“A good hotel, well run.”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
england
“A good hotel, well run.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

We were to attend a tour of Bletchley Park, so decided to come up the night before, and stay at the Hilton. having found the hotel we were given a very adequate smoking room. Clean and has we needed tocomfortable. One minor fault. My partner couldn't find the hair dryer, which reception(when we booked out the next day) said should have been there. Not a problem and could have been easily remedied. We dined in the restaurant, the food was good and good value for money. We had a couple of drinks in the bar. The wine was quite expensive by the glass, but was drinkable.Breakfast was excellent. All the constituents of the Great British Breakfast, god quality ingredients, well cooked.In short a pleasant stay at a good hotel with friendly, EFFICIENT, staff. Particular praise to James the barman and the Polish lady (named Dominika or similar I THINK!) who was on reception.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Dear jwad1943,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Hilton MiltonKeynes.

It is a pleasure for us to hear that you liked your room, restaurant dinner and breakfast.
I have passed on your feedback about friendly and efficient staff to my team and have specially thanked James and Dominika for their great customer service and they were thrilled to recieve such great feedback.

Once again thank you very much for your very positive comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Miltonkeynes hotel again in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Deputy Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

My husband was on business in the area and my daughter and I stayed with him at this hotel. My husband is a member of the 'Hilton Honours' localty scheme and we booked a 'deluxe room'. On arrival, we were allocated a room which was far from deluxe! The walls/ceiling were quite badly stained and the bathroom door looked like it had been damaged and filled in very badly! When we complained, we were moved to a better room although it was small.

When booking the 'deluxe' room, we were promised wine, chocolates, bottles of water, bathrobes and slippers. We had to ask for all of these, although they did eventually arrive, delivered to our room. However, the (only) one bathrobe and one pair of slippers came two days into our five day stay. We just felt a bit let down by the usual standard of the Hilton service, and felt we were pestering the staff for what we'd been promised.

The breakfast was good, as were the leisure facilities. The boiler wasn't working on the first day of our stay and the water in the pool was freezing! The boiler was fixed by the time we next went for a swim, and we really enjoyed that. The pool was small, as other reviewers have stated, but it was perfect for our young daughter.

The roll out bed we were given to make our room a family one was incredibly uncomfortable! Main double bed was fine.

I know this review seems negative but I think I'm judging by previous positive experiences at this hotel chain.

We're a big fan of Hilton hotels but it is unlikely that we'll return to this particular one.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 27 August 2011
Dear Col62 ,

I was really disappointed to hear that you did'nt like the standards of the deluxe room.I have passed on your feedback regarding the condition of the room to my maintenace manager who joins me apaologising.Please can you drop me an email with the room number from your stay and , I will personally ensure that this gets fixed.

I also noted that your amentiies did'nt arrive on time and the rollaway bed was uncomfortable and I would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.I would like to let you know that corrective action and training has been carried out in these areas.

On a positive note I was delighted to know that you enjoyed our Hilton Breakfast which the best breakfast in town and also found our leisure facilites good.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Milton Keynes soon

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Me an my boyfriend stayed here for his birthday an i have to say the rooms are clean and spacious,big television,staff are very helpful there are just two downfalls one is that it didnt have aircon just a fan so we were quite warm and also the pastries were quite stale in the morning!

However they go the extra mile for special occasions i asked if there were some extra touches they could do and they provided champagne and chocolates:-) i would definately stay again

• Stayed August 2011
Dear ravingrachy

Thank you for taking the time in completing a guest review following a stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you found your room to be clean and spacious.I have passed your comments to the Hotel team and we are all pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff helpful.I'm also glad that you enjoyed the Champagne and Chocolates for the special occasion.

I also noted your feedback regarding the pastries and have shared the feedback with my head chef who has reviewed the breakfast buffet and done the corrective training.

It would be great to welcome you back in our Hilton Milton Keynes.

Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

I booked through bookings.com a got a good deal for a one night HB weekend stay to visit Bletchley Park. The hotel is in a handy and quiet location, is very clean, the staff are very well trained and friendly (not overly formal). I joined the Hilton rewards and received wine and water and a newspaper. A reasonably priced restaurant with a good value chef’s special and excellent breakfast. The only downside are the prices of wine at over £20 bottle.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
PradeepRajan, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 28 August 2011
Dear RobertandAnne91,

Thank you for taking the time in completing a guest review following a recent stay at the hotel.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found our hotel clean and staff very friendly. I have shared your feedback regarding the excellent breakfast with my breakfast team and they were very proud that you mentioned about our breakfast.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Norfolk, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I stayed here between 27 and 29 July with my partner, son and father while we visited Bletchley Park and family. My father is 85 and has limited mobility so we were very pleased to be given ground floor rooms close together. The staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly in asking Dad if he wanted assistance with his luggage or with getting his food. They also assured us that he was in a special "disabled" room and that they were aware of his presence, in case of a fire so that they could look after him. He liked his room, although he said he couldn't get any hot water in his shower. We were also pleased with our room, although as we were on a ground floor with French windows, we couldn't securely open the windows at night and the air con appeared to be broken. We were also kept awake by the bathroon fan the first night until we figured out how to turn it off.

We ate there the first night and enjoyed a lovely meal. The breakfasts were also good and we enjoyed the swimming pool. It was my birthday while we were there so it was nice to get up and start the day with a swim!

I was a bit disappointed though, when I got home to find that I must have left my son's new pyjamas behind. I've searched everywhere and can only conclude I've left them in the room. Sadly, Housekeeping was not able to trace them.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Isle of WIght
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in July. A tired hotel. Room was small and dated. Over priced bar. Quite friendly service overall but didn't cope very well with a busy breakfast service. Smallest pool in the world (you could honestly do a significant number of lengths with little effort!). Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear shrekndonkey

Thank you for taking the time in completing a guest review following a recent stay at our hotel.

I was very disappointed to learn that you considered the hotel to be tired and room to be dated. We do have an ongoing refurbishment programme in place and we are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience this for yourself.

If you can please contact myself directly with the room number you stayed in I will be happy to investigate your comments further.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Maidenhead - UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed overnight and expected the normal boxy room, dull bar and dead food. This was a nice surprise, if it was closer I would eat there regularly the food was that good. The bar was Ok but had a very nice outside area and was much better priced than many large chain hotels. Even the bed was better than normal. Well done Hilton

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room