Hilton Milton Keynes
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$78
  • Restaurant
Novotel Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$69
Novotel
Mercure Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$104
Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$105
Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$82
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$165
Priceline
Peartree Lodge Waterside(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$64
Chicheley Hall(Chicheley)
US$87
US$74
Agoda.com
US$108
Travelodge Milton Keynes Old Stratford(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
1,613 results
All reviewsopen universitybletchley parkbusiness hotelrestaurant staffone night staybreakfast was excellentan overnight staybar and restaurantgood nights sleepgym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Having recently stayed here I felt compelled to write a review - not to get a ‘gesture of goodwill’ - so please excuse the vagueness of the details of our stay. More than anything I would really like my points to be noted and improvements made.

Firstly, the restaurant is not open as advertised. It closes at 9pm not 10pm as stated on both the website and literature in the room. If it has been like this for a while (which I am led to believe is true) then why not update the information to reflect this? Yes, there is food available in the bar but there are very few suitable tables to eat at, making the only other option room service.

Next, the wifi. Extortionate describes it quite well - £14.99 per day! Free wifi for loyalty card holders doesn’t really cut it, especially when most other hotels offer free wifi in all areas. Connection is shocking too, keeps dropping and having to reconnect and enter password again and again. Disappointing.

The rooms - tired, shabby, neglected, poorly equipped, not that clean. Our ‘suite’ was a disappointment, the only positive being the size of the room. The bed was creaky, carpet dirty (old), furniture dated. Lack of sockets made it impossible to plug in and charge all the necessary tech that everyone brings on a trip these days - some of the sockets are a different shape only to fit the lamps, just one socket by one side of the bed. Even the hotel alarm clock wasn’t on the bedside table - it was next to the tv on the other side of the room!!! I couldn’t dry my hair in front of a mirror as there wasn’t a socket close enough to plug it in nearby. No fridge/minibar in the room either - not that bothered about the minibar but lack of fridge is a shame especially in warmer weather.

The bathroom didn’t even have a dental kit, nor did reception - £3 for a toothbrush in the lovely vending machine didn’t really add to the Hilton experience we are usually accustomed to. Lack of tumbler to put toothbrushes in meant we only had one glass to drink from - we had hoped housekeeping might give us another but no (yes we could have asked for one but we never saw anyone to ask). Across the entirety of our stay the toilet roll was not replaced, in the end we helped ourselves from a housekeeping trolley in the corridor!

The toilet in our room was constantly running water (yes we could have reported it, but didn’t really want to have people in the room while we were out) - we had hoped housekeeping would notice and alert someone to fix it, but no!

No air conditioning, meaning the rooms are very hot in warmer weather. Not particularly impressed to come back after a day out to find our window left open by housekeeping - it was very difficult to close without slamming very hard and meant there were more insects in the room to get caught in the cobwebs!

Sadly housekeeping is letting this hotel down. Our room was not very clean, there were many cobwebs around the coving, one of which had a crispy daddy-long-legs caught in it. The bathroom floor needed a good sweep and the carpet in the room was stained and didn't feel very clean either. The bed was ’made’ one day looking like someone had just got up from one side - it seemed one side was made and the other the duvet just pulled over - the bottom sheet was wrinkled and the pillow hadn’t even been plumped! The stairways between floors smell damp, the carpet is disgusting in these and we observed litter left in these for days at a time before being removed.

The hotel only seems to own one luggage trolley. It had vanished into thin air on the day we were checking out, so we had to make a number of trips backwards and forwards from room to car to take all the luggage out - there is also no concierge to help so if the trolley is there then be prepared to manoeuvre it yourself to your room.

Now to the positives!

The staff in this hotel are excellent. Nothing is too much trouble, they are all pleasant and polite and very helpful. To be honest they make this hotel, and don’t fit the impression you get from the rooms. This applies to reception, bar and restaurant staff alike.

The food is also good here, although at times there seems to be some poetic licence taken with the menu. The same meal ordered on different nights was completely different (good but different!). There is a good spread at breakfast and quite a choice on both the bar and restaurant menus - plenty enough for all to be satisfied.

In summary, it would be offensive to Travelodge/Premier Inn to compare this hotel’s rooms to theirs (as I would say they both are better), but this hotel is more Travelodge/Premier Inn than it is Hilton. The staff and food do deserve this name, but work is needed on the rest. Won’t be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank R155
ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear R155

Firstly, thank you for your kind comments with regards to our friendly, polite and helpful staff. Your feedback was greatly appreciated by the team here.

I was concerned to hear that you suffered a few housekeeping shortcomings in your room, and I am currently looking into all Housekeeping processes, in order that corrective action takes place for future stays and that we meet our guests expectations every time.

Our Housekeeping team are trained to report all maintenance issues promptly, and I apologise that there was a problem with the cistern in your room. Furthermore, all our rooms are equipped with 10 sockets, 5 of which service the bedside lighting and 5 are situated either side and underneath the desks.

My Housekeeping Manager apologises if some items were not replenished during your stay, however for your convenience there is a button on the telephone to dial Housekeeping for any extra's you may need such as dental kits, which are available on request.

As with many other UK hotels, we do not currently have air conditioning in the hotel bedrooms, and I am sorry if the use of the fan provided during the recent spell of hot weather, was insufficient for your comfort on this occasion.

