“Great Hen Night and Great New Year”
Review of The Greene Room - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Greene Room
London, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great Hen Night and Great New Year”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I love this place. We went there for a Hen Night in August and had an absolute fabulous time, so we decided to go on New Years Eve, and it was even better.

I love the Resident Dolls and the staff are so friendly. They have touchscreens that you order your drinks on, which is a fab idea. When organising my friend's hen night, this was made so easy for me by the lady that deals with the bookings.

Can't wait to come back :)

Visited December 2011
1 Thank iwishiwasaprincess

Milton Keynes, UK.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Something different in MK.”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I was really excited when this place was announced as opening. As MK has the same old, same old bars and clubs, which attracts those much younger than myself!

The venue has been completely refitted and looks great. Top marks on decor.

I've been three times; caberet night, comedy night and also went one night for a late night drink after the show had finished.

All three times I've been there the staff have been friendly and efficient, the toilets clean and the entertainment passable!

I like the fact that your entry fee to the venue means you have a table and seat for the night and it's great how they move the stage back after the show so we can throw some shapes on the dance floor!

They also have other nice touches, such as ice "buckets" built in to the tables, iPad type computers to order your drinks and food and also they sell shisha pipe sessions.

My only gripes with the place are the drinks prices are silly (it's MK, not West London!) and they don't do bar snacks such as nuts, olives, crisps etc..

I do like the this venue, it doesn't attract "kids" as their clientele and like I say, it's a different night out... They just need to lower the drinks prices!!

2 Thank Bradders33
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Appalling evening- complete shambles. Never again!”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

A group of 4 of us booked for the comedy evening which was to include a burger and glass of bubbly, as a birthday treat for our friend. Prior to the evening I was contacted to advise that there was an issue in the kitchen so the burgers would not be available. I said I was not happy with this but as it was a birthday treat for a friend, we couldn't move the date and no refund could be given.

We arrived to a very casual, almost disinterested welcome and were shown to our table in the empty venue (this was 7:15pm). Paid for a round of drinks, bit pricey at £4.50 per pint, but to be expected on a night out. After waiting for about an hour, we asked about the bubbly we had expected but the guy didn't seem to know anything about it and went off to check our booking details. He returned a short while afterwards to reassure us that they were 'onto it' as someone had forgotten to put it in the fridge so they were going to get it.

We overheard someone else talking about the buffet they were expecting so I asked the staff whether we would be getting a burger after all. I was advised that they only do Christmas dinners at this time of the year so I asked to speak to the manager who came over and confirmed that they had done food the day before but had brought the food in from elsewhere. It became apparent that we were not the only group there who had paid for and expected food which did not materialise.

The first act had come on by then and was quite good so we decided to put the food issue behind us and started to enjoy the comedy, however a group of bad mannered and ignorant 'guests' decided to chatter through the entire show and completely spoilt it for those of us who were there to see the acts - in fact 3 or 4 tables of people were forced to move from close to the bar area to other empty tables nearer the stage just so they could hear what the comedians were saying! Despite each of the 3 acts and the compere repeatedly requesting for them to show some respect, they continued to talk noisily and get drunker - a couple of them could barely walk. They really should have been ejected from the venue but were left to continue to disrupt the evening.

At 9:25 my husband went to the bar to buy another round of drinks to be told the draught beer had run out! He was offered a bottle of Peroni at £3.90 - he drinks pints which would have cost him almost £8 a pint. How can a venue run out of beer at 9:30pm when they are open until 1:30am?? The staff were totally un-apologetic and disinterested with an attitude of 'tough'.

About 15 minutes later my husband got up to go to the toilet but on the way slipped over on spilt ice that had been left on the floor and badly sprained his knee. We immediately advised the staff who took at least 10 minutes to fetch a mop and clear up the water on the floor. We then had to request someone to bring an accident book over so we could complete it. My husband is now nursing a swollen knee.

The remaining two acts tried their best to continue their sets with the constant talking ruining it for those of us who really had come to enjoy the comedy, and we felt sorry for them as it can't have been easy to perform in front of people like that.

Needless to say we left as soon as the last act had finished at 11pm - one of us limping! and all of us hungry, thirsty and frustrated that something that should have been a special occasion for a friend's birthday, couldn't have been further from what we experienced. It was a complete shambles! The place was certainly not full and I can see why........I certainly would not recommend it as a venue - extremely disappointing, particularly for a place that has only been open 6 months so should be going out of their way to give good entertainment and service.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank tamt0m
london
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Night Out”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I went there for a friends birthday and we had a great night. There was around 16 in our party, half men and half women. The cocktails were half price during long happy hour and we stocked up on them.

Price wise it was ok but on the pricey side, think London West End. However you get what you pay for and these drinks were good quality and certainly potent if some of our party were to be asked.

Service was very good and there was adequate staff to look after the bar and tables.

The entertainment was burlesque dancing (with nipple tassels, no nudity) and a little comedy from the presenter. There was a little audience participation which was hilarious.
The burlesque dancing was something different and very entertaining with a load of laughs, it was not in any way sleazy.

It was an excellent night out, I won't be going every week but if I have visitors from out of town who I want to take to something different, this will be one of my suggestions.

Visited August 2011