“Needs improvement”

Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Needs improvement”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Arrived 4 March. Staff are very friendly. Ameneties are ok. However, the restaurant needs a lot of work. I am here until 29 March (still here), and so far, I have had to complain about the restaurant food 3 times, and got burned on a metal curry dish, which no one advised was hot, let alone white hot. Thank God it wasn't put in front of a child. I was offred a free bottle of wine, would be served with my meal the following Sunday night by the team lead, but I have never seen it, or been asked if I was ok by the same team lead since.
Medium Rare steak was well done, was served lettuce that was going brown, ordered a sticky toffee pudding with caramel sauce and received Pecan pie. I could have excused this if pecan pie was on the menu as a possible mistake, but it wasn't even on the menu.
Overall not impressed as this is supposed to be a Hilton Hotel.
Final comment is that the staff are very friendly and always ready to help.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 21 March 2014

A good Hotel to use as a base to visit Bletchley Park. A very worthwhile and interesting place to see. The breakfast was of the usual high quality of a Hilton Hotel and the evening meal was good but service a bit slow.

Copthorne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We have just returned from our yearly club gathering at the hotel.
On arrival we found the reception staff very friendly, sorted our room and gave us our keys.
Nothing was too much for them, the bar staff, the health spa staff which made the weekend stay
enjoyable. We would recommend the hotel on the hospitality of the staff.
Saturday afternoon we started to set up the room we were allocated, the staff were very helpful, made us a drink. Grant and Thea have been there for the last few years and recognised us which was lovely. Sean the manager of the banqueting side was a fine
example of his job. We hope the
Hilton will recognise these hard
working individuals and will pass on our comments. Thank you also to the waiting staff and kitchen staff for an excellent evening and meal.
We will see them again next March for our 5th year.
Thank you again to everybody for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed March 2014
Ahmet D, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Ratch1

It was great to see you all again on your 4th year of visiting. I was delighted to hear that as usual you had a great time and found all the staff friendly and helpful and recognised some familiar faces from past visits, who will indeed by recognised for their dedication to our guests.

We all look forward to seeing you again next year, and welcoming you back to the hotel.

suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The hotel is very nice and modern and clean. We used the pool, jacuzzi and sauna and steam room which are all excellent. The staff were really friendly, helpful and accomodating. The room was clean and comfy. It didn't have a mirror where I could sit and do my hair and make up. The breakfast was self services with lots of choice and very nice. We went into milton keynes on the saturday evening which was a short taxi ride away. Unfortunately we had very noisy guests in the room next door and corridor which spoilt an otherwise restful weekend. I attended a conference in the hotel on the sunday and the facilities for this were excellent. I wouldn't worry about upgrading room though. We did get an early check in and late check out as requested.

Dear Sharon F

Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay at the hotel.

I was very pleased to hear that you found our facilities excellent, and that you stay was comfortable and relaxing. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast experience. I will certainly look into your improvement point regarding the siting of the mirrors in our rooms. You may be interested to hear that we have already started making improvements to areas of the hotel, which is ongoing.

I hope that you will visit us again soon, you will be made most welcome.

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Good hotel in a good location, about 5 minute drive from the city center. The facilities are very good with a pool, sauna and hot tub at no extra charge. Even though I did not eat from the resturant, the food looked good.

Dear Anil J

Thank you for your great review. I was delighted that you found everything to your satisfaction, and I do hope that you will visit us again soon and try out are great restaurant menu's.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed here for one night, the room was nice and big and very clean. Bed was very comfortable and the room had a big tv with lots of channels. Ordered room service for dinner which was nice. Staff were very friendly. Overall a great hotel. Would stay here again. The only two things I didn't like was the wifi was £15 for 24 hours which I think is far too expensive. Second thing is breakfast was included but to have it in your room it was an extra £12pp!!! I didn't get chance to use the pool but I'm hoping I get to stay here again and try it out!

• Stayed March 2014
manchester
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed at Hotel for 1 night for business reasons. Not impressed with any aspect of the hotel whatsoever. Staff, food, pool, rooms - all very basic and not to the standard to some of the other Hilton Hotels i have stayed at.
Also couldnt get a mobile signal in bedroom and had to spemd £38 using room phone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear WEVSI

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to hear that you had a problem with your mobile phone signal in your room and will ask our Telecomms company to check this, as we have had no other similar problems reported. You may also be interested to hear that we have are undergoing some refurbishment works to many parts of the hotel, and I hope that you will visit us again in order to enjoy and see the improved facilities.