“Fantastic 3 days”

Inspired Gourmet Cookery School
More attraction details
Owner description: Inspired Gourmet Cookery School offers inspiring and practical cookery courses. At Inspired Gourmet, we have created the perfect domestic cookery environment to help you develop new skills and new recipes that you will love.Our aim is to inspire creativity in the kitchen - your kitchen. All of our courses are friendly and professional, instilling you with confidence and offering you the tuition and time to develop your skills.We offer both day and evening adult cookery courses, children's courses, private cookery parties, corporate events and exclusive local catering services.
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic 3 days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I'm a keen amateur cook and we enjoy hosting the odd dinner party but I've been trying to up my repertoire. I found this place by chance on trip adviser and both myself and my better half decided to do the knife skills course to see what it was like, that evening was a brilliant success and we both took loads of great tips and food away with us.

After the success of the knife skills I took the plunge and decided to do the three day cooking basics, during this time we covered basic butchery and fish preparation, thai spiced food, sauces, stocks and reductions, pastry work, creme pat, custard and ice cream the list goes on, Daves teaching is excellent (far better than his jokes!) but I urge you to go with an appetite as you have to try everything you make, I've taken so much home I wont be cooking for a while.

Overall don't be put off by the price, what you'll take away with you is well worth it, cant wait to book the advanced course.

Cheers Dave and Victoria great three days

1 Thank Marcus R

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“What a fantastic prize”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I won a voucher for two for an evening course at Inspired Gourmet, knew nothing about them and had no preconception or idea what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to be met with a laugh and a joke by Dave, who proceeded to teach us how to make a 3 course Thai meal which was delicious.

Thoroughly enjoyable evening, Dave was brilliant and am now considering going back and paying for a different course

Visited February 2014
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great cookery for Kids and Adults”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

My children have attended a number of courses run by inspired gourmet and at the end of each session they always ask when they are going to go back. The setting is warm and welcoming and layout well thought out.
The children are warmly greeted by Dave and Victoria and other team members, and are able to work with other children their own age allowing them to grow in confidence not only in their cooking skills but also social team building skills as well. This is further endorsed when sitting down to enjoy the fruits of their labour at the dining table where conversation flows and 'Daves' jokes shared. I would thoroughly recommend this for your experience for your children and am looking forward to attending an adult course very soon.

Luton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fantastic gift for children”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Bought my two sons (10 and 12) gift vouchers, they did a 3 hour course in a group of 5 so plenty of one to one help and encouragement. They achieved dishes beyond expectations and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
Victoria and Dave were so welcoming and friendly and made the afternoon a fun and inspiring experience.
I am now looking forward to doing a course myself.

Visited December 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a fantastic evening - a must for any foodie interested in cooking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I was given a voucher for the Gourmet Dinner Party cooking session as a gift and attended it with 2 friends. When we arrived the dining table was set for 3 places, we sat and chatted over coffee with the owner and it became apparent the evening was indeed being held for just the 3 of us so a very personal session with us and the Head Chef, Sam

It was such a fantastic relaxed evening learning knife skills and great food preparation, cooking and plating up techniques. I would highly recommend this course for anyone with an interest in food, you see some demo's, cook each of the 3 courses (starter of mackerel, main of lamb neck fillet followed by egg custard that was to die for!) all under the supervision of the Head Chef then sit and enjoy the plates of food you have cooked - for sure you need to remember to take some plastic tubs to bring home any leftovers, it all tastes so good you will not want to put the left overs in the bin!

Visited December 2013