“Elaine Delightful farmhouse”

Ranked #3 of 33 Milton Keynes B&B and Inns
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“Elaine Delightful farmhouse”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

A truly lovely place to stay. The décor throughout is tasteful and restful and the finishing touches just add to the lovely ambience. Gill was very welcoming and recommended places to eat in the evening. The breakfast was possibly the best we have had in a hotel, with as much as we could eat and drink, even the bacon was nice and crispy. I would highly recommend staying here if you want to leave feeling relaxed.

Room Tip: Room 4 is a lovely large kingsize on the groundfloor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

woodleysfarmhouse, Owner at Woodleys Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
It is lovely to hear you had an enjoyable stay, and thank you kindly for taking the time to add your review.

Many thanks

Woodleys Farmhouse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Knutsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Good directions received to ensure we arrived easily. Lovely quiet location, and the welcome was very warm.
The food was excellent, and the accommodation of a high standard, and very comfortable and clean.
Can highly recommend Woodleys.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed one night on business trip. The owner, Gill, is a great host. Room was spacious and, although I didn't use it this time, there was a fridge too. Lovely freshly cooked breakfast with lots of choice. I will return.

Room Tip: Book early, especially if you want Tuesday or Wednesday nights!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I booked a night here at the last minute as I needed somewhere to grab a bit of r&r. I cannot praise this place highly enough. From the warmest of welcomes from Gill to the little touches like the scented candle in the bathroom I was immediately calmed after a stressful few weeks.

The room I was in (room 4) was beautifully finished, clean, warm and peaceful. I always say I will never stay anywhere that isn't at least as nice as my own home and all I kept thinking all evening was " I wish this WAS my home"

Having a breakfast cooked for me for a change was very welcome indeed and what a fantastic cook Gill is, nothing is too much trouble for her. After what was a most enjoyable night I left the next morning feeling like I had known Gill all my life - a wonderful hostess

I would not hesitate in recommending this lovely little gem of tranquility to anyone - in fact I have already decided to put some of my field team here next time they are in MK :-)

Room Tip: Room 4 is lovely - stay in that one!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ali w
woodleysfarmhouse, Owner at Woodleys Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Bless you!. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It was lovely to meet and chat to you. I am really pleased that you managed to just chill out for the evening, and hope you had a good day of retail therapy :) I will look forward to welcoming your colleagues when they are in Milton Keynes, and maybe will see you again on another chill out day.

Kind regards

ashdown forest
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Like an earlier reviewer, nearly missed the track but it turns out the sign has gone over in the recent gales. The track is shared with the Old Stables and they have a sign which is still standing. Very comfortable. We were in room 1 which is newly decorated. Nice size room; good wi fi. Great breakfast. The owner Gill was particularly helpful. Convenient for the Stables -music venue. Wholly recommended.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at Woodleys this last weekend for one night to celebrate his birthday. We don't even live far away but thought it looked so nice from the website that it'd be a good place to go and relax without the stress of a long drive. We weren't disappointed!

The room looked lovely on the website but is even nicer in real life - so pretty and full of character. It had everything we needed and more - good quality toiletries in the bathroom, mini-fridge, hairdryer, drinks and biscuits and even an iron and ironing board. The bed was huge and really comfy too.

A very nice lady greeted us and showed us to our room and then Gill came to welcome us a few minutes later and took us to see the breakfast room. She was extremely friendly and made us feel thoroughly at home.

In the morning, breakfast was generous and delicious and Gill arranged a selection of soya yoghurts and milk for me (I am allergic to dairy products) which was much appreciated.

My fiancé really enjoyed his birthday stay and we are both certain we'll be going back as soon as possible, as Woodleys is a great place to relax and unwind.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emma D
Leeds
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed over at Woodleys for one night prior to a meeting in Milton Keynes- booking was very simple through Expedia- and Gill was very prompt and thorough in confirming the arrangements.

I missed the turnoff to the farmhouse the first time, but it would probably be easier in the daylight- be aware that the track is not tarmacced, and very potholed- though passable with care.

Gill had kindly upgraded me to a double room from the single- the room was spacious and well decorated, with all the tea and coffee that even I could get through in one evening- the jar of shortbread being an extra lovely touch. The bathroom was almost as big as the room- and Gill had thoughtfully left some bath and shower products in there too.

Even though the temperature outside was below zero the room was toasty and warm all night, and the bed was comfortable with good linens.

Gill was able to recommend a few restaurants in the village- including one where she had negotiated a welcome discount for her guests.

Breakfast ticked all the boxes- cereals, juice, coffee and full english- all good quality and cooked to order in a charming dining room- I was particularly impressed with the way Gill dealt with another guest who was gluten intolerant- providing a sizeable array of products suitable for him with no notice!

Now I know how handy the area is for Bletchley Park I'm already hoping to revisit for a holiday- and I know exactly where I'd like to stay

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank abomination
Thank you very much. I am so grateful for all my reviews. I will look forward to seeing you again, if you decide to visit Bletchley Park.

Best wishes

Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
#4 of 34 in Milton Keynes
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,194 reviews

Been to Woodleys Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!