“Great family room and breakfast”

Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night as my husband was running the marathon.
We booked a family room through super breaks and got a good price, better than direct with holiday inn as it included breakfast.
Our family room was a good size and the sofa bed was really comfy. I've noticed the last few times we've stayed in a family room with Holiday Inn the rooms are at the end of a corridor so nice and quiet.
Welcome packs for the kids was a nice touch as was complimentary mineral water in the room. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was lovely.
Location good, short walk to main shopping centre and all the restaurants there.

If you stay at a bank holiday don't park in the hotel car park as free parking the other side of the barriers.

Stayed: May 2014
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear LichfieldCamel,

Thank you for posting your review, I was delighted to read you and your family had a great stay with whilst visiting for your event.
I will pass your comments on to the hotel team who will also we delighted to hear this,

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel twice each time it was very late and lee on the front desk both times has been excellent he has done everything possible to make my stay easy and stress free the rooms are beautiful and beds very comfy clean and well presented excellent hotel and excellent staff A+

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear OoMoBzoo,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes. I am particularly delighted that you find the team here at the hotel friendly and efficient . I have shared your comments with Lee and the Wider Hotel Team who were delighted also to hear this.

Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here on for night as we wanted a nice evening out in MK. We have been to a few different hotels in MK before but thought we would try this one.

On arrival the hotel looks nice and inviting, we was on the 2nd floor and room was ok but hot as soon as we walked in. We opened some windows and turned the air con on but this didn't seem to do anything.

We found some one else's peanuts by the window on the floor which obviously hadn't been cleaned at all and could be bad for someone with an allergy.

Shower was good but not very high so my partner of 6'2 couldn't fit under it properly. Bathroom is of really good size.

Pillows were a bit flat, not like you get in premier inn. Bed was ok but if you sat on the edge it seemed to go down. No plugs next to the bed like most hotels and only one set of plugs by the TV. Good size TV and room generally was ok but lack of lighting.

We couldn't get our fridge to open so called reception and they said they would get someone to come up and unlock it but they never came.

In the night we were woken up 4 times by noisy neighbours shouting in the hall way and banging on doors. So I didn't get a good nights sleep at all.

We didn't go for breakfast as £14 each is very expensive.

Apart from the heat, lack of plugs, noise and staff not doing what they say they will, the hotel is in a good location for a one night stay but don't think we would stay here any longer or pay full price.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ceili S

Dear Ceili S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Its always great to see reviews from our returning guests.

Once again please accept my apologies and if I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for one night as myself and my husband were seeing a show at the Theatre. It's in a great location (about 10 mins walk to the theatre, bars and restaurants).

We had a room overlooking what looked like a courtyard with large glass windows. When we entered the room the first thing that hit us was the heat! It was quite a sunny day (certainly not summer weather though) but the heat was overpowering! We noticed the temperature control on the wall and switched it on to cool - nothing but hot air came out of it! We noticed that it can take up to 45 mins to cool down so we decided to get our bearings and go for a walk.

Came back to the room after about an hour and again was hit by the heat - it made me feel sick it was that hot. We decided to turn off the 'aircon' and open the window the 3 inches it let us.. as we overlooked the courtyard there was no wind so it was pointless having the window open. Even so we left it open whilst we went out for the evening, hoping the cool night air would finally give us some respite! Unfortunately it didn't, room was as hot at 11pm than at 4pm. Needless to say I hardly slept and woke up feeling dreadful.

On another note, bed was quite comfy, although no spare pillows. Found someone else's half eaten bag of sweets in the mini fridge and they only provided us with one small carton of UHT milk and no biscuits. Shower was good though and towels were big and fluffy.

We didn't stay for breakfast, at £14 each we felt it was a tad overpriced so we went to the Wetherspoons at the Xscape complex - fab brekkie for £5!!!

I wouldn't stay here again, unless it was winter time. Even then I would consider the Premier Inn or the HI Express down the road first.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Tootsephine,

Thank you for your review, Please accept my apologies for the elements of your stay that were not to your satisfaction. It is certainly disappointing to read that we did not deliver on a truly great guest experience. I along with the hotel management team review all guest comments to ensure we can rectify any shortcoming that are experienced so please be assured we will increase our efforts to deliver our goal in our goal in providing great guest experiences and satisfaction.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Staying I the hotel with my husband and two children age 3&7. From when we arrived @3 in the afternoon we where greeted with fantastic welcome with help your self to cream eggs which the children loved. Got upgraded room with king bed and bed Settee already made up for the children, a big plus as with family rooms you have to make bed yourself ,with Easter eggs and orange juice drink on for them.
Had he dinning plan of the hotel fantastic value for money,fantastic choice and fantastic food and service. With a young family we where welcomed with children has colouring at the table and the swimming pool was a big plus . Well done Holliday inn perfect family brake :)

• Stayed: April 2014
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Jennashadrach,

Thank you for your review, I had pleasure in reading that you and your family enjoyed your Easter break with us, and the team at the hotel looked after during your stay.

I have passed your comments onto the wider hotel team who were delighted to hear this.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Quite ugly from outside but nice inside with really nice rooms. Staff were very helpful and friendly. I got a meal voucher for a meal and 2 drinks for £15 which was amazing value and the food was very good. Breakfast was also vey good. The downsides were having to pay for parking and having a side room which was overlooked by a big office block with all glass sides. The hotel is very handy for the shopping if that is what you are interested in.

Room Tip: The left side of the hotel from the front have rooms overlooked by a glass sided office block.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear roy_jackson,

Thank you for your review I was delighted to read that you have a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed your dining experience with us I have passed your comments onto the Head chef who was delighted to hear this.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We went for the weekend, hotel was very clean, cannot complain, amazing value for money.From the reservation manager Lee, to front desk the staff were better than any 5 star hotel. Extremely helpful and would go out of their way for you. Location was perfect, so close to the shopping malls and the entertainment facilities. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Shak s

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes. I am particularly delighted that you find the team here at the hotel friendly,and helpful.
I have passed your comments onto Lee and the team at the hotel who were delighted to hear this.