“Excellent food and service”
Review of Ganges Lounge

Ganges Lounge
Ranked #29 of 537 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Again another fantastic meal and superb service. We asked for an item not on the menu. It was made just the way we like it and the service was brilliant. The food is very good considering the competition nearby, this place must be tried if you live in Milton Keynes or are in the area.

Visited March 2013

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“What a find-this is a treasure!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We saw this place by chance some months ago and gave it a try on a Sunday. We hadn't booked and we were lucky as it was very busy. The buffet lunch was freshly cooked, with a small but lip-smacking choice. The service is slick and friendly. It is quite a small place but nicely furnished and cosy. We enjoyed our meal very much and considered it good value. A few weeks later we took our grandchildren for the Wednesday buffet. Even better than the Sunday lunch. Great table service and superb menu. I suppose this is becoming a regular venue for our curry night, and we consider it to be in the top 3 curry restaurants in the MK area. The menu offers a good choice, and maybe I would say that if you like your curry very hot, then you might be disappointed. The cooking is excellent and consistently reliable. The staff are all keen to please well trained, and polite. The boss is a Christopher Lee lookalike and a delightful chap. For obvious reasons we are now regular if not frequent customers.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Hunter B H
“Good Value Tasty Food”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Four of us ate here on Sunday evening. When we arrived the staff were very friendly. There were several people waiting for take-away at the front of the restaurant. We were shown through to the main part of the restaurant which was busy and had a good atmosphere; buzzy but not too noisy. Everything looked clean and well kept.

We all chose the buffet which at £8.95 each was great value. There were about 12 different items on the buffet as well as fresh salad. Everything tasted fresh and the dishes were constantly being replaced as they ran out. There were several different types of curry which were all delicious. The only negative was the colour of the Chicken Tikka Masala, which was a deep red/orange colour. I do not think that there was any need to use that much colouring, but it did taste good
The waiting staff were attentive but not overbearing and were all very pleasant.
Two of us had soft drinks and two have alcohol and with the total bill coming to just over £42.00 it was extremely good value. We all felt that we would defiantly eat here again.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank KLA31
england
“Worth a go”
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

A friend picked this restaurant as it s where she gets her takeaways from every week. The outside of the restaurant looks quite smart and has recently had a face life it looks quite modern however when you get inside its very traditional and almost old fashioned. There isn't a lot of space and although we had a table booked for 6, within a hour big groups of ladies had entered the restaurant and as it s quite small and they were loud it did become hard to talk. I feel the inside could do with a facelift. However the menu is a good size with loads of options and very reasonably priced. The starters came with a great choice of sauces and dips ( more than any other Indian I have ever been to). I had the butterfly prawn which was nice and on par with others I have had before. A friend picked Onion Bhajie and they were Hugh and looked good! the menu didn't state Butter Chicken however I asked and they cooked it for me and I have to say it was probably one of the best I have ever had. The naan I chose was garlic and cheese but they put the cheese inside and it wasn't up to the standard of my normal Indian. The special rice was really nice and the portions were Really big meaning I bought a load home for my hubbie who had made do with cheese on toast as he'd been home alone.
The service was really good the staff were attentive but not intrusive and they all looked very smart in their black shirts.
So all in all if you want average surrounding s with good food at a reAsonable price this is the place for you.

1 Thank Rachelmcvey
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 27 June 2012 via mobile

Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Great reataurant.

1 Thank MKcharles