“Average Hotel for a middle-high fee”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Koeln, Germany
“Average Hotel for a middle-high fee”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Overall fine experience. Very nice personell, outdated rooms, especially bathroom. In the average but for a above the average fee. Breakfast could be better. Only quite fatty and very "English" breakfast available. A more international selection would be preferred. Check-in and -out process very fast and convenient. Good parking facilities. The hotel is outside the city in a non residential area where only a congress center is located. Auto is necessary.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Giulio L

Thank you for your great review. I was pleased that you found our service good, which is something we are proud of at Hilton Milton Keynes. I was sorry that you found the breakfast disappointing - this is most unusual as we have everything you could possible wish for on our buffet, so I'll be sure to ask the Chef what happened on that particular day.

I hope that you will visit us again soon, you will be made most welcome, and you will be able to see the improvements we are making to our rooms.

Kind Regards
Ahmet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Polish first
Marlborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The room and general hotel were absolutely fine. However the pool was out of action and the receptionist was very poor in stating that it was our fault for not checking the website before acknowledging that it in fact did not say on the website. Very unhelpful and inpolite.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear JamieT

Thank you for your review and pleased that you found your room and the hotel good.

Please accept my apologies for the pool being unfortunately out of order, and I have also taken the time to ensure that the team are respectful at all times, and I am sorry if this was not the case on this occasion.

Chelsea, Michigan
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed at the MK Hilton last week and it was easily the worst Hilton property at which I have ever stayed. The location is something that cannot be changed. There is nothing within walking distance, but that is not controlled by the staff. All the other issues are.

The hotel is in considerable disrepair. Each of the people in my party had issues with the water running cold, on multiple mornings. The interior furnishings look original and unrepaired. This is obviously a high volume hotel and should get some attention.

The service at the bar was great. Dani and Rute took great care of us.

The most troubling part of this week was the poor service in the restaurant. The restaurant management was as poor of a management staff as I have ever experienced. There were obvious issues in the dining room that evening (including it taking 90 minutes to get our fish and chips). The supervisor did not take ownership for the issues, instead asked our waitress (Paidge) to take responsibility for it. For the record, Paidge was a really good waitress and tried as hard as she could. The issues that evening were with the kitchen and the restaurant management, not her service.

Next time, I wills top by the MK Hilton for a drink but will choose to stay at The Jury's.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Walls_in_MI

Thank you for your review. However, I noted that you were disappointed with your dining experience on this occasion. The problem you reported is certainly not to our usual standards and I shared your comments with my Food and Beverage Manager, who joins me in sincerely apologising . I can confirm that corrective action has been carried out for future busy dining nights, in order that we meet our guests expectations on every stay, and I do that hope that this unusual circumstance will not deter you from returning at some time in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Milton Keynes hotels

Ashtead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Thank you Hilton MK for such a wonderful family break, you could not have been more helpful and accommodating! On arrival the pool was closed due to it being a 'low temperature' and when I explained our disappointment the Manager Alexandra was called and asked the Leisure Manager Jack to arrange for a local alternative pool to be made available to us. Jack offered to send us by return taxi and refund full payment of the nearby pool facilities (which they did). Later, we had supper plans but Alexandra made us aware of the special dinner offer that night, so we booked in and had the most delicious meal! Even when I mentioned my sons less-than piping hot soup, within a minute or two the chef was at the table to apologise and let us know the problem was being rectified! The breakfasts were outstanding, as were all the staff - displaying patience with our children using the 'exciting' automatic waffle machine and even doing their level best to make alternative offers to our daughters request for Nutella (which they happened not to have!) The family room was extremely comfortable and clean and despite the hotel being in need of some redecoration the friendly and helpful staff made our stay extremely pleasurable, briskly responding to the family's request for more bath-towels/bath robes/slippers/flannels/extra pillows and extra milk - nothing was too much trouble! Would we stay at Hilton MK again - YES, YES, YES!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sal H

Thank you for your fantastic review of the hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your relaxing break at the The Hilton Milton Keynes, and my team and I thank you for your very kind comments. Our aim is to see everyone leave here happy, and I am delighted that we achieved this, following your stay.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Good service, attentive staff fails to hide the fact that hotel is looking and feeling very tired and in urgent need of refurbishment. The bed was comfortable, but the mirror was hanging off the wall, shower control was broken. If this had not been a business trip I would have been unhappy in spending my own money

But the staff were excellent and the quality of breakfast was good.

Dear AlanJaneD

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you found our breakfast good and staff excellent. I note that you were disappointed with your room, however we are currently undergoing many exciting improvements in the hotel, which include new taps, showers and other bathroom fitments. Our Bar Lounge area is also undergoing a makeover in the next couple of months.

We look forward to you returning to enjoy our much improved product.

Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with work recently. I have stayed in the past & thought the hotel was completely fine however I feel the standards have slipped for a Hilton.
Room was freezing on my first night, have never experienced a hotel room so cold, I am normally always far too hot in hotels so found this surprising.
Came back to my room on my second evening & housekeeping had left a dirty, wet pillowcase on the chair...strange.
Their was a note saying if you were not going to rate the hotel a 9/10 to please speak to Management... So this looks to me like they are aware of issues & trying to cover them up.
Wouldn't stay here again unless I had no choice.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear SarahandChris

Thank you for your review. . I note that you were disappointed with the temperature in your room on this occasion and I offer my sincere apologies. I will ensure that maintenance are aware there was an issue that night. You may like to hear howeve, that we are currently undergoing many exciting improvements in the hotel, which include new taps, showers and other fitments and our Bar Lounge area is also undergoing a makeover in the next couple of months.

I also noted your comment with regard to our encouraging our customers to speak directly to us should they have any concerns or issues they wish to bring to our attention. This is to ensure transparency in our customer service, as it is only by receiving feedback such as yours, that we can improve on our service and standards.

We do hope you will return at some time in the future, in order to enjoy our much improved product.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We attended a recent function at the hotel to celebrate a family members 80th birthday on 8th February.
The function preparation that had gone into making the night run so smoothly and without any glitch needs to be highlighted.
Whoever had help plan and co-ordinator the birthday needs applauding for as everyone said how spot on it all was.
The buffet food was lovely and everyone was certainly enjoying themselves.
They was staff on hand throughout the night also who helped with making sure it was a great birthday to remember.

Good work needs to be awarded. We would certainly look at coming to you for any private parties we have of our own.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Rachel_L612

Thank you for your very kind review of our hotel. My team and I were very grateful for your comments, and we are delighted that you found everything to your satisfaction and had an enjoyable time at your function.

We hope that you will visit us again soon, you will be made most welcome.

Kind Regards