Lowest prices for your stay
£134
Doubletree
£134
Algotels
£121
2,852 results
All reviews football stadium mk dons cookies double tree match days pitchside restaurant pitch view warm cookie on arrival long walk terrace bar red dot football match retail park football ground lovely hotel good size car park
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2021

I had to stay here for 5 nights for work purposes - the stay was split into two stays (different clients) so got to stay in two different rooms - the standard room and a king size room. Check in on both occasions was relatively painless although it was quite disturbing to have the same person check me out and then check me in a couple of hours apart and not be able to remember dealing with me earlier. Not an issue but comes across as being very robotic.

I had requested my room be cleaned every day (a very clever ploy on Hilton's part as they don't offer a reduced rate for the reduced level of service) yet on a couple of occasions, the bins hadn't been emptied or glasses swapped out for new ones. Normally, I wouldn't be previous about it but given they make a big song and dance about being covid safe, it makes you question what else are they missing when cleaning rooms in between guests?

Drainage of sinks was an issue in both rooms, the water temperature wasn't great, the bath plug in one room was completely missing and the bath plug in the other room wasn't fit for purpose as it wouldn't hold any level of water in the bath.

Location wise, it's very handy and there is plenty of free parking although I wouldn't recommend staying there on a game night - I was there when MK Dons hosted Spurs and the entire area was gridlocked. Having loads of chanting fans outside your window at 11pm waiting to see the players as they get on the bus isn't ideal with an early start. Especially when you're on the 4th floor.

The layout of the lifts / rooms mean that you have a 'Las Vegas Hotel' type of distance to get to your rooms - this could be an issue with luggage / non-compliant kids etc.

The main reason for my poor review is the fact the hotel have got lots of signs up asking guests to wear masks etc. I've absolutely no issues with this although there was a significant majority of guests who chose to ignore this. I've had both my jabs and I wear a mask out of courtesy for others but what really really gripped me was having my breakfast being served at the 'self-service' by hotel workers not wearing a mask. I really don't want my food being breathed on by someone not wearing a mask hence I stopped using the restaurant for breakfast. Is it really too much to ask that employees who are serving people's food behind the hot counter wear a mask? Or the others who do wear a mask are rebriefed on it being pointless if they have it around their chin?

I ate out in the evening times.

Room tip: Request a room near the lift or you will potentially have a very very long walk.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jessica Bennett, Guest Services / Front Office at Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2021

Dear ACD80

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milton Keynes.

We are very sorry to learn of your disappointment with your recent stay. I can only offer you my apologies for the issues you experienced throughout the hotel. The satisfaction of our guests is very important to us and we regret that expectations were not met on this occasion.
Please be assured your comments will be taken on board and I will pass your feedback to our Management Team who can review internally.
I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future so we may get a chance to make it right for you.

Reviewed 31 July 2021 via mobile

We booked the Double Tree as we were visiting Bletchley Park. The hotel itself was lovely, clean, and the staff were very friendly. Check in was easy and our room was a decent size. We were given a room on the fourth floor which was the floor with the view to the MK Dons stadium (more for my partner than me!). Be warned, parking on match days isn’t great if you’re in and out of the town. It’s also noisy on match days, so bare this in mind when booking if this is something you don’t like! The one downside for us was the breakfast offering. The options were ok but the hot breakfasts were cold instantly and the coffee wasn’t great! Aside from that we did have a good stay and would return.

Room tip: Avoid match days if you don’t like noise, large crowds and the hassle of parking!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Kimw_6280307

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton and for taking the time to offer your feedback. We appreciate your comments about match days and also the breakfast and we will pass on these details to the appropriate heads of department. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to see you again on a future visit to Milton Keynes

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2021

Great staff with great rooms.everything you need for a stay. With an onsite restaurant and bar, you don’t have a need to leave the hotel. But if you do there are lots of local restaurants and places to go.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jessica Bennett, Guest Services / Front Office at Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2021

Dear TW197598

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton and for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to see you again on a future visit to Milton Keynes

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

I stayed here on the night England played in the euro championships and watched the game in the players bar that they opened up for us. The bar staff were very good in there, and should be congratulated for there customer service. One minor issue though, I was slightly disappointed that allowances weren’t made to bring food into there, as I was extremely hungry and can’t say I was thrilled at ordering a chicken kebab from a local takeaway later on after the game.

That said, it was the only minor issue in my one night stay. Me and my friend who booked a twin room were upgraded to a really nice room next to the boardroom, and neither of us had any complaints with regards to the room.

The Breakfast was plentiful and staff were attentive.

I’m pretty sure I will definitely be staying at this hotel again. I was quite impressed.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Richard K
Jessica Bennett, Guest Services / Front Office at Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Dear Richard K

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, I will make sure to pass on your comments to our team.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

May I offer some observations …..
Your hotel is extremely poorly lit in the communal areas and bedrooms I would call it grim. I would have liked to have an area to drink coffee and read!

At reception it takes too long to checkin and the reception area too high for anyone in a wheelchair.

In the lift is says Marco Pierre White restaurant is on the 3rd floor, it’s Not!

Your automatic doors are NOT automatic and difficult to negotiate for someone in a self-propelling wheelchair.

We booked for breakfast but the restaurant staff do not feel it’s their job to help someone in a wheelchair (me), ok I had a companion but I expected some offer of assistance.

Your scrambled egg was easily contaminated by the breath of members of the public, when this was pointed out, the reply was “well do you want it or not”.
The coffee was awful and the croissants did not taste fresh.

Too many hand dispensers, except at reception, are empty.

Never heard of a hotel where you have to ask for housekeeping in your room…. Who and how would have been useful to know.

Guest room 4029 24th & 25th July 2021. , …….

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Cresswellforrester

We are very sorry to learn of your disappointment with your recent stay. I can only offer you my apologies for the issues you experienced with accessibility throughout the hotel. The satisfaction of our guests is very important to us and we regret that expectations were not met on this occasion.