1,285 results
All reviews afternoon tea mercure parkside wedding planner four poster bed main building country house privilege room bridal suite sunday lunch lovely hotel lovely setting function room superior room public areas hotel restaurant bletchley park breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 12 September 2018

I've stayed here about 8 times on my compulsory visits to MK with work. The first visit, had an excellent room, roomy, modern room with nice facilities in the room - but it was booked by my boss.

The next visit was for a week due to attending a training course for work, room smaller this time and slightly tired looking. The next visit I was put up in the 'shed', not in the hotel but an annexe, small room and a bit basic and if memory serves me right, it was quite cold.

I returned a couple of weeks ago and again ended up in the same room as last time, it had been updated - looked nice - only issue I felt was the bed over powered the room, especially as a fitted wardrobe had been put in - had to walk round the bed on tippy toes.

I can't comment on the facilities of the hotel, a colleague had breakfast on the week stay and enjoyed it. Unfortunately business visits for me meant using those facilities would take me over budget.

It is a great hotel, in an amazing surrounding - unfortunately I've always been sleep only basis, due to work.

Room Tip: Pot luck I'm afraid on what you get as a room.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Small room needs updating to todays standard, bathroom small and dated , staff at the hotel where excellent., bar and restaurant prices where over the top for what they served, but breakfast was excellent, better value for money down the road at Ye Olde Swan, 200 yard walk.

Room Tip: bring it up to date
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Visited Woughton House today for my sisters birthday, huge thank you to Gareth for organising, on arrival was greeted by Alex shown us to our ready made beautiful table to our surprise Effervescent pink champagne was on ice , Alex is a delightful member of staff . Bianca - manager went above and beyond and so inviting , talked us through all the different Teas and what a great selection, also different alternatives such as coffees and Hot chocolates ,we opted for The Lady and Breakfast Tea , Fresh water poured at all times extremely prompt .Then our precisely irresistible selection of fine sandwiches, salmon, cucumber, beef ham . Clotted cream delicious jam scones,
Melt in your mouth selection of cakes , as you will see in photos , . This place is truly one of the best I have visited , exceptional service, sophisticated and inviting, impeccable standards and surroundings. If I could give it 11 out of 10 I would . Can not wait to return .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Stayed overnight to be close to Bletchley Park. Had considered other hotels in area but glad we chose this one as it was very comfortable, had a nice cosy personal feeling. A bit quirky in a boutique kind of way, quite luxurious. Stayed in a privilege room which cost extra but saw other (standard) rooms that looked identical to ours. The only difference was the amenities in the room ie coffee machine, robes, fridge etc . Room was nicely furnished, clean and stylish. Bathroom clean and fresh with nice toiletries. Bed was so comfortable and a good size too. Ate in the hotel restaurant which was very expensive, in fact over priced in my view. However, food was very good.

Room Tip: Unless you are bothered about a fridge, coffee machine and other extras, don't pay extra for a privilege room.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Very pleasant and convenient hotel in a nice green and quiet setting, with friendly service by (most of) the staff and a good kitchen. During our stay were several wedding parties and unfortunately the wedding guests took over all of the hotel while drinking and making a lot of noise, making it quite uncomfortable for the normal guests.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front, which is quite noisy at times with guests smoking late and cars early.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple