“Could have been good, but...”

Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel is clean, and comfortable. Close to the motorway and to Milton Keynes. The staff were friendly, but...

The hotel was very noisy - not only with late night people returning to rooms but also very early morning people leaving. The problem apart from the voices was that the doors are on heavy closers that bang shut every time someone enters or leaves their room and the noise and vibrations spread down the whole corridor.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel if you want any sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sylvain L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes for your recent stay.
I am very sorry to hear that you have been disturbed during the night by other guests and by our rooms doors. We will identify the doors to fix immediately.
We are the right destination in Milton Keynes for a stop over or longer stay. I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back at the hotel, experiencing a hassle free night.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I stay here a lot, as my office is in MK.
Rooms are always clean and tidy. Staff friendly and helpfull.
Lounge area is good with 2 large tv's.

Breakfast is "ok" basic but enough to get your day started. Fresh fruits, cereals etc.

Chain hotel, so very much the same standards etc.
Never had a problem, good basic hotel for business travel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sylvain L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive comment.
I am very pleased to know that we are regularly part of your business trip and thank you so much for your loyalty.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards

Reviewed 11 August 2014

a very good hotel if you are looking for one near to all attractions in and around Milton Keynes
the room we had was very spacious and the hotel was modern and bright
the staff were very helpful and friendly

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEMK, Senior Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear les m

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.

John
Senior Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was my first visit to Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes which is on the south eastern side of Willen Lake opposite a Harvester Restaurant and was much bigger than I was expecting.

My biggest surprise was the rapturous welcome I received at check in, I was welcomed as a IHG Platinum member and also as an Ambassador member, I booked a King Bed room but I was also given the chance to pick another if I was not happy with the room I was given. I was advised on how to obtain wifi access and offered either IHG points or a drink with snack, I chose the latter.

The room was on the ground floor and was extremely spacious with cavernous bed, good amount of open design storage space, tea/coffee, oversize TV with freeview channels and a novelly designed work desk next to the window. The room perhaps is slightly dated but felt less budget than the standard HI Express Hotel room. The bathroom was fine with good shower and wall mounted dispensers.

The breakfast was better than average too with a good selection of hot/cold items which were constantly replenished.

Getting to the hotel without a car is easy, 15 minute walk from the hotel to MK Coachway, and there is Arriva bus No.8 which stops at Fox Milne Roundabout West and runs to CMK every 15 minutes, the bus stops are a 2 minute walk from the hotel.

Very impressed with this hotel because of the proactive and highly approachable staff members. Also the hotel has a premium feel to it with the tastefully furnished common areas and spacious bedrooms. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Paullegate

The whole team always feel really encouraged when they receive positive reviews like this, so I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some point in the future.

John
Senior Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Room booked in advanced & Loyalty Scheme logged so assume at least standard level of service. Arrived to check in at 1300. Car Park empty but apparently no rooms ready as everyone just left. Told me to go and wait but didn't bother to phone housekeeping. I gave it 30 mins - great night in Hilton instead.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Simon P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Simon P,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Milton keynes.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed overnight with family
The staff were really friendly and polite and the rooms very clean.
There was plenty of seating at breakfast and the food did not run out (as it does in some hotels offering an inclusive breakfast).
Had a drink in the bar but didn't eat an evening meal onsite. Instead we walked to a very nice pub in Woolstones which I also recommend. (The Barge)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sylvain L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback and for staying with us recently.
It is always a pleasure to read some positive experience.
You will always be welcomed at the Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes for short or long stay!
Very kind regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

receptionist was friendly on check in but difficult to understand as English was nother mother tongue and she sooke very quietly. Room was just ok, very dark as there was no 'big' light just the side lights and a desk light which made it difficult to work. I had dinner in the restaurant as they didnt do room service - they were accommodating wth my request for jacket potato instead of chips but the food was pretty rubbish, Have stayed ib much better budget hotels

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank penrosemoons
Sylvain L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us recently.
We appreciate all feedback. I will look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards,