“stay before my daughters wedding” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Milton Keynes

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
manchester
“stay before my daughters wedding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

this review is late but must have my say. my daughters wedding was may we stayed here on the 17-8-14 the day before the wedding and i have to say the hotel stay was great the rooms were very big and comfortable clean and well stocked. the check -in was fast. the breakfast the next day was good and fresh for not much extra cost £10.00. i have to say they were very accommodating to my family and my daughter who's wedding was not in the hotel. they allowed us to keep our rooms until ready to leave for the wedding at no extra cost so I thank you Hilton Hotel very much.
If i was ever needing to stay in Milton Keynes i would use this hotel again. ps it had a very good small spa with pool which i used the pool with my granddaughter while the wedding preparations were taking place.P.S.S don't use mini bar or bottled water in room very pricey only draw back

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank supermam44
ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Supermam44

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel. I was delighted to hear that we helped to make the wedding arrangements go smoothly, and that you enjoyed your breakfasts.

I look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

ADonmez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
LUTON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have already made my views known in the survey. My experience was average / poor. I do not want to go back there again unless there was real improvements in customer relations. Only the restaurant staff were friendly and courteous. It is a pity that they have excellent restaurant staff but the rest of the bunch spoil it all. I may return there just to enjoy the services given by the restaurant staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear fiilUTON

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I was concerned to hear about your check-in experience, and this is being addressed, as we like to see all our guests leave here happy.

Unfortunately, as with many UK hotels we do not have air conditioning in the hotel, and I can only apologise that the use of the fan provided was not sufficient for your comfort during this spell of particularly hot weather.

However, I was pleased to hear from my Duty Manager, that you found our staff, team and food excellent and enjoyed our location.

I also believe that we have already personally responded to you with a gesture of goodwill in order to ease your disappointment on this occasion, and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for one night in July on business.
Check in fine and room nice and large and modern. window was hard to close but hey I did it.
Food on room service was fine.
Slept very well and quick check out with them emailing the receipt. Or should have been as I had to call and request this be sent to me.
Would stay again but I did feel was a tad expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SteBrizz
ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear SteBrizz

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I was pleased to hear that you found everything satisfactory, and enjoyed your room and facilities, and most importantly had a good night's sleep. We are based just out of town, and our guests often comment on the peace and quiet of our countryside location, despite being only a short ride into Central Milton Keynes.

I was sorry to hear that you did not receive your invoice promptly. We do email out invoices to every guest who uses our convenient Express Checkout Service. Unfortunately, on this occasion, after two attempts to send out your invoice, it was returned to us as 'undeliverable' from your email address. If you would kindly contact the hotel to clarify your email details, we will of course forward your invoice immediately.

It was great to hear that you would stay with us again and please look out for the many deals available from the Hilton website.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Attended this hotel for one night, as a meeting was being held there.
Easy parking, loads of spaces.
Check-in very easy - though my room, at 4 pm wasn't ready - a little strange.......though when I suggested I wait in the bar with a coffee, they provided me with that free of charge. I even changed my mind to have a lager - still complimentary. Always a surprise when these things happen, and the little touches like this mean so much.
When I did get to my room - very spacious.....I upgraded to a Queen Hilton deluxe - well worth it. Loved the space the room afforded.
Room itself a little bland, a little dated, but very clean and comfortable - it's own sofa. Always handy when you stay away, so you can sit in comfort for a while.
Evening meal in the restaurant with group of 12 - no complaints. Not the best food, not the worst. was ok. Wine choice - only one bottle Prosecco!! I am a fan of this drink, drink it everywhere - not pleased that a hotel like this only had one bottle (and I had to share it!!)
Breakfast - standard. By that I mean as you would expect, not complaining, good food. Service a little slow, but friendly.
The meeting we had there during the next day. The lunch provided for the delegates was excellent. Very varied and full menu. Something for everyone - meet, vegetarian, hot, cold, snack, meal - very, very good. One of the best conference lunches I have had.
All-in-all very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gunny001
ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Gunny001

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel via Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read your detailed review of our facilities and very pleased to hear that you had a comfortable, pleasant stay at the hotel.

Although we do have a choice of sparkling wines, I am sorry that the popularity of your first choice, resulted in low stocks that evening.

I was also pleased to hear that you found your food and dining experience was good, and I shared your kind comments with the team, which were gratefully received.

I do hope that you will visit us again soon, you will be made most welcome.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My room (321) was shabby and not properly clean. It also didn't have air conditioning and so was boiling hot. when I asked to be moved I was told that all the rooms were the same, none had air conditioning but I could have a second fan (a small 6 " desk fan) ....as if that would have made a difference :(

There is also no mini bar / fridge in the room - again a surprise for this level of hotel

I rather felt like I'd accidentally booked myself into a rather average conference centre or student halls of residence room, even the room for a recent premier inn stay was better

Sadly the hotel is a far cry from how lovely and helpful some of the staff are. And it's also a shame because it's set in a very quiet and green location

My advice - only consider staying in the winter when being warm is a plus and only if the likes of the premier inn and other 3x and 4x hotels are full

Sorry Hilton - normally your hotels are great but the infrastructure of this one leaves big gap in expectations and although I hear there is a rolling program of refurbishment it's not addressing basics like aircon

Stayed August 2014
Dear JetsetChick_2U

Thank you for your review, and your kind comments about the helpfulness of the team here. However I was sorry to hear that your room did not entirely meet your expectations.

All our rooms are serviced and cleaned by our room attendants, and then checked again by Housekeeping Supervisors, before occupancy, and I do sincerely apologise if there were shortcomings not reported, or picked up during your stay.

Hilton Hotels across the Select Division in the UK, do not have fridges in any of the guest bedrooms, and as with many UK hotels, we do not currently have air conditioning in the bedrooms, and I can only apologise if the use of the fan provided did not meet your comfort during the recent spell of unusually hot weather. I noted that you requested a room move, as I'm sure we could have arranged to move you to a cooler side of the building, had a room been available.

I am pleased that you found our location attractive, and I do hope that you will visit us again at some time in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Milton Keynes hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

On arrival our check in was quick & simple, receptionist gave us lots of information on the bar, breakfast etc. complimentary access to gym & pool. Our room was really modern & comfy & clean, towels & toiletries changed each day, very happy - would book again.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank SunSeeker1612
Dear SunSeeker1612

I was delighted to hear that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay at our hotel. The team here work hard to ensure that all our guests leave here happy, and they join me in thanking you for your kind review, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards
Suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We used this hotel for an overnight stay whilst visiting Bletchley Park. The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff very efficient and friendly. A good choice of food in the restaurant and excellent breakfast. There is a small swimming pool which we did not have the chance to use

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Alan889
ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Alan889

Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to hear that you found our staff and facilities excellent, and it was our pleasure to welcome you to the hotel during your trip to Bletchley Park.

Please do visit us again soon, it was lovely to be able to share our Hilton hospitality with you.