“Food was good”

Carluccio's - Milton Keynes
Ranked #63 of 533 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Food was good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Visited the restaurant late afternoon on a weekday. I wanted something to eat, but something light.
Once I arrived I was shown to a table and was ask my preference to seating. I was given a menu, I did have a few questions with regards to the menu. Staff were polite and attentive. I ordered a drink and the vegetarian option of a pasta dish. Side orders are priced separately, so just total up your order as you go, because if you are a large family the price can mount up. The pasta dish was spinach and ricotta with a sage butter which was really nice. I also had some garlic bread. Prices on the orange juice was expensive, so I will only go back when I have the money to do so. I did not have a starter, dessert or coffee. I paid just over £15 for two orange juices and a main course with no side dish.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Carole K

• Polish first
“Time it right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped for an early lunch (noon) while shopping at Milton Keynes.
As on previous visits staff were very busy but nonetheless we're friendly and professional, with enough time to answer queries and guide us through new menu items.
Antipasti (to share) to start - very generous and in fact filled us up a bit so insufficient room to finish mains. Food very good - not the cheapest for lunch £40 inc tip for shared antipasti, main course and a soft drink each it hey we don't do it on every visit!

Visited August 2014
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“MK Carluccios comes good again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

OK - we like this place. We've been coming here fairly regularly since it opened, although it's about six/nine months since our last visit. How nice to be recognised and welcomed like old friends.
We like the Carluccio format. We've eaten in Carluccio restaurants in many towns around the UK, and the quality is always consistently good. I guess that's the main reason we keep coming back.
For this visit - we were entertaining a visiting friend over lunch. Excellent food, attentive staff, and a comfortable ambience - what else would you need?
Thanks again MK - we'll be back again

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Just awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Visited here on a Saturday evening. The place was busy, but surely not unexpectedly so as it was Saturday night.

Service was terrible - it took about 20 minutes for our order to be taken. We ordered 2 starters. One arrived and the next never showed up at all. We prompted the waitress, who apologised and said it had been "sat on the side" the whole time. We asked them to cancel it and just bring our main courses.

When they arrived they were bland and not worth the wait.

All in all, a really disappointing experience.

Brixworth, England, United Kingdom
“Post Matinee Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Although we arrived early this was not a problem. Our table was waiting and we were shown to it and drinks brought promptly. We had two courses which were fine except for the meringue in my wife's pudding . We mentioned this when the dishes were cleared and the pudding was deducted from the bill and in addition we were given a complementary packet of biscuits which the restaurant also sells. A pleasant meal with excellent service. Look forward to our next visit

• Visited June 2014