“Mamma Mia Milton Keynes!!!”
Review of The Plough

The Plough
Ranked #138 of 568 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, British, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Congratulations! You’ve won the chance to visit us and have a great time, well done you! We’re a village pub in the big city (well, town), with even bigger plans for world domination. The Plough is the perfect place to meet friends, family or supervillains, as we treat you to a no-holds-barred festival of food and drink. Facilities Our toilets are dead good! If that’s not enough, there’s also a great garden that runs right down to the Grand Union Canal, and it’s a great place to eat during the brief interludes between rainshowers and downpours the British weather permits us. We even do barbecues! Inside is where we keep things like our excellent restaurant, the comfortable & relaxing snug, and the all-important bar. The toilets are inside too, don’t worry. Free wifi is available throughout, and we have free parking, but please use the spaces behind the pub instead of bringing the car in with you. We’re dog-friendly (we prefer them to humans), child-friendly, and childish. Please note any unattended child will be given caffeine and a puppy. Our staff aren’t always sarcastic; sometimes they’re asleep. Our mums love us though. We have absolutely no uranium enrichment facilities. Apologies for any inconvenience. Restaurant We’re pretty proud of our restaurant. Whether you’re with friends or colleagues, looking for a hearty meal with the family, or after a dinner for two, we’ve got you covered. Once you’ve finished admiring the decor, we’ll seat you at a table and discreetly bicker over the chance to serve you. We’ve got a great selection of wines, beers and spirits, and we’ve even heard of nonalcoholic drinks too. Our chefs specialise in unpretentious food that makes the most of quality, fresh produce. We like to prepare imaginative dishes done properly, so our menu stays interesting and enticing. No, honestly, you’ll want to eat our stuff again and again! We cater to most dietary requirements and preferences (and fussiness), including an actual variety of vegetarian choices. We love having families with kids over for tea too, no worries. If you’ve still got room after dinner, we’ve got a wonderful selection of desserts, and we do a mean cup of coffee or hot chocolate, barista style. When the weather’s kinder to all of us, you can dine out in our al fresco area, as well as in our canal-side garden. Our restaurant can be booked for private functions; ring us and ask! We’re dog-friendly (we prefer them to humans), child-friendly, and childish. Please note any unattended child will be given caffeine and a puppy.
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I've eaten in The Plough twice recently, once for lunch and once for dinner with some friends. The first time I ate there was very good with attentive service and tasty food, not to mention the great range of beers on offer (not that I could indulge as I was driving!).

So, I went back to try out the evening menu. I plonked for a simple Bruschetta and Pizza to test out the claim of authentic Italian cuisine. You will not be disappointed!!! I had an oversize Bruschetta well presented followed by the Calzone. The food was simply delicious and I would recommend if you are passing by that you stop in.

The range of cask and domestic/international beers is great and the staff are extremely attentive, especially Gabriella, one half of the brother/sister duo that run the place. She whooshes around the restaurant attending to everybody's needs. It was a Tuesday evening but still busy.

Enjoy!

2  Thank FishHutch

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I went to the Plough, with some friend to try the great pizzas in the menu. All the different dishes we tried were great and great value for money. This was further improved with great drinks on offer and the service we received.

I would recommend the Plough to every one

1  Thank 306hdi
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This pub sits on the Grand Union Canal and is a lovely little find. The restaurant is a bit 'posey' for a small establishment but is always full. Bar food is still served in the lounge area. Great for a drink on the canal or a game of pool without being disturbed by lager louts.

1  Thank BEX899
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We went to The Plough as a group with friends. The hosts Garbriella and Antonio are very welcoming and can't do enough to ensure you have everything you need. The menu is Italian based but boy do they do it well. Best Mushroom Risotto I have ever had and the rest of the group loved their food. Our table had a sharing starter which was very generous with it's portion size considering 5 of us ate it!

The pudding was yummy but I couldn't eat it all - too full.

I would say that the cost it a bit high but then considering the standard of the food it worth paying for. I will be going back in the summer as the pub backs onto the canal and should be very relaxing.

2  Thank Jules0131
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The food was excpetional, although a little on the pricey side.

The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Worth a visit