After being seconded on business to work in Milton Keynes, I was fortunate enough to spend my 1st night at the Parkside. After several weeks of being booked in a number of other hotels in Milton Keynes, I requested to go back to the Parkside, and subsequently spent nigh on 6 months in residence.
Getting the negatives out of the way:
1. Room quality - Varies room to room and generally in somewhat need of an update.
2. Car Park - Poorly laid out ending up with residents poorly parked which can lead to access being restricted.
3. Coach house accommodation - Provides basic rooms but are quite restrictive and not in the best of order (N.B. This is based on feedback from colleagues, rather than personal experience)
Now to the positives
1. Staff - To a woman and man, from Reception to Restaurant and Bar they were simply fantastic and made my stay so much easier, and couldn't do enough to help.
It really was of great solace, after an extended period away from a young family at home, that I was made to feel like a member of the 'Parkside' family.
2. Location - Considering it is no more than 5 minutes from the centre of Milton Keynes, you would simply not know it, a very tranquil and pretty location.
3. Restaurant - Recognising it already has a Rosette, this is backed up by the superior nature of the menu and food compared to any other hotel restaurant's I ate at and infact a lot of Restaurants in Milton Keynes.
In addition, suffering with a wheat intolerance, the staff made sure everything was checked and where possible an alternative 'wheat free' option offered.
To Rob and his team, I extend my thanks and hope at some point to return to visit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel, an indulging experience in a tranquil setting unique to Milton Keynes. Woughton House (formerly the Mercure Parkside House) has joined the MGallery hotel portfolio which is a collection of boutique hotels offering bespoke design and a rich heritage. Woughton House offers 50 beautifully appointed bedrooms from delightful small double rooms to classic superior rooms and beautifully appointed privilege rooms to the stunningly designed junior suites. The award winning Seasons Restaurant classic British dishes a modern twist with much of the ingredients sourced from the local area. Afternoon tea is served daily between 12noon and 4pm with the scones, cakes and sweet treats all homebaked and created by the team of talented chefs. Set in acres of gardens and overlooking the pastures of the Ouzel Valley Park, Woughton House is a modern country house hotel just minutes from central Milton Keynes. The hotel offers free wifi and free car parking to all visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Parkside Milton Keynes Hotel Milton Keynes
- Mercure Milton Keynes
- Accor Milton Keynes
- Woughton House - MGallery By Sofitel (Was Mercure Parkside House) Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire