“10 out of 10 Amazing hotel !!!!”

Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
London, United Kingdom
“10 out of 10 Amazing hotel !!!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We went for the weekend, hotel was very clean, cannot complain, amazing value for money.From the reservation manager Lee, to front desk the staff were better than any 5 star hotel. Extremely helpful and would go out of their way for you. Location was perfect, so close to the shopping malls and the entertainment facilities. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Shak s

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes. I am particularly delighted that you find the team here at the hotel friendly,and helpful.
I have passed your comments onto Lee and the team at the hotel who were delighted to hear this.

Wayne Bowring

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I've stayed here a number of times in the last few years and the daytime/ evening staff throughout the hotel are excellent.

However at my recent stay I was witness to something that completely shocked me and that was the arrogance of the night staff. I will safely say that after all my travels over the years, I've seen the guards at Checkpoint Charlie or members of Her Majesty's Customs and Excise at Heathrow would give a warmer reception than the staff that are employed for night duties at this establishment.

A couple of tips for them and this was as from my viewpoint as an observer and not of the guests concerned (i'm sure IHG would probably see a formal complaint from them).

1. Prejudice - You may have had trouble with other guests in the past but please don't brand everyone with the same brush.

2. Give the benefit of the doubt.

3. Its a hotel and not a nightclub, so the staff need to remember that you need a little bit more tact and diplomacy when speaking to people.

From what I saw that evening I would choose not to use this hotel again as it worries me that I may end up being on the receiving end of the "judge, jury and executioners" that are employed there.

What a real shame.......

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear srd570,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret the issues you encountered with our night staff. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, we want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to our service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Restaurant is ok. But there are better places to eat within easy walking distance. Certainly with more atmosphere .

Breakfast is ok. Though try getting a second cup of coffee as part of the buffet.

The rooms are reasonably appointed but cheaper rooms generally are poor in size.

Suites are nice if you can get the free upgrade.

Room rates are expensive. You're opting for proximity to the shopping/businesses in the centre. (Jury's inn down the road do the same but thier expensive rate is less that holiday inn cheap rate and is a similar standard). Rooms can be noisy from outside depending on which way you're facing.

Bed. Comfortable. Can't complain about that.

Wifi. There is none unless you pay for it. Even in the lobby. Ridiculous at this room rate price.

Health spa is tired looking but reasonable. Don't forget your £1 for the locker. Oh my.

Staff are friendly but unhelpful. Rarely a smile on any of the people serving this morning.

Overall. I was stuck for a place to stay. This was the only place with space. Totally understand why people don't want to stay here. Over priced and soulless. Like Milton Keynes itself I guess.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob M
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Rob M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

On reading your comments I am concerned that you felt the hotel did not meet your requirements. As you can see from the many previous reviews we have had some great feedback on the hotel and especially our team so it is disappointing that you did not experience these on your recent visit.

With regards to the 4 star rating this is, as you may know, awarded following an unannounced annual visit by the AA inspector and I am proud to say that we are the only hotel to have 4 stars in the centre of Milton Keynes and have been awarded this for the last 4 years.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review. If I can be of any further assistance or you wish to speak to me regarding your visit then please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Best Wishes

Wayne Bowring - General Manager
Epworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Didn't really know what to expect, but was generally pleased. Room perfectly adequate, staff good, reasonably priced parking at the front door and well-placed for restaurants, shops, bars etc. Didn't have £15 breakfast myself, but overheard positive comments from other guests. Also close to the railway station.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear AndyMarr

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent experience with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes . We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and I am delighted we met all your expectations.

Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel inside is not what you think a holiday in would look like it's really nicely decorated, the staff are very polite and helpful. The rooms are a bit dated but we were only there for one night. The only issue we found was the heat it was very hot and the air con made no difference. Bed wise I found it a bit uncomfortable but each to there own. We didn't eat on the premises as previous reviews had stated food was over priced and not worth the money so we eat out. But overall a fab time and will be coming back

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear dawn w

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Please accept my apologies for the elements of your stay that were not to your satisfaction. It is certainly disappointing to read that we did not deliver on a truly great guest experience.. I along with the hotel management team review all guest comments to ensure we can rectify any shortcoming that are experienced so please be assured we will increase our efforts to deliver our goal in our goal in providing great guest experiences and satisfaction.

Bolton
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed overnight on a National Holidays Weekend to Bletchley Park.Good fast checkin.The room was very clean sheets ,towels,were lovely and white and plenty of hot water.Room was warm.We had a buffet evening meal,the food was very good a choice of fish,beef chicken, with veg,plenty choice of salad the tuna was good.The soup was good a shame it was luke warm!The sweet 's were good too all in all I had a good stay.
The drinks at the bar to expensive so did'nt have any ,had water with the meal instead.
If they were cheaper people would buy them!
The breakfast was very good,hot and good choice lovely hot coffee.
Would recommend this hotel.Oh and the trip to BLETCHLEY PARK was a amazing day out.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor away from the road 333 was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear boltondotty,

Thank you for your review, I was delighted to read you had a great stay with us and you enjoyed your event you attended. I will pass all your comments onto the team at the hotel who will be delighted to hear them.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We'd never stayed in a Holiday Inn before but we did on Saturday 29th March this year in Milton Keynes, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was well presented and very clean. Breakfast was a bit disappointing as it was all luke warm, but saying that I ate it! Comfortable bed, good shower, good towels, etc.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Busybadger,

Thank you for your comments, I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.Please accept my apologies for the elements of your stay that were not to your satisfaction. It is certainly disappointing to read that we did not deliver on a truly great guest experience and I will feed your comments back to our Head Chef.