“Worst meal I have ever had!”

Browns Brasserie & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Browns Brasserie & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 533 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Price range: US$12 - US$36
Cuisines: Bar, European, British
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Browns Brasserie & Bar Milton Keynes is on Midsummer Boulevard, one of the main east-to-west routes of the city. It's a short distance from Milton Keynes Central Station, and is close to the theatre district and Midsummer Place, a shopping mall that houses many top retail outlets. Browns is a spacious restaurant and brasserie with a lovely bar area and a truly relaxing atmosphere. Drop in for coffee or a cold drink to refresh you after a shopping spree, or join us for dinner and cocktails before heading out to the theatre. The perfect place to celebrate a birthday, work party or a Hen do. We can also accommodate private parties for up to 150 people.
“Worst meal I have ever had!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

First of all, I would like to say that I have never ever written a negative review. However the meal I had at Browns this evening was so dissapointing and not edible, that I strongly feel I must share with everyone.

We both had the sea bass which tasted gone off and was dripping with oil. Our sweet potato wedges were simply cut like wedges and was under cooked. The courgettes we had were soaked in oil and were as thin as paper, we only had 2 slices of this. To conclude it was not one bit edible.

The dessert did not make up for the rubbish mains either. I felt completely robbed for paying for this meal. I would not return, nor recommend others.

• Visited July 2013
Scorpionicx, Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Alice0Palace,

Many thanks for taking the time and sharing your thoughts regarding your most recent visit to Browns Restaurant in MK.

I would like to apologise if you felt your food was below your expectations.

Let me assure we only use the best quality ingredients and every food item is freshly cooked.

Let me assure you we do care about what our guests think and we always listen to your comments to improve our standards.

I would appreciate if you could call us on in this number (01908241118) when you can spare a few moments. This will allow me to deal with this effectively and hopefully will allow me to restore your faith with Browns. I am very keen to speak to you and hopefully give me an opportunity to invite you again to Browns MK.

Regards,

Ranjit Singh
01908241118

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“How much?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

The food at Browns in MK seems to vary depending on which night you go - different chefs no doubt. Went last Friday and it was very nice - went last night again and it was decidedly average and the portion sizes are quite small.

However, when we went to the bar afterwards, a 175ml glass of sauvignon blanc was £5! That's what I normally pay for a bottle! No wonder the place was empty and the cheaper bar next door was full to busting. Come on Browns, sort your prices out! Its scandalous.

• Visited July 2013
Milano
“Pub food at its best!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Good food, good service, right beside the Jury Inn hotel, in the Hub. Don't go too late, or book (especially on weekends): it can get busy!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank LaElda
“Bad experience with food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Went last night to this restaurant, nice service and atmosphere. The steak i ordered was dry (asked rare) and had a taste of fish, probably cooked in same place as fish just before. Terrible.

• Visited June 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Awful, Awful & Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

What a disappointment!
We booked to go for a Friend's 40th Birthday & gave our food order in 2 weeks in advance.
This was my first visit to the Restaurant & 1st impressions were great! Lovely looking Restaurant with a Piano in the middle & subdued lighting, very swish & modern!
We were seated & waited over 40mins for our starters & in the meantime ordered Cocktails-which were really good.
After about an hour after the Starters were cleared we were still waiting for our Main, unfortunately we had to call over the Waitress as no one had attended to us. She left to investigate & came back saying half of the party's food was no longer available as they had run out!!!
Outrageous as we had pre-booked this! No sign of authority in the Restaurant, we had to hunt out the Manager to discuss at the till, low & behold another party was with him complaining as well & getting money taken off the bill!
Still no apology, only to be told that they were short of staff that evening- not our fault!
Mains came & were cold, like they had been left on the side for ages & 2 people's steaks were Rare instead of Medium, we really couldn't be bothered to eat anyway at this point as it was nearly 10.30pm. We got bill dramatically reduced after a lot of arguing & left-never to return to this Brown's anyway.
Clearly a lack of organisation & Management, a real disaster which should never happen, let alone on a birthday meal!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS :(

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank KG22OM
Scorpionicx, General Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear Kate R,

I apologise your evening spent with us fell below standard.

I would appreciate if you could call me in this number (01908241118) when you can spare a few minutes. This will allow me to deal with this effectively and hopefully will allow me to restore your faith with Browns.

Regards,