“A good night ruined”

Browns Brasserie & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Browns Brasserie & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 536 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Price range: US$11 - US$36
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Browns Brasserie & Bar Milton Keynes is on Midsummer Boulevard, one of the main east-to-west routes of the city. It's a short distance from Milton Keynes Central Station, and is close to the theatre district and Midsummer Place, a shopping mall that houses many top retail outlets. Browns is a spacious restaurant and brasserie with a lovely bar area and a truly relaxing atmosphere. Drop in for coffee or a cold drink to refresh you after a shopping spree, or join us for dinner and cocktails before heading out to the theatre. The perfect place to celebrate a birthday, work party or a Hen do. We can also accommodate private parties for up to 150 people.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A good night ruined”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

It would seem the art of tending to a bar has been lost at Browns in MK. After ordering a cocktail in front of 3 male staff members all staring at my girlfriend's cleavage, she was then invited to shake the mix of her drink to presumably provide them with some sort of a show, much to their amusement.
Cocky, lecherous, unprofessional staff. I expect that kind of behaviour from the opposite side of the bar, if at all. Thanks for nothing.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Wev1
BrownsMKmgr, Guest Relations Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Wev1

Many thanks for taking the time and sharing your thoughts regarding your most recent visit to Browns Restaurant in MK. I am very disappointed that you had a poor visit and that this situation occurred.

Let me assure you we do care about what our guests think and do take these matters very seriously and who ever was involved will be dealt with in-house.

I will certainly look into this and share your feed back with our team so that a similar situation doesn't occur again.

I would appreciate if you could give us a call to discuss your visit, and to get some more information on the evening so I can take it further.

This will give us an opportunity to restore your faith in Browns.

Kind Regards,

Katie Staveley

Guest Services Manager

Bedford
“A Loud Buzz”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

There was definitely a buzz about the place on Saturday night, the bar was heaving, and the restaurant was filling up. The food was good, but pricey and the service was quick. We were well looked after. As the evening progressed however that buzz turned into a clamour, but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

• Visited April 2014
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Browns on a Saturday night”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We met some dear friends here on a Saturday night 2 weeks ago, I have to say that we were seated quickly and drinks arrived promptly. However it did take us a while to order as we were talking but once we had decided it take an age to get our food. The starters though were extremely tasty but again a huge wait till the next course arrived. The food was good and our waiter was wonderful however the kitchen must have been understaffed as the orders were backed up and slow coming out, The acoustics are not great as there are no soft furnishings and there were a few large tables in which meant it was very noisy, we ended up shouting to each other, also it is on the pricier side of local restaurants. All that said we would return but probably during the week next time.

Milton Keynes
“Decent breakfast and super vlaue”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Took advantage of their two for the price of one breakfast deal. Two full english breakfasts for £9.

Freshly cooked and great quality ingredients. Very attentive and helpful waiter.

I expected a wait for our food as, unlike many places, they clearly cook to order rather than keep it cooked ready. However for a weekday breakfast I do feel it took rather too long.

milton keyes
“Stale Sandwiches at Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We booked afternoon tea for 19 people at browns for a hen party.

For a Saturday at 14.30 I was really surprised that we were the only people eating!

Sandwiches arrived along with the cakes, everything presented lovely. Only thing I will say about the sandwiches is that if you don't like, Egg, Salmon and Cucumber than you'll be left hungry! I thought these we're quite acquired taste sandwiches and some of our group didn't have any. We did complain about the sandwiches as they were stale, the manager said they were made fresh before we arrived, if that was the case then the bread can't of been fresh. She offered to make some more but we said no as I don't think they'll get eaten. So instead took £20 off our bill.

When it came to paying they have been a service charge of £25.00 on which we asked to be taken off. And also as some people had coffee instead of tea they had charged us for the 6 coffees we had! When asked why they charged us for this they said that tea was only included! This should of been explained when people asked for coffee, also I don't know why they charge you for it! this is the first time I've been somewhere for afternoon tea and been charged for coffee!

I wouldn't return as I think you can get better elsewhere!

• Visited March 2014
Scorpionicx, General Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Charlotte,

Many thanks for taking the time and sharing your thoughts regarding your most recent visit to Browns Restaurant in MK last Saturday.

I would like to apologise if you felt your food was below your expectations.

Let me assure we only use the best quality ingredients and every food item is freshly cooked.

Let me assure you we do care about what our guests think and we always listen to your comments to improve our standards.

I would appreciate if you could call us when you can spare a few moments. This will allow us to deal with this effectively and hopefully will allow me to restore your faith with Browns. I am very keen to speak to you and hopefully give me an opportunity to invite you again to Browns MK.

Regards,