I have checked our website, with regard to Restaurant times, and although it was correctly updated at the time of change, I apologise if this was not clearly displayed in your room at the time of your stay. We do have the times of the Restaurant displayed around the hotel, and our Reception team are trained to relay this information to our guests at the time of check-in.

Thank you for your feedback with regard to the food, and I am pleased that you enjoyed the quality of our menu. I have asked our Head Chef to ensure the presentation remains consistent, in order that we continue to delight our guests with the new menu.

The hotel does have a luggage trolley, available if guests prefer to take their own luggage to their rooms, however, any member of the team will assist with luggage at any time.

I do hope that we can tempt you back to the hotel, and as we are unable to contact you personally via the Trip Advisor site, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any further assistance, as it is only by receiving valuable feedback such as yours that we can improve on our service and standards.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I am here for work every week and try as often as possible to stay in the Hilton. It is my favourite hotel in the area, the staff are extremely welcoming and always willing to help - even with some last minute requests! The breakfast is excellent and the beds are very comfy. As I am here for work, the gym is really handy, not the biggest, but ideal for what I am after. The pool is small but good for a relax and also has a Jacuzzi. It feels very cosy and welcoming every time I stay, plus I enjoy my little diamond hilton gifts. Thanks to everyone there! Rob

2  Thank Robert N
ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Robert N

I was delighted to hear that as a regular and loyal guest, we are your first choice of hotel in Milton Keynes, and I have passed your kind comments on to my team, which have been gratefully received.

It is always my pleasure to welcome you to the hotel, and it is good to hear that you always find everything to your satisfaction.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Upon checking in I wandered 100m down the corridor to room 134. Was greeted by a room with two plug sockets, one at the desk, one behind the door (so effectively pointless) the solitary useful plug is used for the clock, kettle and any of your own things. God forbid you want to iron a shirt whilst your laptop and mobile are charging, whilst knowing what time it is and waiting for the kettle to boil.
The plug in the sink was stuck down so water didn't drain away, the safe was locked shut, the TV reception was shocking, wifi was basically non-existent. The night manager (David) couldn't give a toss and actually shrugged his shoulders.
The nighttime bar staff were actually very helpful, as were the day staff. I was promptly offered a new room and a complimentary meal / bottle (graciously refused with thanks).
In summary, this hotel should be transported to Blackpool, in 1978.
If you want a really sub-standard experience please book this hotel, you'll have a great time. If on the other hand you are human, please find a nice bush / bus stop / wheelie bin and sleep there. It'll have better facilities, you'll be more comfortable and less disappointed.
At least a wheelie bin calls itself a wheelie bin. This wheelie bin calls itself a hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank StephenC1980

Dear StephenC1980

I am pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful and that you were offered a room move on reporting some shortcomings during your stay.

I can confirm that we do have five sockets in the bedroom, and can only apologise if these were not visible on entering the room. They are conveniently situated under the desk area and on either side of the desk.

All our sockets are UK standard and there are further sockets by the bedside, however these ones are for the lights and standard lamp only.

On hearing about your experience via our Guest Assistance team, I believe we have responded and sent a personal apology to you.

Once again, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, as it is only by receiving feedback such as yours that we can improve on our service and standards, and I sincerely trust that our personal response and gesture of goodwill went some way in easing your disappointment.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice Hotel with very good rooms. The bed, en-suite, TV, shower all good.
The bar, gym and restaurant are also very good. The staff are also friendly - maybe overly (floating meter and greeters) so in an American way which is a little off putting for us Brits maybe
So far so good.
£15 a day for wi-fi in your room!!!! Not happy with that at all.
Also a bottle of water in your room - be careful as it is £3.95. This is not mentioned on arrival, nor in your greeting letter. It is on a tag on the bottle. Now I know I should have read the label but I didn't. When my colleagues were discussing the water I realised my error and asked the desk not charge me for my mistake which they kindly did. BUT I asked how often this happens and was told once a week - so if once a week they don't charge how much do they make on this from unsuspecting people?
I probably would not stay again because of the wi-fi.

1  Thank DavidHarvey95

Dear DavidHarvey95

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. I was pleased that you found our facilities good and staff friendly.

We do have large bottles of water available to purchase in the guest bedrooms, along with other Hilton Brands, and this is a standard across our chain. We also have smaller bottles of water to purchase on our Reception desk. I am sorry if the label was unclear, however I am pleased that our friendly Reception team, acknowledged and rectified this for you.

Hilton in the UK, do offer free WiFi in the rooms to our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members, and if you are a frequent visitor to the hotels, you may also consider joining our loyalty program. It is free and enables you to enjoy other benefits of being a member.

We do also provide free Wifi in our lounge area and various hot spots, to all guests staying in the hotel via a code available from Reception.

Once again, thank you for your review, and I do hope that you will consider using Hilton Hotels in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Clean, modern, good breakfasts, pleasant staff, but expensive. Don't sign the £50 per day charge on your credit card and don't believe what you are told when yoour room key fails repeatedly unless you are in the habit of keeping it next to your mobile/laptop.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Michael G

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to hear that you found our facilities good and staff pleasant. As with all hotels, there is a standard pre-authorisation of credit/debit facilities on check-in for essentials/incidentals charged to your room. This is held and released by your bank according to the bank's procedures.

I was concerned to hear of the problem you had accessing your room with your key. although we had no other reports of room keys failing on that day, I will however, ask my Facilities Manager to check our system for any faults. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this caused on this occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Milton Keynes at some time in the future.