were helpful, polite and caring. Had a wonderful experience from booking in to checking out. Rooms were excellent, bathrooms beautiful and clean with lovely toiletries. Our only complaint was the uncomfortable bed and pillows. Would definitely stay here again, but maybe next time would ask for better pillows. Superb hotel and staff. Keep up the good work.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear marianm2001,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milton Keynes and for taking the time to review us – we appreciate it.

I’m delighted to read that your stay was a good one, please do mention pillows when you book with us again, that way we can organise a set that suites you better.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

the meeting room overlooked the pitch of MK Dons which is good.
my room was very nice, spacious, clean and functional.....really liked it. However, the floor outside the bathroom was really slippery and caused me to have a fall.....I mentioned this to the reception and the general manager asked to view the room and he also nearly slipped as he went into the room....they speedily rectified the problem by getting housekeeping up to scrub the floor surface.....I was impressed with how they dealt with this, however, I would have expected to have at least been phoned afterwards to ensure that I was ok after I checked out as they had all my details....havent heard a thing from the management and I find this lacking in customer care....;obviously they were just ticking boxes. Apart from that I really liked the hotel, we had a group evening meal booked which was very good

Dear Anniesreviews,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milton Keynes we were pleased to note that overall your stay was a good one but naturally disappointed that following on from your slip we didn’t prove that we cared the following day. Please be assured that the incident was reported and investigations did take place, we could and should have reassured you by telling you this. I’m delighted to hear that we were able to rectify the situation there and then but please accept our sincere apologies that it happened in the first place. I know that our Operations Manager Mark Watson has tried to get in touch with you, if you would like to talk to him please do give him a call - 0845 45 45 045.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel as expected is modern as is built into the MK stadium. I had a room which looked over the pitch and was very large. Big bed and desk to work on and also the bathroom was large.

The main problem was the Wifi as I had no connectivity in the room. Looked like an access point has broken at the end of the corridor.

Breakfast was good and a decent selection as expected from the hilton.

Would be my hotel to stay in if I was in MK again

Dear Mark J,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milton Keynes I’m delighted to read that you would choose to stay with us again.

Please accept our apologies that you couldn’t get connected Wi-Fi in your room, I’m hoping you reported this to Air Angel (they are the company that deliver the service with a 24 hour support line. If you did and they didn’t get back to you could you let me know – 01908 364184).

Really pleased you enjoyed your DoubleTree breakfast.

Buckinghamshire, england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here just 1 night for a romantic weekend and could not fault a thing. The staff on reception were very nice and were constantly asking if we needed anything. The slippers and robes were missing from our room and because of the inconvenience we were given 2 bottles of wine. It's the small things they did that really make a difference. Food in the restaurant Saturday night was lovely very fast friendly service and again staff were very attentive. Breakfast was a little disappointing buffet was cold, could have done with refreshing the egg and it was the cook who actually came out to clear out plates and ask if we were ok as staff were standing around chatting at the desk and huffing when they had to do something. Apart from the new girl who was running round re setting tables. She was the only one who smiled that morning yet she had served us at dinner the night before! Hilton staff if you are reading this she needs star points!!!!
All in all a fabulous stay. We re booked as soon as we got home !! Very happy

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelMiltonKeynes, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear becks12386,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milton Keynes and for taking the time to write this review, your feedback is really important to us.

I will try and work out who the newbie was (based on the information given) and make sure she gets to read this feedback, thank you for pointing her out and in return we will make sure we thank her.

It’s great that you have already re-booked, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Exeter
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I was so excited to be staying here - even though it was a business trip.

Check in was fine although very busy with a conference or a meeting( I think ) going on. The room overlooked the carpark. so - one of the desk top lamps would not work, there was rubbish in the bathroom bin and then when I went to bed there were long hairs on the pillow - yuk !

The bed itself was comfortable and the room peaceful but I was quietly disappointed with the above things. Ok - not the end of the world but it meant I didnt sleep very well.

The food in the hotel was also sadly a let down. I found the food dry, overcooked and staff not too interested in me when I asked ( not complained - just asked ) if one of my meals could be changed. I was told to wait until they had finished with a large group being served.

Overall it was an ok place, but not the higher standard I had imagined this hotel would be.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Edition10,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milton Keynes and for taking the time to provide us and other travelers with feedback.

I completely understand your frustration regarding the your room, this isn’t what we are used to hearing as our head housekeeper runs a very tight ship here in Milton Keynes and I know she will be just as disappointed to read that something obviously slipped through the net on that particular day. I hope you were able to report the matter to a member of the team at the time.
Also please accept our sincere apologies regarding your meal, again I hope we resolved the matter eventually to your satisfaction on the day.

Thank you once again for your feedback it is hugely important to us.

Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was booked into this hotel as I was on a training course not far from the hotel.

Upon arrival at check in I received a lovely warm cookie which went down very well with a coffee that I made in the room, which was a large spacious room overlooking the football pitch, with a lovely cosy bed and decent pillows.
The food was good but did have to wait ages for the main course to arrive, this was not a problem as I had all night to sit and enjoy it.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear GailNottingham,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milton Keynes, we are delighted to read that you would choose to stay with again.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.