“Woodleys Farmhouse”

Ranked #3 of 32 Milton Keynes B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Woodleys Farmhouse”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was delighted to find this lovely b & b. The room was spacious and pretty, overlooking the garden, the bed was extremely comfortable and the welcome and the breakfast excellent. After staying in expensive, impersonal Milton Keynes hotels, this was such a contrast. A lovely farmhouse right out in the country but only a few minutes away from the town. I shall return with my husband for a short break.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

woodleysfarmhouse, Owner at Woodleys Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you, I'm really pleased you found us too, and will look forward to your return visit. Just sorry I didn't get to you in time to return your jacket until after you had left the area.

See you soon

Woodleys Farmhouse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Ludwigsburg, Germany
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have been at Woodley's Farmhouse for one week. We enjoyed to stay in a warm and friendly athmosphere outside the busy town. We enjoyed the breakfast in Gill's beautiful dining room. We enjoyed the landscape around, which invited us for walks with the dog. Gill has clearly put a lot of time and thought into everything about the place. It's a really lovely relaxing place to stay. The room and bathroom were lovely and clean and the bed was very comfortly. Breakfast was delicious and the setting is beautiful. We wish to come again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was lovely having you stay with us for the week, and Luca really enjoyed playing with Baloo. Pleased to know you had a relaxing, comfortable stay, enjoying the rooms and breakfast - Porridge for you!!
I hope your daughter enjoys the rest of her training at Mercedes, I am sure she will do well.
Did the good weather follow you back to Germany? I hope so.
I know we will stay in touch, and will look forward to welcoming you back to Woodleys in the future :-)

Halesworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had a beautifully appointed bedroom and bathroom (Room 1) for our one night stay. The owner, Gill, gave us a warm welcome and an excellent recommendation for dinner that night (including very kindly printing off a voucher that she had seen which would enable us to get a 25% reduction at the restaurant). The attention to detail at Woodleys is something that other B&B's could usefully look at - Gill has clearly put a lot of time and thought into everything about the place. Breakfast was delicious, too. Really lovely, relaxing place to stay. (In relation to another review, Gill's email confirming our booking made it clear that 4:30 p.m. was the earliest check-in time - not too uncommon, I think?)

Room Tip: We had Room 1, and would ask for it again. We didn't see any of the others available.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I am really pleased you had an enjoyable stay, and hope to see you again.
I do appreciate you pointing out about another review regardingt check-in times.
As you say, my email confirming guests bookings, clearly states that check in times are between 4.30 and 9pm.
Thank you again.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Lovely accommodation and fantastic cooked breakfast .The quiet location is great after a busy day . The Stables Theatre is very near and is a great venue . There is a lot to do in the surrounding area without having to travel very far .Would definitely recommend a stay here and hope to return .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It's lovely to know, that whilst staying at Woodleys Farmhouse, you enjoyed going to some of the local attractions that are very close to us. Thank you for spending time to write your review, and maybe see you again if you go to another event at the Stables Theatre.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked on Friday afternoon to stay on Saturday night (luckily they'd had a cancellation). We told them on the phone we have 2 large dogs (Rotties) and they didn't judge us by the mis-representation of our beautiful, friendly breed. The staff were welcoming but didn't interfere. The room and bathroom were lovely and clean and the bed was very comfy. Breakfast was delicious and the setting is beautiful.

For walkers and dog owners alike there's a plethora of beautiful walks all around this B&B - we will def be going again. Thank u.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
woodleysfarmhouse, Owner at Woodleys Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Many thanks for your review. It was great to meet you and your dogs. I hope the training session went well :-)

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had a room with a separate bathroom, It was ok. The room is lovely. The location is quiet. Nice countryside. So in case this is the only room left we recommend it beside a separate bath.Please note check in is 4.30 - 5 pm. Nobody cares to open if you arrive earlier. We stand there around for hours.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased that you found the accommodation ok, and I hope that you had a wonderful graduation day.
With regards to your comment about check in times saying that you had to wait around for hours, I can confirm that an email was sent to you, on the 25th February 2014, confirming your booking, saying that your room had an external bathroom - Although you would have know this at the time when you booked it through the booking agent - All of my other rooms are en-suite, but this room has its own Private bathroom just opposite the bedroom. My confirmation email also clearly stated that my Check in times are between 4.30 and 9pm and not 4.30 to 5pm as you have put. My email goes on to say that we always appreciate your estimated arrival time, as we are only a Small Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast and unlike big hotels we Do Not have a manned reception desk. If you had contacted me with a time you wanted to arrive, even if earlier than my normal check in times, I would be only happy to accommodate where possible.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I booked here on business based on trip advisor reviews. I was looking for peace, calm, comfort & free Wi-Fi. Woodleys Farmhouse and Gill delivered on all counts. The breakfast was excellent and I would stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Garden views are very peaceful. Contact Gill direct for room occupancy options.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad we were able to deliver all that you were looking for.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton Keynes
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes
#3 of 34 in Milton Keynes
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
#4 of 34 in Milton Keynes

Been to Woodleys Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!