“Perfectly functional business hotel”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Warrington, uk
“Perfectly functional business hotel”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

In general I was far happier here than your average Hilton - I usually find Hilton somewhat overrated. The room was comfortable, with a full size bath and all the usual amenities. The only minor complaint was that the third floor was freezing, even for someone who enjoys a cool room this was a shade on the arctic end of the spectrum. I didn’t have an evening meal in the hotel (the Purple Mango Indian which is walking distance away and very nice), but did have breakfast which was surprisingly good for a hotel buffet.

The hotel is short and broad, rather than tall or particularly architecturally exciting. In fact much like Milton Keynes the hotel is: functional, well built, sensibly planned; and much like Milton Keynes that’s no bad thing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear WarringtonWainwright

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am delighted that your stay was a good one and that your business needs matched your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again in 2014.

Kind regards and Happy New Year
Ahmet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Very pleasant stay and I am looking forward to more visits in 2014. For my business stay and ease of work life, the hotel and facilities help one unwind and relax. The use of the sauna and pool are very much appreciated.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Simon L

Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoy your stays here and that you are looking forward to more stays in the future.

You can always be assured of a warm and friendly welcome at our hotel.

Kind Regards and Happy New Year 2014.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Friendly staff, nice rooms. Dinner excellent. Bar expensive £9.50 for a glass of wine. Plenty of selection at breakfast although we had to wait for sausages and bacon after asking. Felt that we should have to rush breakfast as the staff tried to take away plates before the meal was finished. Would stay again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Lyne W

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor and I have passed your kind comments on to the team. I will be sure to mention your breakfast experience to my Food and Beverage Manager, in order to improve the service we provide.

I look forward to seeing you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton Milton Keynes on several occasions and always leave with a positive experience. Never had any issue and the service has always been first class. Even at this stay, with it being the very busy Christmas period and the hotel catering for parties, the service to guests didn't slip. Very Friendly and Helpful staff.Cannot understand some other nonsense postings here. We queue everywhere with in our daily life, we need to understand hotels get busy too and we may need to wait. This should not be the reason to call the service is bad and put these hard working and caring staff down. The hotel is not a new built, but again I see the improvements...

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear George 1509

Thank you for your very kind comments on Trip Advisor. We strive to ensure that all our guests leave here happy, and I am delighted that you always find a warm welcome at the hotel. I have passed your kind comments onto our dedicated team, and they have been gratefully appreciated.

Kind Regards
Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Having arrived to a sign outside our room stating the ceiling was coming down and a hole in the corridor ceiling it was not our expectation of a Hilton. We booked a Queen Room as an upgrade, the room was very tired, poorly appointed and dirty with cobwebs from the light fittings ! Bathroom also was not clean. Staff at the bar were helpful and freindly, staff in the restaurant,especially at breakfast were not. If you want more then one cup of coffee, good luck! Overall a very disappointing experience that we will not be repeating, definitely not worth the money and nowhere near the standard of their cheaper competitors.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jason H

I do believe we have responded to you personally, and as conveyed in my email, I was most concerned to hear about the poor room standards you reported, and following your feedback, I have spent considerable time with my Housekeeping Manager, who joins me in sincerely apologising. I can confirm that corrective action has taken place within the department in order that we meet our guests expectations on every stay.

Furthermore, the damaged ceiling you mentioned was unfortunately carried out by a less than considerate guest, and this was rectified as soon as it was reported to us, and I am sorry that you were witness to the damage prior to repair. This is certainly not a usual occurrence at the Hilton, and the person responsible will be contacted.

I trust that my goodwill gesture in my personal response met with your satisfaction, and please do not hesitate to contact me again, should you require further assistance.

Travellers are raving about these Milton Keynes hotels

Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My wife and i stayed here on 14/12/13, We are just everyday people who chose this hotel for a little break to do our last bits and pieces of our Christmas shopping.

We chose the hotel first and then decided that the shopping was the same anywhere, it was the Hilton name that attracted us initially.
We arrived on sat afternoon and from there on in it was a disaster.

Our room 263 was first floor last room in the corridor, quiet was my first thought! it wasn't, the people opposite came back at 03.15 singing and shouting.

The room looked like it had been cut in half with a partition wall through it. Ended up listening to the couple next door enjoying the benefits of each other for an hour, might as well been a curtain across the room.

The fixtures and fittings in the room were white plastic handles and a white plastic toilet seat, the toilet smelt of urine and the whole bathroom was very 2 star.

Breakfast... The breakfast was ok apart from the fact that we waited for at least 5 minutes for the mushrooms to arrive, eventually we left them, by this time our breakfast had gone cold.
I told the manager of the restaurant and she offered to change it but it was too late then. it should never have happened.

On departure i asked to speak to the duty manager, she was very apologetic and offered to take the price of the breakfast off, i refused as i didn't want it to look like i was after a refund of any kind and would lessen the seriousness of our complaints..

Sad, The Hilton has definitely let its standards drop.

Mr L Webb. Watford.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear lolsgolf

Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to hear about your experience on this occasion.

We do like to provide a quiet environment for all our guests, however sometimes other less considerate guests can cause a nuisance. We do make every effort to monitor any late night revellers, in order that our sleeping guests retain their comfort, during the festive party night season, and I am sorry that you were not afforded consideration from other guests at the time of your stay. My Food and Beverage Manager joins me in apologising for the wait for your mushrooms, at breakfast. This is most unusual, as we pride ourselves in the 'Best Breakfast in Town' at the hotel, and I am only sorry that we were unable to resolve this for you on departure.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some time in the future, we will do our utmost to ensure a pleasant and welcoming stay next time.

Mk
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

After attending a Christmas Party here I have to commend the staff. They were fantastic and helpful when we needed them and we thank them for there patience with our group on the evening!! As promised, a great review in return :)

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sam D

It was a pleasure to attend to your Christmas Party group recently, and I am delighted that you all had such a good time and enjoyed our facilities and appreciated the great team who work here. I have passed your kind comments on to them, which have been gratefully received.

We look forward to next year's party booking, and you will of course be welcome any time!