“A Great Breakfast”

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“A Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I booked through bookings.com a got a good deal for a one night HB weekend stay to visit Bletchley Park. The hotel is in a handy and quiet location, is very clean, the staff are very well trained and friendly (not overly formal). I joined the Hilton rewards and received wine and water and a newspaper. A reasonably priced restaurant with a good value chef’s special and excellent breakfast. The only downside are the prices of wine at over £20 bottle.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 28 August 2011
Dear RobertandAnne91,

Thank you for taking the time in completing a guest review following a recent stay at the hotel.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found our hotel clean and staff very friendly. I have shared your feedback regarding the excellent breakfast with my breakfast team and they were very proud that you mentioned about our breakfast.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind Regards,

Deputy Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Polish first
Norfolk, England
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I stayed here between 27 and 29 July with my partner, son and father while we visited Bletchley Park and family. My father is 85 and has limited mobility so we were very pleased to be given ground floor rooms close together. The staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly in asking Dad if he wanted assistance with his luggage or with getting his food. They also assured us that he was in a special "disabled" room and that they were aware of his presence, in case of a fire so that they could look after him. He liked his room, although he said he couldn't get any hot water in his shower. We were also pleased with our room, although as we were on a ground floor with French windows, we couldn't securely open the windows at night and the air con appeared to be broken. We were also kept awake by the bathroon fan the first night until we figured out how to turn it off.

We ate there the first night and enjoyed a lovely meal. The breakfasts were also good and we enjoyed the swimming pool. It was my birthday while we were there so it was nice to get up and start the day with a swim!

I was a bit disappointed though, when I got home to find that I must have left my son's new pyjamas behind. I've searched everywhere and can only conclude I've left them in the room. Sadly, Housekeeping was not able to trace them.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Isle of WIght
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in July. A tired hotel. Room was small and dated. Over priced bar. Quite friendly service overall but didn't cope very well with a busy breakfast service. Smallest pool in the world (you could honestly do a significant number of lengths with little effort!). Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear shrekndonkey

Thank you for taking the time in completing a guest review following a recent stay at our hotel.

I was very disappointed to learn that you considered the hotel to be tired and room to be dated. We do have an ongoing refurbishment programme in place and we are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience this for yourself.

If you can please contact myself directly with the room number you stayed in I will be happy to investigate your comments further.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Kind Regards,

Maidenhead - UK
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed overnight and expected the normal boxy room, dull bar and dead food. This was a nice surprise, if it was closer I would eat there regularly the food was that good. The bar was Ok but had a very nice outside area and was much better priced than many large chain hotels. Even the bed was better than normal. Well done Hilton

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Dear Adam_in_the_UK,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Hilton MiltonKeynes.

I was delighted to read that you had a good stay at the Hilton MiltonKeynes. I have shared your feedback with the team, who were pleased to hear that you found the food and the bed good at the hotel.I am also glad that you enjoyed the outside bar area and found the bar prices reasonable.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Miltonkeynes hotel again in the future.

Oxford
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Nice place and good location. The food was very good and staff helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Dear oxfordlewis

Thank you for taking the time completing a guest review following a stay at the us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the stay at the hotel.I was very pleased to learn that you found the staff very friendly and food to be good. I have shared your feedback with the hotel team who are very happy to recieve such a positive feedback.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Good size rooms, good service, strange exterior!
The staff were very helpful and friendly and the food was great!

• Stayed July 2011
Dear WainwrightBagger

Thank you for taking the time in completing a guest review following a stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you had a good stay at the hotel.I have shared your feedback with the team,who were happy to hear that you found the staff very friendly and the food to be great.Thank you for the important comment concerning our room size. As we have different room categories, the sizes of the rooms vary. It was great to read that you found the service very good.

Once again thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Milton Keynes soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2011

A bit tricky to find as its within a park but tagged on the end of a University grounds and near a housing estate. Sat Nav a must, even for the City location.

Good cark park. Unusually free for a Hilton with plenty of spaces.

Location near M1 and 10mins from the centre of Milton Keynes shops and Bars.

Reception is good and the staff friendly.

Look out for any offers they may have as it can be quite a steel during off peak times. But value is good for a quieter further away location from the Centre of Milton Keynes than usual. But it is soo easy to hop in the car and get there that the location I found is a plus. Its near a Tesco, M&S and MacDonald’s.

Rooms are all the same good standard. Clean and well decorated. Beds are good as are the facilities including a nice TV.

Small but good pool and Gym. Time it welll as it can get a bit crowded.

So a great starting point for a small break or for business as its not shoved into a small location in the centre of Milton Keynes.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple