“Tired looking hotel”

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Tired looking hotel”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Good service, attentive staff fails to hide the fact that hotel is looking and feeling very tired and in urgent need of refurbishment. The bed was comfortable, but the mirror was hanging off the wall, shower control was broken. If this had not been a business trip I would have been unhappy in spending my own money

But the staff were excellent and the quality of breakfast was good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear AlanJaneD

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you found our breakfast good and staff excellent. I note that you were disappointed with your room, however we are currently undergoing many exciting improvements in the hotel, which include new taps, showers and other bathroom fitments. Our Bar Lounge area is also undergoing a makeover in the next couple of months.

We look forward to you returning to enjoy our much improved product.

Ahmet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with work recently. I have stayed in the past & thought the hotel was completely fine however I feel the standards have slipped for a Hilton.
Room was freezing on my first night, have never experienced a hotel room so cold, I am normally always far too hot in hotels so found this surprising.
Came back to my room on my second evening & housekeeping had left a dirty, wet pillowcase on the chair...strange.
Their was a note saying if you were not going to rate the hotel a 9/10 to please speak to Management... So this looks to me like they are aware of issues & trying to cover them up.
Wouldn't stay here again unless I had no choice.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear SarahandChris

Thank you for your review. . I note that you were disappointed with the temperature in your room on this occasion and I offer my sincere apologies. I will ensure that maintenance are aware there was an issue that night. You may like to hear howeve, that we are currently undergoing many exciting improvements in the hotel, which include new taps, showers and other fitments and our Bar Lounge area is also undergoing a makeover in the next couple of months.

I also noted your comment with regard to our encouraging our customers to speak directly to us should they have any concerns or issues they wish to bring to our attention. This is to ensure transparency in our customer service, as it is only by receiving feedback such as yours, that we can improve on our service and standards.

We do hope you will return at some time in the future, in order to enjoy our much improved product.

Kind regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We attended a recent function at the hotel to celebrate a family members 80th birthday on 8th February.
The function preparation that had gone into making the night run so smoothly and without any glitch needs to be highlighted.
Whoever had help plan and co-ordinator the birthday needs applauding for as everyone said how spot on it all was.
The buffet food was lovely and everyone was certainly enjoying themselves.
They was staff on hand throughout the night also who helped with making sure it was a great birthday to remember.

Good work needs to be awarded. We would certainly look at coming to you for any private parties we have of our own.

Dear Rachel_L612

Thank you for your very kind review of our hotel. My team and I were very grateful for your comments, and we are delighted that you found everything to your satisfaction and had an enjoyable time at your function.

We hope that you will visit us again soon, you will be made most welcome.

lingfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

All that could be expected in a nat'l Hilton. Most cheerful and helpful staff throughout; agreeable spacious setting. Easy access and lots of parking space. Relaxed and very enjoyable all round. Running out of things to say!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Embna M J

Thank you for your very kind review of our hotel. My team and I were very grateful for your comments, and we are delighted that you found everything to your satisfaction.

We hope you will visit us again soon, you will be made most welcome.

cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

A good business hotel with good facilities and outstanding staff (in my experience). Rooms well serviced and comfortable although the bathrooms have obviously not been redecorated or serviced in a long time. But the breakfast is awful - the hot buffet frankly unappealing and hugely overcooked. The fresh fruit dried out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Troy C

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to hear that you found our hotel had good facilities and outstanding staff - I have passed your very kind comments on to them, which have been gratefully received. We are in the process of updating our bathrooms in the next couple of months.

I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast. We are famous for 'The Hilton Breakfast' and the issues you mentioned are certainly not to our usual standards. I have passed your feedback to the Head Chef, in order that the issues you reported are addressed immediately.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Friendly and profesional staff, nothing was too much hastle. Nice location and facilities, lovely stay. Good choice for breakfast and dinner. Spacious lounge and great leisure centre. Had a good night sleep, comfy bed, clean bedroom and bathroom.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Mateusz B

We hope you will visit us again soon, you will be made most welcome.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had the pleasure of having a meal at the Hilton Hotel Milton keynes on Saturday evening
I would just like to say how wonderful it was to enjoy food which was prepared by their
Chef Tom who could not have been more helpful and offered his advise all evening
would highly recommend

Well done to Tom Smyth and his team

excellent food.

But would like to advise some of the reception staff were not very informative we enquired about other fuctions that might be available and were told they did not have any ????
might need to be reveiwed by managment but dont let this spoil your meal

Dear 110sarah 0

I was delighted to hear that you had such a great time in our Restaurant, and Tom joins me in thanking you for your great review of our new menu.

We aim to please at the Hilton Milton Keynes and it is lovely to hear that you all enjoyed your experience with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards