“Not hilton standards”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed 30 January 2014

If your expecting a luxury hotel dont stay! Lacks the standards of other Hilton Hotels, staff were shocking, no idea of customer service. The hotel is very shabby an dated wont stay again when working in Milton Keynes

• Stayed: January 2014
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Spike W

I was most concerned to hear that you found our staff lacking customer service, as this is usually something we pride ourselves on at the Hilton Milton Keynes. Should you wish to give me further feedback relating to your stay, please feel free to contact me, in order for me to investigate the nature of your comments and apply corrective action where needed, as we like all our guests to leave the hotel happy, and it is only by receiving such feedback, that we can improve on our service and standards for every stay.

Regards

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have been staying in this hotel everytime I visit Milton Keynes because it is the best hotel compared to the other hotels I tried in Milton Keynes. I travel to MK 4 to 6 times per year and I have tried to stay in ohter hotels in MK and this one is the best (nice rooms, clean, quite, good restaurant, very good service)

Dear Bassam J

How delightful to hear that you find us the Best Hotel in Town! I am pleased that you find the service excellent and enjoy staying in our comfortable, clean rooms. I have passed your very kind comments on to my team, and they have been most gratefully received.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed for one night and really enjoyed it! Very clean and modern, good bar area, small swimming pool and sauna. The rooms are a good size I was in a Double Queen, very clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast was a really good standard, staff walking round topping up coffee and juice was a nice touch, I did stick with the fry up which was very good, but the continental looked the best selection I’ve seen outside of France!! I didn’t eat in the restaurant at night but the menu looked good and at a reasonable price.

There were a couple of bad points, the room was a bit chilly when I arrived, but soon warmed up once the heating was on, really should of been on a timer, and the toilet didn't flush that well, but I would defiantly stay again if I was in the area.

Dear Paul B

Thank you for your kind comments. I was delighted that you found your one night stay satisfactory and enjoyed our facilities and food. I am pleased that you found your room decor clean and comfortable, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back again at some time in the future.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Have just spent 3 nights here. Have stayed in Hilton's around the world but never one in the UK, and this hotel is just mediocre when you consider the cost per night. My room was like a furnace (which I was able to switch off all heating) yet my friend's room was freezing cold the entire trip. Bathroom was OK but the whole place seemed to need several taps/washers replacing.
Food for lunch/dinner is bountiful yet bland and average. Staff were very friendly and the bed was comfortable as they put extra sheets on the mattress.

Dear ForzaMaterazzi

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you found your room comfortable and our staff friendly.

However, I was sorry to hear about the issue in your bathroom. You will see from the postings on here that we are currently undergoing much improvement to our bathrooms and fitments and this is ongoing into 2014. I was sorry to hear about your friend's room temperature, and had we been made aware of it during your stay, this could have easily been rectified.

I am pleased that you found our lunch selection plentiful, however I will pass your feedback onto the Head Chef for his consideration for future stays.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Actually stayed at the Hilton Timbold Drive. Service-Amazing! Staff- Amazing Hospitality-Amazing! stayed 2 nights but 3 days on a Diocesean conference and the service could not have been better. The staff are young but are SOOOOO willing to please, be of service and ensure that your stay at THEIR establishment was the best experience. Never eaten so much, Food -superb and as for the desserts, well, still licking my lips on the melt in the mouth black forest gateau, cherry cheesecake, etc, etc. you wanted for nothing. Must point out that if service was not to your standard, the staff we encountered bent over backwards to accommodate. I think that I would just like to book to go there as a general get away from London, every once in a while. Bravo!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the ground floor I was in room 118, and it was great, easy access back to room especially af...
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Set among green lawns this hotel offers everything a tired traveller can want - pleasant spa, quiet rooms, wonderfully comfortable beds, friendly staff, a cold beer and free WiFi in the relaxed foyer. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of hot coffee. We were delighted by our stay and left refreshed!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Macavity Israel

Thank you so much for your very kind review. I was pleased to hear that you found your 'little oasis of calm' in your stay and surroundings at Hilton Milton Keynes.

We are very pleased that you left our hotel feeling relaxed, happy and refreshed and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The place is in the middle of nowhere, rooms are old, not properly warm (at least my room), and the bath was leaking. Restaurant is not bad and service stuff is quite friendly and helpful. Probably I was given the worst room because I arrived very late on a Tuesday. If I can avoid it, I will not go again.

Dear 942Eduardo_M

Thank you for your review. I was pleased that you found our staff friendly and helpful, however I was concerned to hear that your room tempeature was not to your comfort, and I was disappointed that you did not make this known to a member of our team, as we would have certainly been able to assist you.

We are also currently updating our bathrooms with new fitments and other enhancements. Many of our guests enjoy the quiet countryside surroundings and situation of the hotel, despite us being only a 5 minute taxi/bus/car ride to Milton Keynes City Centre and Rail Station, and a 2 minute walk to the Open University.

Should you visit us again in the future, you can be assured of a very warm welcome.