Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes
Mercure Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$89
Novotel Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$68
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$165
Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$98
Priceline
  • Pool
US$84
US$74
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Peartree Lodge Waterside(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$72
US$107
Travelodge Milton Keynes Old Stratford(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
Premier Inn Milton Keynes Central Hotel(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$95
PremierInn.com
US$92
PremierInn.com
1,002 results
All reviewsharvester restaurantharvester oppositestayed herescrambled egg and beanshi expressbusiness parkhot itemscar parkfree breakfastgood sizesofa bedplenty of parkingair conditioningbudget hotelwillen lakeyogurtwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I've been staying at this hotel Monday-Thursday for a while. It's OK, if not special. The free car parking is one reason that I chose this place; most of the others pester you with charges of various kinds, and who needs yet one more hassle? The rooms are clean. The air-conditioning doesn't really work all that well; it generates noise in the middle of the night, even when turned off, and is unreliable. It also can only be set to 19C, which means that on a hot evening it tends not to kick in.

The hotel is a bit better than a Premier Inn, although there is no bath -- only a shower. Prices can get crazy, tho. It's as if someone in Holiday Inn Express has realised that the Premier Inns are their real competition -- correct -- and that they need to be more customer friendly to compete -- also correct -- but that the news has not trickled down to sales staff etc, and to various policies about booking, cancellation, and so on. A chain to watch, all the same.

But here's the really bad thing. The hotel management are insane. That is, they seem to be treating the Wifi as a revenue stream, rather than a necessary service for every modern hotel. Wifi isn't a special thing; we expect it. If a hotel doesn't have it, it's just a disincentive to stay.

Here they want some incredible sum to use the Wifi - £9 per night. Consequently no-one uses it, and everyone buys a mobile broadband dongle instead - £15 for a month. You can tell, because mobile broadband reception tends to drop markedly as everyone checks in and tries to check their email. There is free, low-speed, Wifi in the bar area (I imagine people were going out to Starbucks instead), so people are forced to sit down there for half an hour instead. I can only presume that the management think that forcing tired businessmen into a noisy bar will make them money -- it won't, and it annoys the customers. This week I find that they've introduced a refinement -- you can only use the free Wifi for 6 hours. This says to me that they've noticed that no-one is using the main Wifi in the rooms -- correct --, and have theorised that the free Wifi is what is preventing people using it -- wrong: it's the punishing price --, so are trying to restrict the latter. It's hilarious, in a way, to see such a failure to grasp the problem, but it is deeply, deeply stupid.

Here's a thought, Mr. Hotel Management. Do what Premier Inn are now doing. Give people half an hour free wifi in their rooms. Charge £3 for 24 hours Wifi. You will find that people will pay that. Or, alternatively, keep harassing people who have a mobile broadband dongle in their pockets, and keep wondering why your bar is full of people who are not buying drinks, why your customers hate you, and why no-one buys your Wifi. Your choice.

1  Thank 123,456,700
Sarah8118, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear 123456700

Thank you for taking the time to write your review for our hotel, any feedback is welcome good or bad, as it assists us in our never-ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our customers.

We are glad that you have chosen to stay here with us Monday to Thursday. Our free parking is one of our most convenient assets here and we are happy to offer this as many hotels in our area do charge and we do agree it is an extra hassle for guests.

However, where other hotels do charge for their parking services they are able to offer free WiFi to guests. As noted before we do not charge for parking and we are still able to offer free WiFi in all of our public areas of the hotel for 6 hours every day witch has always been our policy. This policy is practice through-out many of the IHG hotel brand and is not a policy we have personally made at this hotel. We are happy that we can offer some free WiFi for guests and even customers not staying at the hotel.

Unfortunately prices during the week can get very high due to the high demand for bedrooms this is because we are primarily a business hotel. Higher prices can be avoided by booking with us in advance and choosing our 21 day super saver rate or our advance purchase rate both witch offer a significant discount for booking in advance.

We regularly receive positive feedback about our hotel and our service as you can see on previous Trip advisor reviews and can assure that our customers do not ''hate'' us and that our management team are not ''Insane''. Should you need to discuss anything further with us please do not hesitate to call on 01908 681000 or email us at info@expressmiltonkeynes.co.uk.

Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes Management.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I have been staying at this HIE for 2 nights every other week on business for the past few months. Maybe the staff have got to know me but in all honesty they have always been friendly and efficient from day one.
As recommended by previous reviewers I always go for a king size room and I find them comfortable and clean. This is a IHG basic offering in the UK and the one at Milton Keynes is generally one of the better ones in my view.
OK the food at breakfast is basic but its always hot in my experience and it wasnt that long ago that they only did Continental style but now as other reviewers says you now can get sausages, scrambled egg and beans along with fruit, toast, cereals,croissants,cheese and muffins etc and as this is included in the price I think its a reasonable deal.
The Harvester Pub next door does good evening meals at a very reasonable price.
The location is away from the centre of MK so if you are not driving taxis are needed.
I dont have a problem with this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a king size room
1  Thank calvados13
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for leaving this review, both our king-sized rooms and the hot additions to our breakfast are relatively new and I am pleased to learn that you are appreciative of them. There are lots of hotels in Milton Keynes and lots of other HI Express’ so we are more than happy to be mentioned to as one of the better ones.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel could be so much better with a little effort. It is comfortable and clean with competent, helpful staff but it has a cold atmosphere. The food is good but not brilliant, few choices, I suppose pub grub would be an fair description, the dining area has a plain and unadorned appearance, there is, however, a Harvester restaurant opposite. The hotel is also situated in a very out of the way position, if you are not driving you will need to depend on taxis.
It suited my purpose and I would stay here again if necessary.

2  Thank longhair9
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

I am pleased to learn that our hotel met your needs and I would like to inform you that we have a new dinner menu launching shortly. We thank you for taking the time to leave this review and hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

When stopping at a hotel on business, the easy thing to do is lower your expectations. It avoids disappointment as often, when requiring a quick overnight stay, as long as the bed and shower are o.k., other things are not considered. This is probably not quite the right approach; however, it works for me.
But I can report that my stay here was mostly fine. The room was huge, as was the bed. My advice is to take the king-sized option if offered; it was the same cost as a normal sized bed but twice the width. The bathroom was well appointed, clean and modern.
My concerns at this hotel? The lift was out of order, and it was a fair distance from reception to my room, and it was poorly signposted. Another trouble spot is the room key. Keeping it in your wallet near other magnetic strip cards can render your key useless, which in my case meant another hike back to reception and then back to my room. Here’s an idea, tell me this when I check-in, then perhaps I could have kept my room key separate and not in my wallet. Simple really.
The meals looked grim although I didn’t try anything so looks are all can offer a view on. And £14.99 for a deluxe burger? Are they serious?
On the whole, mid-rating is all this hotel requires, most definitely not in the bottom division, but, although comfy, work to be done.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for this constructive review we value all that take the time to write and especially those which we can learn from.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Apologies for the delay in review, we went with my mum and dad to see the 2010 Santander British grand pric. Overall it was satisfactory. The staff were pleasant and the bar area had a nice ambience. Room was plenty big enough and the beds were comfy. Tv reception was poor but other then that it was Okay. Will stay again?

Room Tip: All rooms have a good AC unit. If disabled, they are brilliant.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

It’s great that even a year later the hotel still had a positive view in your mind. Since your stay we have had new TVs in all the rooms. We hope that we are able to welcome you back soon.