“Excellant”

Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was top notch again this year. We go every year and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Lewis was very particularly helpful. Even the managers do the hoovering still maintaining a smart appearance to fill in for absent staff (didn't get the name of this hardworking chap).
Looking forward to next yeat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels
Nicholas B, General Manager at Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm delighted that continue to enjoy your stays with us and I'll ensure that Lewis and the rest of the team read your considered review!

In the meantime we look forward to seeing you next year!

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We held our wedding here on the 17th of April. We had an amazing day which was helped with the excellent staff at the hotel. Nicola our Wedding planner was so helpful throughout. All our guests commented on how it was a lovely relaxed day. This hotel is well worth a visit if you are planning your special day.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Sineadkeller

Many congratulations to you both and thank you for your kind comments. We're delighted that you enjoyed the day and hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We held our Wedding here on Thursday 8th May. Firstly we would like to say a big a Thank you to Nicola and all the staff members that were involved in making our day very special. Everything ran smoothly and we had a fantastic time. From the outset Nicola was very helpful and even created a bespoke menu to suit our requirements and budget. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in Milton Keynes no matter what your budget.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DomMark

Thank you so much for your review and I'm delighted that we were part of your special day - congratulations to you both!

I shall make sure that Nicola and the rest of the team read your review, if they haven't already.

Many thanks again

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Visited this hotel for a wedding. A few family stayed, My wife and I were in the converted coach house so it was nice and quiet. We stayed for two nights and on the first day I went to ring another room from the phone (there were two in the room) and nothing from ether, both dead. I reported this to reception the first morning and was informed that they would sort it, on booking out I was informed that there was a problem with the communications in this part of the hotel and it was going to be sorted. Why was I not informed of this at the start or at least a notice left in the room? to explain the problem. There were also lots of small niggling things, like cleaning things patched up to look o.k. We also had problems when booking as did other members of the family, so this part of the process was far from satisfactory. Probably the best part of the stay was breakfast, as Kathy who was there on both mornings, was brilliant nothing was too much for her to sort out, my grandson's thought she was great.
Overall a pleasant stay but nothing to right home about. As far as the wedding that went very well, and smoothly organised as far as we were concerned.

Room Tip: coach house if you want it quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for your considered review of the hotel. I'm sorry to see that you faced some issues during your stay and I shall investigate these immediately.

I'm glad to see that, on the whole you enjoyed y our stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I celebrated our Ruby Wedding with a Sunday lunch for 70 quests at Parkside hotel on Sunday 27th April 2014 .
The whole event was well organised, the food was very good,the service was excellent .Thanks to Rob and his team.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Nicholas B, General Manager at Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your review - and congratulations!!

I'm delighted to see that Rob and the team looked after you well and I'll make sure that they see your comments. I'm glad that we could be part of your special celebrations!

Congratulations once more and see you again soon

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Visited this hotel for a wedding. The booking process wasn't great. Had to ring several times to get things right and had to ask for a confirmation to be sent.
Venue is lovely, Great country surroundings. The hotel is clean and the well equipped. We had a family room which was very spacious and had everything you would need in it. Lots of little extras and useful items. Nice to have a bath and a shower in the room. Wedding room was decorated beautifully. Food was lovely both the wedding breakfast and the morning after breakfast. Staff are very efficient, polite and attentive. Did all they could to make the day special. Great venue for a wedding. Rooms not cheap but worth paying for a little bit of luxury.

Room Tip: Family rooms were spacious and well equipped.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for your review... I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm really sorry that the booking process was laboured however. I shall certainly investigate with the team...

In the meantime, thank you once again

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This chain hotel is at the bespoke end for Mercure, being a converted old house in a little village within striking distance of Milton Keynes. Our room in the concerted coach house was comfortably furnished and warm, albeit with a cold shower room, and had a refrigerator as well as the usual tea/coffee facilities. The main hotel has good public rooms and log fires in season. There is a cosy pub with food a short walk away, as well as countryside walks nearby. The parking is good.

Room Tip: Coach house 11 is fine, albeit with only a car park view. Parking just outside for those with mobil...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. I completely agree with your comments regarding the hotel - we certainly like to feel that we're slightly different!

I hope that we can welcome you back very soon...