All reviews great location restaurants and bars apartment mk hub
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Maybe we were just unlucky but I certainly wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone. It’s a long story but as briefly as possible:
We arrived on a Friday afternoon ( after a 4hr drive) at the key collection office & the receptionist told us we didn’t have a reservation as we weren't on her list. I showed her our printed email confirmation so she rang the office who also said we had no reservation. I think the receptionist just expected us to leave. Luckily I remembered a name from one of the seven emails I’d had & asked for that person. The receptionist then rang that person who then appeared with our keys & directions. She didn’t apologise. When we arrived at the parking garage, a resident helped us to open the interior door as the instructions were wrong. When we got to the apartment, it was not the apartment we'd booked but a very inferior version. It hadn’t been cleaned properly. Strong smell of smoke. Wrong bed configuration for our family. Too many issues to list. We rang the office just before closing but no-one answered. There was an emergency number but it came with the threat of a £180 fine if the company didn’t agree it was an emergency - the examples given were a power cut & lost keys so we didn’t dare ring that number. We considered finding a hotel but didn’t have time as we had appointments & theatre tickets for that evening.
The next morning we decided to just put up with it as we would be out all that day & were leaving early Sunday morning.
When we returned I emailed the company to complain. In response I got a generic apology from the company & a response from the property manager which was so full of half truths & evasions, it made me really mad. At no point has the company admitted that we were given the wrong apartment because they had messed up the booking. They said they couldn’t offer a refund because I hadn’t complained within 24hrs but did offer 10pc discount on a future booking ( within 4 months) - as if.
I contacted them again & pointed out that I never asked for a refund or compensation. I didn’t want/need either. All I wanted was an acknowledgement of fault & a genuine apology. I got neither. Just another generic apology - which means nothing.
No-one is perfect, mistakes happen. It’s how you deal with them that matters & this company handled my complaint very badly.

Room tip: Don’t bother - there’s no guarantee you’ll get the room you booked
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ShortstayMK, Guest Relations Manager at ShortStayMK, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Hello Maria

I am really sorry to read you experienced a few problems during your 2 night stay with us, as this is not the standard the ShortstayMK team strive to achieve.

Looking into the problem on arrival, the booking came via an overseas agent and was in the name of Maria. The person who came to collect and signed for the keys was Elizabeth, this may well have been where the confusion lie, as we will only hand over the keys to the person who is named on the booking for security reasons.

Chloe brought the keys out to you, and she is always an extremely polite and helpful member of the team, so we are sorry to read you felt an apology was due and not received.

The parking permit and fob we gave you was for Chelsea House where you stayed, which is a coded by a red area. The underground car park bays and the colour on the keyring were also red and this is the area for the interior door to the lifts which provides access to the apartments. We have looked at our instructions and we have the swipe box down as black by the apartment lift entry door and it may now be grey, so this is something we will amend on our instructions.

It is a shame you did not call our emergency number as we would have been more than happy to come out to assist and transfer you to another apartment. All of our apartments are strictly non-smoking as per the signs in the apartment, so there should not have been a smell of smoke in your accommodation, which I agree is very unpleasant.

Regarding the wrong bed configuration, we have a selection of 2 bed apartments in The Hub some have double / double as per the image on the agents site who you booked with, and others have double / twin. We are sorry you received a double / double when wanting a double / twin, this was our error.

Thank you for taking the time to review and please be assured that we have taken internal action from all your comments.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Great value for money. Clean, simple and as advertised. Usually there’s a disappointment or two with such rentals, but this stay couldn’t have gone better. Great location and brilliant customer service.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ShortstayMK, Guest Relations Manager at ShortStayMK, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Hello

Thank you so much for your wonderful review we are very pleased to read that you had a satisfactory stay. We couldn't agree more, the location is perfect and close to all amenities and everything the city has to offer.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again when you next stay in Milton Keynes.

Kind regards
ShortstayMK

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I stayed here a week while I was house hunting (moving to Milton Keynes).

The flat was finished was lovely, finished to a high standard and in a great location, close to shops, restaurants etc. The parking (free but you need to email in advance to book) was secure and safe too which was great.

The only things you need to be carful about is located your correct car park as you arrive, as their are several in the same Place, but under different managements. Just read you arrival instructions very well, concentrate and it’s fine though.

A couple of the appliances were similar but slightly different to those listed in the instruction manuals too, so it was a little more complicated to work out. But they worked perfectly well.

Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap, hand cream(!), washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets all provided and much appreciated.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ShortstayMK, Client Services Administrator at ShortStayMK, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Katherine,

We really appreciate you took the time to make a review on our TripAdvisor page and we are really glad to read your positive comments.

We hope you have settled into your new home and take pleasure of all the facilities of the city.

Kind regards,
ShortstayMK TEAM

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Spacious apartment in great location with lovely views over the town. Very clean and comfortable and very easy to collect keys as it can be tricky to know when you will be able to pick them up but they offer 24 hour collection service

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ShortstayMK, Guest Relations Manager at ShortStayMK, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Hi Tracy

Thank you for the 5 star review and we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with ShortstayMK and were very happy with the facilities. Great to read you had no problem with key collection. We hope you choose us when you next stay in Milton Keynes.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

For two years we have rented a six bedroom house about 10 minutes from MK. The staff is very responsive to any issues that might arise. The plumbing system had an issue (leak from the second floor bathroom) but it was quickly resolved. A shout out to Simon who resolved things quickly.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Shortstay M, Front Office Manager at ShortStayMK, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Hello Robert

We were so pleased you choose to stay at our 6 bedroom / 5 bathroom Northleigh House in Furzton for a second year. We hope your seminars and training sessions went well.

You and Ian are always a pleasure to deal with and I will pass your comments onto our maintenance team about their quick response to an issue.

We look forward to welcoming you in 2019.

Kind regards