“Seriously let down by rip-off WiFi prices”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Seriously let down by rip-off WiFi prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Room comfortable and quiet. Very cramped working area. Nice friendly staff.

Gloomy lighting, with curtains that guarantee you up with the sunrise. They didn't service my room on Monday.

Seriously let down for working by rip-off WiFi pricing. Saying that it would be free if I had a Gold/Diamond card holders does not cut it. It is still an outrageous price - much more for a day than a normal price for a month. Hilton is clearly coy about it because the web site keeps it a secret.

Says "The guest rooms are all bright and attractively decorated, and fully-connected with WiFi and 32-inch TVs."
Means "The guest rooms are all bright (no they are gloomy) and attractively decorated (included), and fully-connected with WiFi (expensive) and 32-inch TVs.(included)"

The careful mixing of normal stuff and WiFi misleads you into thinking WiFi is included.

First business trip to a Hilton for ages. Bad mistake. I'm certainly not switching based on this experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Richard H

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to hear of your disappointment with the decor in your room. We do have an ongoing refurbishment programme where many of our rooms have seen redecoration and other enhancements, and I am sorry that the room you were allocated did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Along with Hilton Brand hotels in the UK, we do offer free WiFi in the rooms to our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members, and you may also consider joining our loyalty program in order to enjoy the many benefits, if you are a frequent visitor to the hotels.

We do also provide free Wifi in our lounge area and various hot spots, to all guests staying in the hotel via a code available from Reception.

Once again, thank you for your review, and I do hope that you will consider using Hilton Hotels in the future.

Ahmet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
Dorchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I booked a double room for an amazing £47 online, excluding breakfast. The location is a bit out of the way, you need to drive to go anywhere. But it is a fine modern 4 star, and it's quiet. The staff were pleasant. My only gripe is that wifi in your room is an extra £15, which seems ridiculous.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Lewis B

Thank you for sharing experience of your stay with others on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to hear that you found a good rate and that you enjoyed our facilities and found our staff pleasant.

Along with other hotels in the Hilton Brand, we do offer free WiFi in the rooms to our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members, and you may also consider joining our loyalty scheme in order to enjoy the many benefits, if you are a frequent visitor to the hotels. However, we do also provide free Wifi in our lounge area and various hot spots, to all guests staying in the hotel via a code available from Reception.

Once again, thank you for your very kind comments, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

milton keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

this was my second biz trip to same place, uk. i stayed hilton milton keynes 13 nights half year ago and 12 nights for this trip. staff of this hotel were really kind and always tried makes me comfortable. i got 2 free bottle water for hhonors club benefit when i checked in. cleaning service was also good. breakfast...was.. perfect. i do want to stay here again when i go there. thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Sulki Y

I was delighted to hear that you have stayed with us in the past and decided to revisit the Hilton Milton Keynes. My team join me in thanking you for your very kind comments, and it is great news to hear that you will be visiting us again in the future. You will be made most welcome!!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Booked this hotel as part of a package deal to visit Bletchley park so was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.
Firstly I would like to say the hotel staff were the friendliest I have ever met. Every member of staff we met from the leisure team to housekeeping, reception and restaurant was polite, attentive and helpful. It made a refreshing change and I feel that there hard work and effort be recognised.
Hotel facilities are excellent. We made full use of the pool and spa and it was lovely. Towels were provided. The hotel was immaculately clean throughout and the bedroom was large and modern. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was quiet so had a very good nights sleep.
Food at dinner and breakfast excellent and tasty with a great selection to chose from.
Would 100% rebook if in the area again. Thanks

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank vickyspike
Dear vickyspike

I was pleased to read your comments with regard to your stayover in Milton Keynes. My team were delighted to hear that you found them friendly, attentive, and helpful and it was our pleasure to have welcomed you to our hotel.

We hope to see you again soon!

Wirral
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Apart from it's remoteness from anything like a town centre this hotel is very nice. Our room 132 was very clean, well equiped and has a cracking big TV for the England game! We were on the ground floor but far enough from the reception & bar so it was nice and quiet. Nice comfy bed so a good nights sleep was had.

Used the swimming pool, suana and steam room on the Saturday afternoon. Very good, although changing room, was very small and the lack of private changing booths was a bit unusual.

The food and restaurant were very good, enjoyed both the buffet dinner and breakfast. Staff were very helpful, gave us a map and instructions to find Bletchley Park (less than 10 minutes away) entrance to which was part of the package my wife had booked. Can't think of any reason I'd want to rush back to MK, but if I did I'd stay here again.

1 Thank Fetlar13
Dear Fetlar13

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our facilities clean and welcoming.

We enjoyed have you as a guest and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I usually refuse to stay in Hilton hotels but my husband loves a gym!?!? booked this hotel a few days before as we were going to see a show at MK theatre & thought I'd make a full day of it.
On arrival reception staff sooooo helpful -got a balcony room which I had requested but didn't think I'd get. Husband off to the gym, I sat in the sun with a cold drink. Room very comfy/clean and just as shown on the websites photos. Had a bar snack and drinks in the evening - tasty and good value. Brekki in the morning as good as any other hotel - full English/cold meats/cereal etc.
Good value and would stay again & close to Central MK.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room, there are only a few.
2 Thank jo h
Dear jo h

Many thanks for your fantastic review of our hotel. I was very pleased to hear that we have tempted you back to Hilton Hotels and that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay during your trip to Milton Keynes.

You can always be sure of a warm and friendly welcome at our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Knutsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We found our room (252) to be quite acceptable. It was clean and comfortable, although a bit dated. The bathroom was fine with a good shower and plenty of towels and accessories.
The staff are well trained and very pleasant and helpful. The bar area was a pleasant surprise, being inviting and comfortable. We couldn't fault breakfast and the buffet diinner (hot & cold) was delicious with plenty of choice.
Overall, for this type of edge of town modern hotel, it compares favourably with the competition. Travelodge is absolutely not in the same league.

Room Tip: If you're not happy with your room ask to change it for a better one !
1 Thank ron c
Dear ron c

It was a pleasure to read your refreshing review of the hotel, and I was delighted that you found our staff well trained, pleasant and helpful and that you enjoyed the food and facilities.

We appreciated your kind words, and very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.