“I would definitely go back”

The Different Drummer Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milton Keynes
The Different Drummer Hotel
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
London
“I would definitely go back”
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I didn't stay at the hotel but used it for a function where I entertained about 25 friends and family to a high tea. The food was all freshly made on the day and was delicious. The staff were thoughtful and courteous. When it quickly became apparent that the food would be better served at the tables rather than as a help yourself buffet, the staff quickly set about changing things without any fuss and continued to wait on everyone with a smile on their lips. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brunssum, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 June 2011

If this hotel was £65 a double for B&B it would be good value and pleasant. However when you are paying £90 the double plus £20 for breakfast you would expect a great deal more than you get. I've been in 4* Central London hotels on cheap deals for less. I avoided the Cock Hotel because the Different Drummer seemed a bit more special. It isn't.

This is a characterful Inn on a Provicial Town High St - nothing more. It has uneven stairs and nice bits of art-deco art scattered around. The beds are averagely comfortable and averagely clean. The en suite was tired and a bit grubby. The sash windows were broken but fortunately double glazed.

We were too disapponted to be bothered with breakfast so can't comment, however on the M1 south there is a M&S food services which suited us fine.

Stony Stratford has a few decent pubs and restaurants but it's nothing to see really. I'm sure there are more quaint places to stay with better value hotels.

In short, if your company is paying then fine. If you're paying - don't waste your money.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Co Kerry
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I stayed here for a few nights whilst visitng friends in the local area and thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The hotel offered a very welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. The room was comfy and wi-fi was an added bonus. The Vine wine bar aslo made for a lovely evening out for both food and or drinks in a stylish setting. Thank you for a lovely stay!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Kilburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I stayed with my family at the Different Drummer Hotel whilst visiting friends for the weekend in Milton Keynes. We had a very enjoyable stay and were made to feel very welcome. The room was very comfortable and having wifi was great to help keep the children amused. Situation of the hotel was ideal and very easy to find and local to lots of good family activites which we thoroughly enjoyed. We ate in the restaurant and the food and its presentation were both excellent.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2011

As a regular female, solo business traveller I have to congratulate this hotel on the fabulous service and great atmosphere it provides. All members of staff are extremely polite and cannot do enough for guests to ensure they are happy and feel welcome.

The food, whether an evening meal or full english breakfast, is always cooked to order and of supurb quality using fresh ingrediants.

The rooms themselves are large, clean and have all facilities you need. The large lounge is an excellent area in which to relax on sofas and watch TV or chat with fellow travellers. Alternatively the hotel has free wifi throguhout so if you wish to work from your room then most do have desks supplied.

The high street on which the hotel is located also offers a wide variety of shops, pubs (with regular events) and fabulous range of international cuisine for every taste. For those looking for aboslute tranquility there is a park at the top of the road with footpaths following alongside the canal leading you out into open fields.

Compared to The Cock, Jury's Inn, The Bull this hotel offers fabulous value for money and the location couldn't be better.

Room Tip: Book a double, u r often upgraded to executive!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Glasgow
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Normally I only write a Trip Advisor review if I have a really awful, or a really brilliant experience. In this case, it was really brilliant. From the outset, even just booking the room was a pleasure. Mr Keswani obviously takes a lot of pride in the establishing and in making sure guests are well taken care of.

The room was a pleasant surprise. Not large, but cozy, with a very comfortable bed, and real oak beams adding character. Even better the door opened to a small courtyard between the hotel and the restaurant. Great for al fresco dining or just sitting chilling with a newspaper in the evening sun.

It's also worth mentioning the bar and restaurant. I had to rush to a meeting but I had just enough time to grab lunch. I was glad I did because it was an absolutely cracking Beer Battered Haddock and Chips. The chips in particular were superb. So full complements to the chef!

Breakfast was also great with a tremendous range of cereals, cold meats, etc. in addition to the cooked favourites.

Location wise, the hotel is on the high street but it's further up away from - but within two minutes walking distance - of any hussle and bussle. Rooms are to the rear so it's very quiet.

The Keswani family were great. Very professional but with a genuine warmth and pride that is so charming to see in a family run establishment.

So, all in all highly recommended. I wouldn't spend two seconds thinking where I'll be staying next time I'm in Milton Keynes. It will be at The Different Drummer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard if possible.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Can't fault the location of this hotel as it's right on the high street in Stoney. Parking was either in the small parking area at the back or on the street.
We stayed at the Different Drummer for just one night. We turned up around check-in time and waited outside for a while before the manager arrived. On checking in our method of booking via a discount website was questioned and we were told that we could have had breakfast included for the same price if we had booked with them direct (breakfast was £10 per person extra!). I found this frustrating as I had called the hotel direct and they had given me a higher price, not including breakfast which is why I booked online! Of course I mentioned this to the manager who continued to be surly and obviously wasn't going to believe me us or offer to include the breakfast now. So, bad start as not the best customer service.
Fortunately the room was fine. It was just off the courtyard, of a good size and old style in a way that reminded you that this was an old coaching inn (dark wooden panels, 4 poster bed). The room and ensuite were good and clean. We slept well.
The next morning we checked out and this time two very friendly female staff dealt with us. It was a shame we hadn't encountered them at check-in as it may have led to a more positive experience with the Different Drummer.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
The White Hart
The White Hart
#4 of 4 in Buckingham
Travelodge Milton Keynes Old Stratford
Travelodge Milton Keynes Old Str...
#16 of 34 in Milton Keynes
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
Chicheley Hall
Chicheley Hall
#1 of 1 in Chicheley

Been to The Different Drummer Hotel? Share your experiences!