“Good place to stay near London”

Hilton Milton Keynes
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed 1 September 2014

As I have stayed in this hotel for two weeks, I can strongly reccomend it for persons who prize quiteness and easy access to nearby towns and to the capital of UK. Great level of service, good breakfasts.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Agata B

Thank you for your review. I was happy to hear that your two week stay was pleasant and that you felt looked after by our great team and enjoyed our breakfasts.

We are conveniently located to the City Centre and to the Central Rail link to London, and I am pleased that you would recommend us to others.

Please be assured of a warm welcome, when you next stay in Hilton Milton Keynes.

ADonmez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,600)

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Stayed 1 night last weekend in a junior suite as paid for upgrade. Receptionist was curt and rude but ok maybe it had been a long day! Took what looked like a service lift to our floor and literally all along the corridor to our room (at 4.30in the afternoon) was debris of empty bottles , plates , food etc outside most rooms including ours. Decor was awful , bathroom basic with pathetic shower over bath and no fridge ! Bathrobes ( with suite) not there but arrived later and handed over in the plastic sheets. At least bed clean and relatively comfortable and breakfast good although staff struggled with the English language. Definitely a Hilton to avoid ..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shirley P
ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Shirley P

I was most concerned to hear about your disappointing experience, and following your feedback, I have spent considerable time with both my Housekeeping Department and Front Office teams, who will ensure that this does not happen again, as the experience you described is certainly not to our usual high standards.

It is only by receiving feedback such as yours, that we can improve on our service and standards, and I do hope that this unfortunate incidence will not deter you from using our hotel in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 28 August 2014

probably the best team of staff I've experienced at a hotel. would recommend if you are stating close to Woburn for the safari park, or in Milton Keynes itself. The buffet breakfst was excellent, and wjhen my daughter asked for a bolied egg to be made separately, the chef was more than happy to provide immediately in a very busy breakfast room

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear michael w

Thank you very much for your excellent review of our hotel. I have shared your kind comments with my staff, which were most gratefully received. I was pleased to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your breakfast, and I hope that you will visit Milton Keynes again in the future and pay us another visit, as you will be made most welcome.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Rough around the edges, no air-conditioning in the guest bedrooms, and the hotel corridor would benefit benefit from a lick of paint in places, bathrooms although clean the ventilation system needs looking at . If the air-con is put into guest rooms I would stay again

Room Tip: Rooms over the portico at the front tend to be noisy and the hotel laundry is at the front of the pr...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Ollie64

Thank you for your review and you may be interested to hear that we do have an ongoing improvement programme at the hotel, where many areas have already undergone refurbishment and other enhancements.

Hilton Hotels across the Select Division in the UK, do not have air conditioning in any of the guest bedrooms, and I can only apologise if the use of the fan provided did not meet your comfort during the recent spell of adverse hot weather.

Please be assured that the background music issue above Reception has been addressed, and this should not cause disturbance for future stays, and I apologise if this was an issue during your stay.

It is only by receiving feedback such as yours that we can improve on our service and standards, so once again, thank you for your review and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

If you think this is a 'full service Hilton' then think again. The hotel is very dated, no air con in this level of hotel is unacceptable. The beds are rock hard & very uncomfortable, Reminded me of where Alan Partridge's stayed A Travel Tavern in the 90s.

Staff on checkin were helpful, but after that there was a bit of unhelpfulness. Restaurant staff were very helpful especially the chef who was front of house.

Off to stay elsewhere tomorrow night.

Room Tip: If its warm don't bother coming, or if you want a comfy bed - Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Graham R

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to hear that you found are Reception, Restaurant and Kitchen staff helpful. However, I was concerned to hear that your room temperature was uncomfortable, during the recent spell of hot weather, and that the use of the fan provided was insufficient on that evening. As with many UK hotels, we do not currently have airconditioning as standard in the guest bedrooms. We have recently replaced all our bed and mattresses, therefore I can only apologise that you found the bed was not to your personal comfort.

I was also disappointed to hear that you felt the hotel lacked the usual conveniences, as all our rooms are set up and equipped to normal Hilton standards, however I do sincerely apologise if you felt there were items missing. Our Duty Manager would certainly have ensured that your room was prepared to your satisfaction, or arranged a room move, if your disappointment been brought to our attention at the time, as we like to see all our guests leave here happy.

Once again, my apologies for not meeting your expectations on this occasion, and should you stay with us again, please let me know in order that we can ensure you a better experience next time.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Beds were really comfy, décor was a little dated. Slow to check in. Room 102 was close to reception although it was a little noisy. Lots of parking available Watch the speed bumps! Close to Mk city centre and Ikea.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
ADonmez, Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Daniel B

Thank you for you review. I was pleased that you had a comfortable night in our hotel, and that you found the parking and facilities convenient.

We look forward to seeing you again, next time to you stay in Milton Keynes.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

booked this hotel as stayed at others and there normaly ok ,parked up and looked at hotel and straight away thought this looks like a travel lodge as in basic ! checked in at reception , £238 for 2 nights , then walked to small dirty lift and my thoughts changed to , this is not like the other hiltons ,got in to room where it had old furniture in the room , and i looked at the bed and thought thats old ,and put my hand on the matress and it was terrible the spings were nearly coming through the matress material it was bad , conpained the reception, and they said that all the beds in the hotel were the same but i said they are so worn and old they needed to be thrown away so i tried another room and yes they were the same i could not believe the hilton had beds like this , the reception said that they were ok, and she had slept in one of the room and it was fine ,i have only seen matress like this on a rubbish dump i still am gobsmacked that people are putting up with beds like this they were all crunching when you sat on them and you could feel the spings through ,and as the bed is the main part of the room i am shocked .i got my money to be put back on my card and said i will never return and would not recomend anyone the stay there unless they like to lay on a bed of nails at night or they want to pay for a bad sleep.. this was bad for my wife and myself as we had to find another hotel in a sort time but could not sleep on those horrible beds, and the staff were not helpfull as i conplained , a waste of my time and money hilton hotel milton keynes

Room Tip: N/A on this horrible hilton
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nobbydig

Dear nobbyydig

Thank you for your review. I have noted your comments with regard to the furniture in the guest bedroom . You may be interested to hear that we do have a refurbishment programme at the hotel, where many of our rooms have already had new furniture and fitments and this will be ongoing in 2014. However, I was sorry to hear that you found the bed uncomfortable. All the beds in our rooms have only recently been replaced, therefore I can only apologise that this one did not meet your expectations. We could certainly have arranged a room move had you preferred, however I see from your feedback that you were given a refund from our Receptionist, to ease your disappointment, and I trust that this went some way in restoring your faith in our hotel and brand.

Once again thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.

Regards
ADonmez

It is only by receiving feedback such as yours that we can improve on our service and standards, so once again, thank you for completing the survey, and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ahmet Donmez