“A Loud Buzz”

Browns Brasserie & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Browns Brasserie & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 537 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Price range: US$12 - US$36
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Browns Brasserie & Bar Milton Keynes is on Midsummer Boulevard, one of the main east-to-west routes of the city. It's a short distance from Milton Keynes Central Station, and is close to the theatre district and Midsummer Place, a shopping mall that houses many top retail outlets. Browns is a spacious restaurant and brasserie with a lovely bar area and a truly relaxing atmosphere. Drop in for coffee or a cold drink to refresh you after a shopping spree, or join us for dinner and cocktails before heading out to the theatre. The perfect place to celebrate a birthday, work party or a Hen do. We can also accommodate private parties for up to 150 people.
Bedford
“A Loud Buzz”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

There was definitely a buzz about the place on Saturday night, the bar was heaving, and the restaurant was filling up. The food was good, but pricey and the service was quick. We were well looked after. As the evening progressed however that buzz turned into a clamour, but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

• Visited April 2014

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Browns on a Saturday night”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We met some dear friends here on a Saturday night 2 weeks ago, I have to say that we were seated quickly and drinks arrived promptly. However it did take us a while to order as we were talking but once we had decided it take an age to get our food. The starters though were extremely tasty but again a huge wait till the next course arrived. The food was good and our waiter was wonderful however the kitchen must have been understaffed as the orders were backed up and slow coming out, The acoustics are not great as there are no soft furnishings and there were a few large tables in which meant it was very noisy, we ended up shouting to each other, also it is on the pricier side of local restaurants. All that said we would return but probably during the week next time.

Milton Keynes
“Decent breakfast and super vlaue”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Took advantage of their two for the price of one breakfast deal. Two full english breakfasts for £9.

Freshly cooked and great quality ingredients. Very attentive and helpful waiter.

I expected a wait for our food as, unlike many places, they clearly cook to order rather than keep it cooked ready. However for a weekday breakfast I do feel it took rather too long.

milton keyes
“Stale Sandwiches at Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We booked afternoon tea for 19 people at browns for a hen party.

For a Saturday at 14.30 I was really surprised that we were the only people eating!

Sandwiches arrived along with the cakes, everything presented lovely. Only thing I will say about the sandwiches is that if you don't like, Egg, Salmon and Cucumber than you'll be left hungry! I thought these we're quite acquired taste sandwiches and some of our group didn't have any. We did complain about the sandwiches as they were stale, the manager said they were made fresh before we arrived, if that was the case then the bread can't of been fresh. She offered to make some more but we said no as I don't think they'll get eaten. So instead took £20 off our bill.

When it came to paying they have been a service charge of £25.00 on which we asked to be taken off. And also as some people had coffee instead of tea they had charged us for the 6 coffees we had! When asked why they charged us for this they said that tea was only included! This should of been explained when people asked for coffee, also I don't know why they charge you for it! this is the first time I've been somewhere for afternoon tea and been charged for coffee!

I wouldn't return as I think you can get better elsewhere!

• Visited March 2014
Scorpionicx, General Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Charlotte,

Many thanks for taking the time and sharing your thoughts regarding your most recent visit to Browns Restaurant in MK last Saturday.

I would like to apologise if you felt your food was below your expectations.

Let me assure we only use the best quality ingredients and every food item is freshly cooked.

Let me assure you we do care about what our guests think and we always listen to your comments to improve our standards.

I would appreciate if you could call us when you can spare a few moments. This will allow us to deal with this effectively and hopefully will allow me to restore your faith with Browns. I am very keen to speak to you and hopefully give me an opportunity to invite you again to Browns MK.

Regards,

Ranjit Singh
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Food really nice, service time could be improved”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Brought some guests to the uk here for a nice Sunday roast. With Browns the food is really nice, Sunday roast is pricey and light on veg but really good. Also a lovely spacious relaxed atmosphere although the piano player could and should have kept the music way more lounge music than some of the stuff he was playing!
Like I say food good, and deserts also good, I had the cheese board which was huge, beautifully presented and I'd go there just for a drink and the cheese board alone.
The real let down here is not the friendliness of the staff, as they were lovely, but the time it takes to get things. Our first round of drinks took five mins to arrive and there was an apology, then my guests asked for water which took a bout fifteen minutes too arrive. So I'd say just say to management that staff should be attentive at all times but even more so in quiet periods as this was as there's not really any excuse.