1,693 results
All reviews open university bletchley park business hotel restaurant staff one night stay breakfast was excellent an overnight stay bar and restaurant good nights sleep gym
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

My first time ever at this Hilton. Admittedly we booked rather late (a few hours before we wanted to arrive) due to traveling and not knowing if we would make it. After staying at the Maidstone Hilton the night before I had high hopes.

My colleague and I arrived to be told we had the last two rooms and one was a disabled room and not very nice (to actually be told that on arrival puts you off immediately)

My colleague is a diamond member so usually we get a drink each on arrival as part of that. We arrive just before 11pm go to use our vouchers to then be told I cannot have a spirit only beer or wine (never known this previously at other Hiltons) to then be told I cannot pay in cash either as they’ve taken the till off early. Slightly annoying....

The bathroom smells really damp but the rest of the room was clean.
However now it’s almost 2am after a 12hr day driving and I am laid in bed struggling to sleep due to the bed being ridiculously uncomfortable and squeaking so loudly each time I move.

The staff were helpful but I must say my experience tonight has really put me off & I certainly won’t be choosing this particular hotel again when in the area.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DanB2958
marksmith1407, General Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear DanB2958

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. I fully understand your thoughts in terms of the rooms available to you and how they were described, and without knowing specific details we may only have had an accessible room available as part of your booking. We normally move from cash to room charge only after 11pm, however we should have demonstrated more flexibility, and I apologise for the inconvenience caused. I take on board your comments relating to the comfortability of the bed too.

If I can be of any other assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

To start with I must say that I agree with other posts in saying that the hotel is a little tired in areas and the bathroom we had was definitely in need of an update (seen better bbathrooms in £19 budget hotels). That aside it is a nice hotel, the room was lovely and clean and the towels and bed linen were sparkling white. As it was our anniversary we returned from our venture out to a bottle of Prosecco on ice and some cakes which is a very nice touch (and very much appreciated). Breakfast was amazing and they even have a diy waffle station. The hotel is within easy driving distance of all Milton Keynes has to offer and would stay again if in the area.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jon K

Thank you for taking the time to post a really nice review on your recent stay with us, it is very much appreciated.

I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Stayed there for the first time last week - tried the doubletree MK dons stadium last time it was OK but evrywhere you wanted to go you had to literally walk around the bleeding stadium.

So I though I would give this Hilton a try this time, downside, its tired the decor is a bit dated, the room furniture is well dated BUT its all in good working order - the place is very well maintanied most important its very clean.

Reasonable sized room - clean sheets - good bathroom well appointed but dated - its a superficial critique thats all

I had room service, but as my room was close to the bar I ordered it directly - I have to say one of the best room service meals I have ever had - great steak - pepper sauce was perfect.

Staff well the ones I met actually cared about what they were doing which makes a pleasant change.

I travel a lot and good staff and good food are hard to come by - main question would I stay again - very definitely yes - definitely better than the Doubletree down the road

Room Tip: all dated all good
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
marksmith1407, General Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear howie999

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a lovely review on your recent stay with us. The team try very hard to be helpful and friendly and make a positive difference to each and every stay, and its very pleasing to read they have done so for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I booked a deluxe family room for £138 and was expecting a spacious comfortable room. I arrived and was surprised to find a room that looked no different to a standard double other than there being a sofa. It may be a small thing but I'm always disappointed when I can't find a biscuit with the tea making facilities! The room was tired looking.
On the plus side there is a very well equipped gym in the hotel and I happily whiled away some time there.
I went for dinner in the restaurant and whilst the starter was well prepared and tasty. The mains of sous vide lamb was disappointing and I didn't finish it. The mash had been reheated and was gelatinous whilst the lamb could have done with improved seasoning.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank GlasgowCmor
marksmith1407, General Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear GlasgowCmor

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with us. I appreciate and take on board your thoughts on the room, and will feed back your comments on dinner with the team.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

My partner and I generally stay with the Hilton Home or away.. and I genuinely find any Hilton outside of London needs updating and that’s what we found here.

The rooms are extremely basic and need to be brought up to modern times! That being said the room was clean as was the bathroom.

Staff were helpful and friendly and the breakfast was to the usual Hilton standard.

Overall good value for money but needs hauling into the 21 century!

Oh and thanks for the complimentary drinks!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
marksmith1407, General Manager at Hilton Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear SelinaRD

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I fully take on board your feedback, and very pleased to read that your room was clean, that the staff were helpful and friendly, and breakfast was good too.

Hopefully we may see you return in the near future.